From Ed Bradford <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: question about building libdeltacloud
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 21:50:28 GMT

That certainly solved that problem. [libcurl - replace with "libcur-devel"]
Thank you for the quick reply.

Here is my list of required stuff to have on a Fedora 13 system before
trying to build Deltacloud
and libdeltacloud:

ADD: git # yum install git
         # to git this stuff you have to git git.
Ruby
ruby-devel
gcc-c++
libxml2-devel
libxslt-devel
rubygem-rails
rubygem-gettext_rails
rubygem-sqlite3-ruby
ADD: rubygem-builder # makes "rake db:migrate" work.
ADD: libtool # yum install "libtool"
             # installs autoconf, automake
ADD: libcurl-devel

Note the "ADD"'s.

I trying to understand the complete architecture and just now learning what
Ruby is. I thought if I could push a instance creation with a C thing, it
would
help me understand the Ruby code. I've only been at this for about 2 weeks;
I'm not all that speedy.

Ed

             David Lutterkort
             <lutter@redhat.co
                                       deltacloud-dev@incubator.apache.org
             09/08/2010 04:34                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: question about building
             Please respond to         libdeltacloud
             deltacloud-dev@in
             cubator.apache.or

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 16:05 -0500, Ed Bradford wrote:
> I am running a Fedora 13 system in Virtual Box. Everything
> from the "how to get the source" works fine except the build of
libdeltacloud.
> I retrieved version 0.4 from:
>
> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/deltacloud/libdeltacloud.git
>
> After adding "libtool", to Fedora 13, the autogen.sh works,
> but "configure" still says I don't have a libcurl.
>
> From the config.log:
>
> configure:11345: checking libcurl curl-config >= 715
> configure:11357: error: Could not find libcurl (see config.log for
details).

> From a command prompt,
> curl -V
> shows
> curl 7.20.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.20.1 ...
>
> ls -l of /usr/lib/*curl* shows
>
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 -> libcurl.so.4.2.1
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.2.0
>
> What am I doing wrong?

It looks like you're missing libcurl-devel ('yum install libcurl-devel')

Out of curiosity, what are you using the C client for deltacloud for ? I
always imagined it was kind of an edge case - we needed it for Condor,
but I am curious where else a C code needs to access Deltacloud.

David