From André Dietisheim <andre.dietish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 07:18:56 GMT
  Hi Burr

I did that process last week but I unfortunately did not write down what
I did. I got greate help from the #steamcannon guys. The general advice
was to use gem instead of rpms.
The general approach was to install, look at the missing dependency,
install it, etc.

so the most valuable commands were:

gem --list
gem --install <gem-package>

The most annoying part was when a dependency "aws" was missing and
neither installing the aws gem nor the aws-ruby gem help. The solution
was to install the amazon-ec2 (pretty logical, huh?) gem.

here's the list of gems I currently have (I do no ruby dev so these
might me the ones needed to run deltacloudd):

activesupport (2.3.8)
amazon-ec2 (0.9.15)
daemons (1.1.0)
deltacloud-client (0.0.9.7)