From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Two small fixes
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:55:26 GMT
Hi Toby,

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 21:20 -0400, Toby Crawley wrote:
> I've done a bit of work to support storage volume
> creation/deletion/attachment in the client, server, and ec2 driver to
> support the SteamCannon project. These changes are currently in our
> fork (http://github.com/steamcannon/steamcannon-deltacloud), which was

That repo doesn't exist - I assume you mean
http://github.com/steamcannon/deltacloud

Since that repo was forked off the old deltacloud repo, and not off the
ASF one (http://github.com/apache/deltacloud which mirrors
git://git.apache.org/deltacloud.git which is a git version of the
official svn repo) I assume there's a bit of work to be done to
reconcile the forks.

>  forked from core v0.0.8/client v0.0.9.8. The features follow the
> existing ec2 centric model, which I realize is not the plan going
> forward. They also currently don't have any tests, but are working
> well for the current version of SteamCannon.
>
> I would love to help get these changes integrated into Deltacloud
> proper (along with tests), and get us off of a fork. I'd be happy to
> work with the Deltacloud team to make whatever changes are necessary
> to implement whatever new storage volume api is needed. If you guys
> aren't ready to design a storage volume api, I'm also willing to pull
> the changes out into companion gems - this may require a few changes
> to core/client to make them plugable.

I'd love to have these additions in the 'official' Deltacloud - why
don't we start the process of integrating the SC fork by you posting
patches for the storage volume additions.

> I should have some time next week to devote to this.

I'll probably not be very responsive next week, since I'll be at
ApacheCon. But don't let that keep you from doing stuff ;)

David