From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Initial boot / post boot Matahari cloud agent and Deltacloud interactions
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 01:15:14 GMT
On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 09:22 -0500, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> (These two deployment options require that a boot string be passed into
> the cloud with the
> following information uuid:IP:secrete ) via the Delta cloud API. The
> DeltaCloud API does
> not need to care about the format, rather just pass a small string onto
> the instance.

For EC2, we already support passing in user data (which winds up on the
special internal web server that EC2 provides at 169.254.169.254) For
Rackspace, we need to add including filenames and contents for those
files in the create instance request. If there are other clouds that
support data injection that are not covered by these two mechanisms, I'd
like to hear about it.

You'll also need some (fairly simple) script to extract that information
regardless of the cloud that you include with your instances. That
script will have to know exactly how the information is passed in, even
though Deltacloud doesn't care.

David