From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:32:39 GMT
Hi Andre, right_aws is needed if you want to use s3 - there was a
problem with amazon's gem (the amazon-ec2 one) which means you can't
work with buckets outside the US. Of course the current situation is not
ideal since we need two gems and as was evident from your own experience
this can cause confusion. For now however this is a necessary evil,

marios

On 13/10/10 11:29, André Dietisheim wrote:
> Hi Marios
>
> as far as I remember the right_aws is not needed (I checked with my
> current gems and I dont have it and things are running here).
>
> Cheers
> André
>
> On 10/13/2010 10:25 AM, marios@redhat.com wrote:
>> Hi Burr,
>>
>> in addition to what Tomas has said, in order to run the ec2 driver for
>> deltacloud you need the 'amazon-ec2' gem and the 'right_aws' gems
>> ('sudo gem install amazon-ec2' and 'sudo gem install right_aws').
>>
>> Please do join us on #deltacloud (irc freenode) and we can hopefully
>> get you up and running in no time,
>>
>> marios
>>
>> On 13/10/10 10:23, Tomas Sedovic wrote:
>>> Hey Burr,
>>>
>>> I'm sorry for the confusion. The `gem` command is in the rubygems
>>> package. `yum install rubygems` should get you covered.
>>>
>>> You can find more detailed instructions here:
>>>
>>> http://deltacloud.org/contribute.html
>>>
>>> This covers installing both the core API stuff and the web frontend. The
>>> page lists the required gems to get you started from a clean Fedora
>>> install, too.
>>>
>>> You seem to need just the API server running, for that you will need the
>>> following packages:
>>>
>>> ruby
>>> ruby-devel
>>> rubygems