From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: libdeltacloud v0.5
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:43:02 GMT
I'd prefer all DeltaCloud stuff to be under one project if possible.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Chris Lalancette <clalance@redhat.com>
09/20/2010 01:39 PM
Please respond to
deltacloud-dev@incubator.apache.org

deltacloud-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: ANNOUNCE: libdeltacloud v0.5

On 09/10/10 - 12:13:34PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 08:54 -0700, Luciano Resende wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 9, 2010, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>
wrote:

> > > We should also schedule an official Apache IPMC release, so that
> > > we can go through the Apache release process and review of
> > > legal etc on all the artefacts.
> > >
> > > Carl.
> > >

> > What's the relationship between deltacloud and libdeltacloud?
>
> Right now, libdeltacloud is a separate project (it's a deltacloud client
> written in C).
>
> Not sure how Chris feels about it, but it might make sense to add it to
> the incubator project.

I can't say I'm overly enamored of all of the process that goes into an
incubator project.  Given that libdeltacloud is fairly small (just me and
mfojtik have done patches), and that I don't expect it to grow all that
much,
I'm not sure it is worth the overhead.  That being said, if we think there
is
a significant benefit to moving it, then I could be convinced otherwise.

--
Chris Lalancette