From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse tooling for Delta Cloud
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:32:00 GMT
On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 12:20 +0200, Andersen Max wrote:
> We released milestone 2 of JBoss Tools last week which includes our
> first initial steps on providing Eclipse based
> access to Delta Cloud.

This is reat news ! Thanks so much for sharing.

> Main release blog at
> http://community.jboss.org/en/jbosstools/blog/2010/09/09/jboss-tools-320m2-big-mama
>
> Screenshots/quick explanation about Delta Cloud functionality here:
> http://docs.jboss.org/tools/whatsnew/deltacloud/deltacloud-news-0.0.1.M2.html

This looks very nice.

> Let us know what you think and as always we are very open for for
> feedback/contributions.

Do you bundle the deltacloud server within Eclipse ? Since there aren't
any public instances (that I know of), users will have to run their own.

> p.s. big kudos for Jeff J. to make this happen at the same time as the
> deltacloud API kept changing ;)

Ugh .. sorry about that. Which parts of the API exactly are you using ?
>From the screenshots, it looks like you're definitely using images,
instances and keypairs; anything else ?

And what would you like to see added to the API to make your life easier
and the Eclipse integration more powerful ? What are you using as the
client library in Java, or are you doing straightup REST in your code ?

David