From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RELEASE: rc1 uploaded
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:47:24 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:12 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to get the process of making a formal release started, I just uploaded
> artifacts for a deltacloud 0.1.0 release. The artifacts were built from
> git commit 231153b8 - once we have a formal release, I will also tag it
> in svn.
>
> The release consists of four files total: the server and the Ruby
> client, in gem and tgz format each. It can be found at [1]. There is
> also a detached GPG signature for each of the files[2]

Do we need .asc and .md5 files for each of the artifacts as well ?

> I'd appreciate any feedback on the release candidate; if you find
> bugs/issues, please speak up on this list. I'd also appreciate any
> guidance on what steps or artifacts are missing from the release
> candidate.
>
> My understanding of the process is that I need to call for a vote on the
> general@ mailing list. If nobody on this list objects, I'd like to start
> that process on Monday.

The process is that the RM call a vote on the dev list, where
committers would review and vote. While the project is still in
incubation, we need a second round of vote in general@, but that only
happens after the vote is passed here.

--
Luciano Resende