From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Downloads page?
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:18:41 GMT
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 17:36 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> The following page seems to list resources for developers and not
>> actually any downloads of deltacloud as an Apache project. Is that a
>> fair assessment? if so, should we move it to under a Developers
>> section?
>> http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download.html
>
> I don't see it as a developer page. What we need is
>
>      * a directory http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download/
>      * a link to this directory from download.html
>      * stuff to put into the download/ dir (i.e. a release)
>
> David

Does directory means a place to put release artifacts ? Then please
see the link below.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#release-distribution

I guess the bottom line is, a project should only make available
approved artifacts for download, and in the case of Incubator project,
a release needs to be approved by IMPC. The way the download page
pointed by Dims is structured today, it seems that all those downloads
are approved releases from the Deltacloud project.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende