From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2010 (deltacloud-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:34:54 GMT
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 14:26 -0700, Luciano Resende wrote:
>> Anyone working on this month report ?
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I was away at LinuxCon to talk about
> Deltacloud. I just added the following to
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2010:
>
>        = Deltacloud =
>
>        Deltacloud is a cross-cloud RESTful abstraction API. The are
>        currently no issues requiring board attention.
>
>        Recent activity:
>
>         * Grant of initial code finalized: code relicensed under ASL2.0, iCLA's of
all contributor's on file, cCLA from Red Hat for initial submission also on file, code imported
to subversion
>         * First draft of an API specification sent to developer's list
>         * Initial content for project website in svn; need to clear up some technical
hurdles to make it live
>         * Added support for executing commands and copying files into cloud instances
>         * Work on adding blob storage to API under way
>         * Work on publishing reports from a private Hudson instance to a public site
(since it seems we can't get access to Apache's Hudson)
>         * Numerous bug fixes and smaller enhancements
>
>        Next steps:
>
>         * Continue work on API additions
>         * Finalize initial API (including the spec)
>         * Prepare for an initial release with a stable API
>
>        Top 2/3 Issues before graduation:
>
>         * Improve our website with tutorials and "getting started" content.
>         *
>

>        Signed off by mentor:
>

> I would really appreciate if one of the mentors could sign off on the
> report and flesh out the 'issues before graduation' section a little.
>
> David

Great David,

I have added two items under the "issues before graduation" section.

Top 2/3 Issues before graduation:

 * Make an Apache release
 * Attract new committers

--