From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: question about building libdeltacloud
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:46:19 GMT
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 16:50 -0500, Ed Bradford wrote:
> That certainly solved that problem. [libcurl - replace with
> "libcur-devel"]
> Thank you for the quick reply.

Glad to hear it works.

> I trying to understand the complete architecture and just now learning
> what Ruby is. I thought if I could push a instance creation with a C
> thing, it would help me understand the Ruby code. I've only been at
> this for about 2 weeks; I'm not all that speedy.

The C client isn't needed at all for that. (But better documentation is
at [1])

The easiest way to get going is to run 'yum install rubygems' and then
'gem install deltacloud-core' on your Fedora machine. The code you get
from the gem is a little outdated, but good enough to get started, and
will make sure that all dependencies are installed.

To switch to the latest greatest, check out the repo from source, either
with

        svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud/
or
        git clone git://git.apache.org/deltacloud.git

Then
        cd deltacloud
        ./server/bin/deltacloudd -i mock

and point your browser at http://localhost:3001/api/ Use
mockuser/mockpasswd as the username and password when you are prompted
for them

To run the command line client, you can do

        cd client # in the deltacloud directory
        export RUBYLIB=$PWD/lib
        export API_URL=http://mockuser:mockpassword@localhost:3001/api
        ./bin/deltacloudc -h