From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Development process
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 00:44:23 GMT
Hi David,

Congratulations on getting deltacloud into the repository.

Just a reminder. All contributions to Apache must be under the Apache
license, which we enforce by requiring all committers to Apache
projects to sign an ICLA before contributions are accepted.

This is the first project that I'm involved in that uses git, so bear
with me. It's important that when crossing the git/svn boundary, the
author of the patch has an ICLA on file. So two things: first, the
committer has to know the author. Second, the author has to file an
ICLA.

If this sounds awkward or unworkable, perhaps others have a better
understanding of how git-svn works in practice.

Craig

On Jul 8, 2010, at 5:32 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like for us to continue using the development process we've
> been
> using so far: all patches have to be posted on this list for review
> before committing them. Once you receive at least one ACK and no NACK,
> you can then push your changes into subversion.
>
> Since most people will be using git (via git-svn), the preferred
> method
> of posting patches is through 'git format-patch' and 'git send-email'.
> That makes it easy to pull the patch series onto a private branch for
> review.
>
> The main thing that changes for people used to a git workflow is that
> they need to run 'git svn dcommit' instead of 'git push' to actually
> push their patches.
>
> David

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle