From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Add version checking from client to API
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:57:17 GMT
On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 15:50 +0200, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> May I ask why all these patches and improvements dont just go to jira
> so one can actually find them again ?

Mostly because people like me are used to a mailing-list centric
workflow, and we worked that way before entering the incubator. The
workflow is actually widely used (actually, all the OSS projects I've
even mildly participated in in the last few years work like this)

The main downside to the workflow, that patches might get dropped on the
floor, is mitigated by the fact that the patch author should have an
interest in seeing their work committed (and therefore poke ppl when
acking/committing a patch takes too long)

I am also open to experiment with the newly set-up ASF reviewboard[1],
though I don't feel we really need it, given the fairly low volume of
traffic on this list.

> And the list is used for out-of-bound discussions ?

What do you mean by that ?

David

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/reviewboard_instance_running_at_the