From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 'Name' usage in deltacloud drivers
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 00:19:55 GMT
On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 11:01 -0800, Ian Main wrote:
> Perhaps the regex would be useful for user interface conformity in other
> apps?  For us the instance has to work on any back end so I can't see
> enforcing it in the UI.  I see no reason you couldn't add both.

The main reason I suggested some sort of keyword for the pattern that
the name most match is UI - an error message 'the name is invalid, it
must match the regular expression /.../' is pretty unfriendly. A better
error message is 'The name must be a valid domain name, i.e. consist
only of alphanumeric characters, dashes, dots, ...'

David