From Benjamin Browning <bbrow...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse tooling for Delta Cloud
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:54:48 GMT

On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:09 AM, Andersen Max wrote:

>> Do you bundle the deltacloud server within Eclipse ? Since there aren't
>> any public instances (that I know of), users will have to run their own.
>>

> For now we assume users connect to an external deltacloud running locally or remotely.
>
> from what I understand deltacloud today requires native components thus I didn't
> even consider bundling it because of the many environments we would have to test/verify
it in.

> If deltacloud could run in a pure JRuby setup it might be worth considering...but for
> now its external.

We're running deltacloud in a pure JRuby environment with the SteamCannon project. All the
necessary patches to deltacloud-core have been checked in but I don't believe a release of
the deltacloud-core-java gem has happened yet.

There are also some ouststanding patches that have been submitted but not checked in to get
deltacloud-client running under JRuby. However, since you mention using the Java client you
probably don't need this.

Ben