From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Question about instance states
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:32:53 GMT
What does the Linode state machine look like? It would be helpful if you
could list all the Linode states?

RE 'boot failed', can that not be 'stopped'? I mean, you try to start an
instance and it doesn't start (due to whatever error), so it ends up as
'stopped'?

marios

On 07/10/10 12:27, Ladislav Martincik wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have already asked the question on ICQ channel, but I think it deserves it's own thread
on this mailing list.

> At the moment I'm working on Linode driver for Deltacloud Core project and I'm having
problem map all Linode instance states to our Deltacloud default states. Currently we have
PENDING, RUNNING, SHUTTING_DOWN, STOPPED. Linode has 3 other states from which 2 can be mapped
to our standard PENDING state but 1 called "Boot failed" cannot be.