From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Dynamic selection of driver
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 01:21:24 GMT
Hi,

Toby Crawley is really the one who brought this up - here's a summary of
a discussion we had a couple days ago.

Right now, the deltacloud server only ever uses one driver; that means
that if you want to talk to multiple clouds, you need to have one
deltacloud server running for each of them. Clearly, not very admin
friendly.

Toby actually experimented with this (wanna share your patch, Toby ?).
To me, the cleanest way to enable dynamic selection of the driver is to
select the driver through add'l HTTP headers. For example, by sending

you'd be using the eu-west region of EC2.

We would maintain the current behavior of the driver as the default when
these headers are absent; so if you start 'deltacloudd -i mock', clients
that don't set the Deltacloud headers will talk to the mock driver.

David