From Toby Crawley <tcraw...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Two small fixes
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:39:45 GMT
On 10/29/2010 01:55 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> Hi Toby,
>
> On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 21:20 -0400, Toby Crawley wrote:
>> I've done a bit of work to support storage volume
>> creation/deletion/attachment in the client, server, and ec2 driver to
>> support the SteamCannon project. These changes are currently in our
>> fork (http://github.com/steamcannon/steamcannon-deltacloud), which was
>
> That repo doesn't exist - I assume you mean
> http://github.com/steamcannon/deltacloud

Correct - sorry about that.

> Since that repo was forked off the old deltacloud repo, and not off the
> ASF one (http://github.com/apache/deltacloud which mirrors
> git://git.apache.org/deltacloud.git which is a git version of the
> official svn repo) I assume there's a bit of work to be done to
> reconcile the forks.

The fork was initially off of old code, but we've been merging in changes from git://git.apache.org/deltacloud.git
periodically, with the
latest being just after the core v0.0.8/client v0.0.9.8 release. so it's not too far out of
date, though the Michal's xml_to_class changes
will take a bit of work to merge, since I had changes there as well.

>>   forked from core v0.0.8/client v0.0.9.8. The features follow the
>> existing ec2 centric model, which I realize is not the plan going
>> forward. They also currently don't have any tests, but are working
>> well for the current version of SteamCannon.
>>
>> I would love to help get these changes integrated into Deltacloud
>> proper (along with tests), and get us off of a fork. I'd be happy to
>> work with the Deltacloud team to make whatever changes are necessary
>> to implement whatever new storage volume api is needed. If you guys
>> aren't ready to design a storage volume api, I'm also willing to pull
>> the changes out into companion gems - this may require a few changes
>> to core/client to make them plugable.
>
> I'd love to have these additions in the 'official' Deltacloud - why
> don't we start the process of integrating the SC fork by you posting
> patches for the storage volume additions.
>
>> I should have some time next week to devote to this.
>
> I'll probably not be very responsive next week, since I'll be at
> ApacheCon. But don't let that keep you from doing stuff ;)

Sounds good - I'll try to start cranking out patches early next week. Would you prefer them
posted to the list, or attached to jiras?