From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Importing the deltacloud code into svn
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 22:21:36 GMT
On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 12:17 +0200, David Lutterkort wrote:
> A would very much like to preserve the history of the existing repo,
> though I am not sure if that is possible with git-svn or similar,
> especially since we unfortunately have some merge commits on the master
> branch (which I could probably get rid of with a bit of massaging)

Just as un update (much delayed because of vacation and a conference):

As it turns out, there seems to be a way to get a git repo with merge
commits into subversion[1] - I've been experimenting with this, and so
far, it looks promising.

It's a little messy, since I am also getting rid of a lot of libraries
that were committed to git at one point but aren't used any longer (most
prominently, rails)

In my testing, I am down to resolving one last merge commit; hopefully,
I'll have a tree to look and poke at early next week.

David

[1]
http://sandesh247.com/journal/2009/06/importing-git-history-into-a-new-svn-repository