From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Allow client to fetch drivers and regions
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:15:12 GMT
Hi Toby

On 10/12/10 14:10, Toby Crawley wrote:
> Michal:
>
> Should we use the more generic 'providers' at this level, instead of
> 'regions'? Not all drivers will support regions, but they may provide
> some other separation concept.
>
> Also, you refer to the EU region as 'eu', instead of the full region
> name ('eu-west-1'). In the AWS documentation, I've seen it referred to
> both ways. I would rather use the full region name here, for consistency.

I think the confusion is because 'eu' *is* a valid location constraint
for the s3 api
http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/index.html?RequestEndpoints.html
  , whereas for ec2 you must specify eu-west-1
http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/2010-08-31/DeveloperGuide/index.html?Using_Endpoints.html#
- so thats nice and confusing :) I think in the end we're gonna have to
do some string manipulation/juggling since we use the same driver for
ec2 and s3

marios