From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [deltacloud-devel] Moving Core to the incubator
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:57:44 GMT
On 08/07/10 17:29 -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:

>>From now on, all development will happen against this subversion
>repository. We’re still waiting for the official readonly git mirror to
>be set up — for now, you will have to make do with git svn. If you have
>an existing git checkout, you will unfortunately have to throw that
>away, and check out from scratch:
>
>        mkdir deltacloud
>        cd deltacloud
>        git svn init -s https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud
>        git svn fetch

I'm not sure if I not doing something wrong, but last step is taking about
one hour for me ;-)

mfojtik ~/code $ mkdir core
mfojtik ~/code $ cd core/
mfojtik ~/code/core $ git svn init -s
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mfojtik/code/core/.git/
Using higher level of URL:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud =>
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
mfojtik ~/code/core $ git svn fetch
W: Ignoring error from SVN, path probably does not exist: (160013):
Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 100, path
'/incubator/deltacloud'
W: Do not be alarmed at the above message git-svn is just searching
aggressively for old history.
This may take a while on large repositories
Checked through r643600

>I've tagged the commit up to which the conversion went with
>'repo-closed' - I might, in the next few days, go and git rm everything
>in that repo, leaving only a text file pointing to the svn repo.
>
>David

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com, +420 532 294 4307
Ruby / Ruby On Rails Developer
Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org