From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [deltacloud-devel] Moving Core to the incubator
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:33:46 GMT
Michal Fojtik wrote:
> On 08/07/10 17:29 -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
>
>> From now on, all development will happen against this subversion
>> repository. We’re still waiting for the official readonly git mirror to
>> be set up — for now, you will have to make do with git svn. If you have
>> an existing git checkout, you will unfortunately have to throw that
>> away, and check out from scratch:
>>
>>        mkdir deltacloud
>>        cd deltacloud
>>        git svn init -s
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud
>>        git svn fetch
>
> I'm not sure if I not doing something wrong, but last step is taking about
> one hour for me ;-)
>
> mfojtik ~/code $ mkdir core
> mfojtik ~/code $ cd core/
> mfojtik ~/code/core $ git svn init -s
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mfojtik/code/core/.git/
> Using higher level of URL:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud =>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
> mfojtik ~/code/core $ git svn fetch
> W: Ignoring error from SVN, path probably does not exist: (160013):
> Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 100, path
> '/incubator/deltacloud'
> W: Do not be alarmed at the above message git-svn is just searching
> aggressively for old history.
> This may take a while on large repositories
> Checked through r643600

When JIRA INFRA-2859 [1] is implemented you'll be able to just do a much
faster git clone from a GIT mirror of the Deltacloud SVN repos at
http://git.apache.org/, as described there [2].

In the meantime, try git svn fetch --log-window-size 10000.

The log-window-size option helps, fetch just took 5 mn for me.

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
--
Jean-Sebastien