From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject 'A Blob by any other name'...
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:29:59 GMT
Hi, I have so far been using the nouns 'Container' and 'Blob' for the
entities in our (developing) cloud storage API. It was always the
intention to change these at some point so I thought it would be a good
idea to get some input from the wider group. A 'blob' is a uniquely
named collection of data, stored as a single entity (in S3/CloudFiles
'Object'). A 'container' is a uniquely named grouping of blobs (in S3
'Bucket' and CloudFiles 'Container').

So, any ideas about what we should be calling these 'things'? Do we need
to change the current names at all?

marios