From Toby Crawley <tcraw...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Two small fixes
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 01:20:46 GMT
David:

I've done a bit of work to support storage volume creation/deletion/attachment in the client,
server, and ec2 driver to support the
SteamCannon project. These changes are currently in our fork (http://github.com/steamcannon/steamcannon-deltacloud),
which was forked from
core v0.0.8/client v0.0.9.8. The features follow the existing ec2 centric model, which I realize
is not the plan going forward. They also
currently don't have any tests, but are working well for the current version of SteamCannon.

I would love to help get these changes integrated into Deltacloud proper (along with tests),
and get us off of a fork. I'd be happy to work
with the Deltacloud team to make whatever changes are necessary to implement whatever new
storage volume api is needed. If you guys aren't
ready to design a storage volume api, I'm also willing to pull the changes out into companion
gems - this may require a few changes to
core/client to make them plugable.

I should have some time next week to devote to this.

Toby