From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Development process
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 06:28:20 GMT
On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 17:44 -0700, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Just a reminder. All contributions to Apache must be under the Apache
> license, which we enforce by requiring all committers to Apache
> projects to sign an ICLA before contributions are accepted.
>
> This is the first project that I'm involved in that uses git, so bear
> with me. It's important that when crossing the git/svn boundary, the
> author of the patch has an ICLA on file. So two things: first, the
> committer has to know the author. Second, the author has to file an
> ICLA.

I didn't mean with my original email that we'd bypass that process -
just that I'd like all commits to go through review here (apart from
minor, mechanical fixes)

Of course, if we get submissions from people without an ICLA, we will
follow the proper Apache process.

> If this sounds awkward or unworkable, perhaps others have a better
> understanding of how git-svn works in practice.

Sounds reasonable. As for git-svn, it's mostly a convenience for how
people who are used to git will work locally. There's nothing keeping
anybody from working with svn directly (though maintaining patches
locally and posting them, for example, is quite a bit more awkward)

David