From Chris Lalancette <clala...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:51:40 GMT
On 10/13/10 - 01:49:28PM, Burr Sutter wrote:
>  Alright, thank you for all the help.  Let me see if I have the
> "installation steps" on a new Fedora 13 nailed down:
>
> sudo yum install ruby
> sudo yum install ruby-devel
> sudo yum install rubygems
> sudo yum install gcc-c++
> sudo yum install libxml2-devel
> sudo yum install libxslt-devel
>
> and then
> sudo gem install amazon-ec2
> sudo gem install daemons
> sudo gem install eventmachine
> sudo gem install haml
> sudo gem install json
> sudo gem install --version '1.0.0' rack
> sudo gem install rack-accept
> sudo gem install rake
> sudo gem install rerun
> sudo gem install sinatra
> sudo gem install thin
> sudo gem install deltacloud-core

Agreed that we should put this list somewhere.

The good news is that we are rapidly packaging this set of dependencies for
Fedora, so in the near future we should be able to just do a

# yum install deltacloud-core

To get the whole shebang.  But we still need to keep around the gem
instructions for users on other/older distributions.

--
Chris Lalancette