From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject RELEASE: rc1 uploaded
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:12:53 GMT
Hi,

to get the process of making a formal release started, I just uploaded
artifacts for a deltacloud 0.1.0 release. The artifacts were built from
git commit 231153b8 - once we have a formal release, I will also tag it
in svn.

The release consists of four files total: the server and the Ruby
client, in gem and tgz format each. It can be found at [1]. There is
also a detached GPG signature for each of the files[2]

I'd appreciate any feedback on the release candidate; if you find
bugs/issues, please speak up on this list. I'd also appreciate any
guidance on what steps or artifacts are missing from the release
candidate.

My understanding of the process is that I need to call for a vote on the
general@ mailing list. If nobody on this list objects, I'd like to start
that process on Monday.

David

[1] http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.1.0/rc1/
[2] To verify the signature, first download both the .sig file and the
corresponding artifact. Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify $artifact.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys FC6E8A22

and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.