incubator-cvs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2019" by Justin Mclean
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:14:41 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "March2019" page has been changed by Justin Mclean:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2019?action=diff&rev1=104&rev2=105

Comment:
reflow and move iceberg to correct spot

  BatchEE took a vote to go to Apache Geronimo or TLP and decided on TLP they
  have given themselves until June to graduate.
  
- Both of the podlings that failed to report this last month submitted a report
+ Both of the podlings that failed to report this last month submitted a 
- this month.
+ report this month.
  
- Three podlings have not submitted reports and will be asked to report them next month.
+ Three podlings have not submitted reports and will be asked to report them 
+ next month.
  They are;
  - Spot
  - Taverna
  - Warble
  
+ Warble is mostly inactive but has plans to address this.
+ 
- The following podlings failed to get sign off by any mentors and will be asked to report
next month.
+ The following podlings failed to get sign off by any mentors and will be 
+ asked to report next month.
  - Druid
  - Marvin-AI
  - OpenWhisk
  - Ponymail
  
- Warble is mostly inactive but has plans to address this.
- 
  There was one IP clearance.
  
  As reported last month we have a problem with unapproved releases. Checking
  other podlings showed several that are making unapproved releases or have
- branding and trademark issues. Several where contacted and have fixed the issue.
+ branding and trademark issues. Several where contacted and have fixed the 
+ issue.
+ 
  ECharts has several issues that are still outstanding but their mentors and
  their PPMC are dealing with it.
  
@@ -115, +119 @@

  publishing release candidates (and in fact any tag) as a release. I believe
  Infra has reached out to GitHub to see what can be done to improve this.
  
- A couple of mentors were found for podlings with less than 3 mentors.
- 
- A few old unused incubator mailing lists were shut down.
- 
- A discussion come up about short non-ASF domain names and hosting copies
- of ASF sites in China.
- 
  * Community
  
    New IPMC members:
@@ -150, +147 @@

  * Infrastructure
  
  * Miscellaneous
+   A couple of mentors were found for podlings with less than 3 mentors.
+  
+   A few old unused incubator mailing lists were shut down.
+ 
+   A discussion come up about short non-ASF domain names and hosting copies
+   of ASF sites in China.
  
  * Credits
  
@@ -163, +166 @@

  Dubbo
  Hivemall
  Hudi
+ Iceberg
  IoTDB
  Marvin-AI
  Myriad
@@ -200, +204 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- Community is a little shy, some more activities could be occurred in the mail list.
+   Community is a little shy, some more activities could be occurred in the 
+   mail list.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- Added one PPMC member
+   Added one PPMC member
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- The repo has been moved to apache git hosted on github, committers are working on remaining
commit permission issues
+   The repo has been moved to apache git hosted on github, committers are 
+   working on remaining commit permission issues
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  
- Very beginning of the podling
+   Very beginning of the podling
  
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
@@ -224, +230 @@

  
  Date of last release:
  
- No Apache release
+   No Apache release
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- Added one PPMC member-JerryTan
+   Added one PPMC member-JerryTan
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- Dave is very helpful to push apache infra to work on repo transfer, and added jerrytan as
new PPMC member.
+   Dave is very helpful to push apache infra to work on repo transfer, and 
+   added jerrytan as new PPMC member.
- Von Gosling is also trying his best to encourage ppmc members to be more active and make
discussion about
+   Von Gosling is also trying his best to encourage ppmc members to be more 
+   active and make discussion about the feature development in the community.
- the feature development in the community.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    [X](brpc) Kevin A. McGrail
-      Comments: I'll try and be more helpful. I've subscribed to dev and private.
+      Comments: I'll try and be more helpful. I've subscribed to dev
+      and private.
    [ ](brpc) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
       Comments:
    [x](brpc) Von Gosling
       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- Dave Fisher: now the the git repository has finally been transferred and the correct
+   Dave Fisher: now the the git repository has finally been transferred and 
-     membership is on the PPMC the podling can finally get some community traction.
+   the correct membership is on the PPMC the podling can finally get some
+   community traction.
-     I plan to keep a close eye and will ask to officially mentor if needed.
+   I plan to keep a close eye and will ask to officially mentor if needed.
- Von Gosling: community should be encouraged to make more discussion in the mail list.
+   Von Gosling: community should be encouraged to make more discussion in the 
+   mail list.
  
  --------------------
  Crail
@@ -275, +284 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- * The OSDI'18 paper on Elastic Ephemeral Storage for Serverless
+   * The OSDI'18 paper on Elastic Ephemeral Storage for Serverless
    Analytics (based on Apache Crail) increased projects visibility
    noticeable.
- * We added two blog posts to the projects Apache home page. One
+   * We added two blog posts to the projects Apache home page. One
    blog covers the performance of the Crail Python API, another
    efficient shuffle data dis-aggregation via Crail.
- * The @ApacheCrail twitter account has 155 followers. We use it to
+   * The @ApacheCrail twitter account has 155 followers. We use it to
    regularly tweet the availability of new blog posts, code releases etc.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- * Bug fixes for current release.
+   * Bug fixes for current release.
- * Started evaluation of options for adding fault tolerance/robustness
+   * Started evaluation of options for adding fault tolerance/robustness
    to Crail service.
- * Started native C++ implementation of Crail tailored to Machine Learning
+   * Started native C++ implementation of Crail tailored to Machine Learning
    framework integration (such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
@@ -313, +322 @@

  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- * Our mentors are very helpful. We are very happy we got Felix Cheung
+   * Our mentors are very helpful. We are very happy we got Felix Cheung
    offering help as a third mentor.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    [x](crail) Felix Cheung
-      Comments: Good work on external community; would love to see more traffic on dev@
+      Comments: Good work on external community; would love to see more 
+      traffic on dev@
    [ ](crail) Julian Hyde
       Comments:
    [ ](crail) Luciano Resende
@@ -346, +356 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- - None
+   - None
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- - A user is developing a DFDL/Daffodil class, leading to many good
+   - A user is developing a DFDL/Daffodil class, leading to many good
    discussions on the users@ mailing list
- - Apache PLC4X has developed a DFDL schema and used Daffodil as a
+   - Apache PLC4X has developed a DFDL schema and used Daffodil as a
    means to parse Industrial IoT data
- - Continued discussions and investigations to integrate Daffodil
+   - Continued discussions and investigations to integrate Daffodil
    with Apache NiFi
- - Mike Beckerle gave a talk at a local Meetup in December, leading
+   - Mike Beckerle gave a talk at a local Meetup in December, leading
    to some discussions on the users@ list
- - Steve Lawrence is scheduled to give a talk at the Apache Roadshow
+   - Steve Lawrence is scheduled to give a talk at the Apache Roadshow
    in DC, March 25
- - Contributions made from two first time Daffodil contributors
+   - Contributions made from two first time Daffodil contributors
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- - 44 commits from 5 different developers
+   - 44 commits from 5 different developers
- - 62 issues created, 57 issues resolved
+   - 62 issues created, 57 issues resolved
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
- [ ] Initial setup
+   [ ] Initial setup
- [ ] Working towards first release
+   [ ] Working towards first release
- [X] Community building
+   [X] Community building
- [ ] Nearing graduation
+   [ ] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:
+   [ ] Other:
  
  Date of last release:
  
- 2019-02-26
+   2019-02-26
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- - None, same as project incubation
+   - None, same as project incubation
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- - We have one inactive mentor, but the addition of a new mentor
+   - We have one inactive mentor, but the addition of a new mentor
    should help with that
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
- [ ](daffodil) John D. Ament
+   [ ](daffodil) John D. Ament
- Comments:
+   Comments:
- [X](daffodil) David Fisher
+   [X](daffodil) David Fisher
- Comments: The project is doing well with the code and helping users.
+   Comments: The project is doing well with the code and helping users.
-     Focus on community growth is now required. Thank you CDutz for mentoring!
+   Focus on community growth is now required. Thank you CDutz for 
+   mentoring!
- [X](daffodil) Christofer Dutz
+   [X](daffodil) Christofer Dutz
- Comments: Just started out being a mentor for Daffodil a week ago ...
+   Comments: Just started out being a mentor for Daffodil a week ago ...
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
@@ -420, +431 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- Not this time
+   Not this time
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- All initial committers have completed on-boarding.
+   All initial committers have completed on-boarding.
  
- Also we've seen addition of 3 more contributors: Anna Orlovska, Oleksandr Isniuk and Demyan
Mysakovets
+   Also we've seen addition of 3 more contributors: Anna Orlovska, Oleksandr 
+   Isniuk and Demyan Mysakovets
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- The team fully switched our work to Apache Infrastructure: JIRA, Git.
+   The team fully switched our work to Apache Infrastructure: JIRA, Git.
  
- Also we've been working hardly towards first Apache release.
+   Also we've been working hardly towards first Apache release.
  
- Release branch has been created and is waiting for further acceptance by means of voting
in apache general mailing list.
+   Release branch has been created and is waiting for further acceptance by 
+   means of voting in apache general mailing list.
- We've already reviewed and fixed couple of enhancements proposed by our mentors in regards
to the release.
+   We've already reviewed and fixed couple of enhancements proposed by our 
+   mentors in regards to the release.
  
- We've added bunch of new features, all of them described in release notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1
+   We've added bunch of new features, all of them described in release notes: 
+   https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -454, +469 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- Oleksandr Isniuk added as new PPMC 2/26/2019
+   Oleksandr Isniuk added as new PPMC 2/26/2019
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- We would highly appreciate if following page could start being populated: https://incubator.apache.org/projects/dlab.html,
currently there are many empty pages, not all sections are filled in.
+   We would highly appreciate if following page could start being populated: 
+   https://incubator.apache.org/projects/dlab.html, currently there are many 
+   empty pages, not all sections are filled in.
- The team can provide all needed information, but unfortunately we don't ability to Edit
this page.
+   The team can provide all needed information, but unfortunately we don't 
+   ability to Edit this page.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -473, +491 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- Dave Fisher: DLAB is yet another podling that does not understand that the
+   Dave Fisher: DLAB is yet another podling that does not understand that the
               top 3 items to address question is forward looking. The IPMC
               needs to refine the question - English language tenses can be
               subtle. Since MOIN Wiki is going away there is an opportunity
@@ -498, +516 @@

    None.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
-   - We see growth in the number of downloads for Druid, with a ~11% compound weekly rate
since the last podling report.
+   - We see growth in the number of downloads for Druid, with a ~11% 
+   compound weekly rate since the last podling report.
-   - We see a good rate of new PRs opened (between 10-30 opened weekly) since the last report.
+   - We see a good rate of new PRs opened (between 10-30 opened weekly) 
+   since the last report.
-   - The project has been receiving ~25 Github stars added per week since the last report.
+   - The project has been receiving ~25 Github stars added per week since 
+   the last report.
    - The next Druid meetup has been scheduled for April 2, 2019.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   - Since the last report, we have had a total of 151 commits from 23 contributors
+   - Since the last report, we have had a total of 151 commits from 23 
+   contributors
    - We have released 0.13.0-incubating, our first incubator release
-   - We have code frozen the branch for our second release, 0.14.0-incubating, and we are
currently preparing the release candidate.
+   - We have code frozen the branch for our second release, 
+   0.14.0-incubating, and we are currently preparing the release candidate.
-   - We have updated our LICENSE and NOTICE files which were issues in our first release
+   - We have updated our LICENSE and NOTICE files which were issues in our 
+   first release
-   - We are continuing to work on moving the project pages from druid.io to druid.apache.org
+   - We are continuing to work on moving the project pages from druid.io to 
+   druid.apache.org
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -713, +738 @@

               Feb 2019     6         3
     * Created 10 Pull Requests and closed 10 Pull Requests between Nov 28th
      and Feb 28th.
+   
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+
  created%3A2018-11-28..2019-02-28
+   
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+
  closed%3A2018-11-28..2019-02-28
  
@@ -750, +777 @@

    [x](hivemall) Koji Sekiguchi
       Comments: We've released 0.5.2 in December. We've moved repository to
                 gitbox smoothly in January.
-                As the lead PPMC, Makoto handles the community nicely and other
+                As the lead PPMC, Makoto handles the community nicely and 
-                PMC members are cooperative team players.
+                other PMC members are cooperative team players.
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
@@ -775, +802 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   Project's still being setup. Few new user inquiries, 10+ signups on dev@ ML
+   Project's still being setup. Few new user inquiries, 10+ signups on dev@ 
+   ML
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
@@ -783, +811 @@

    2. hudi.apache.org site has been published with community guidelines
    3. Hudi Improvement Plan (based off Apache Kafka KIP) under review
    4. Agreement over code migration method, JIRA vs Github Issues
-   5. Submitted a Hudi talk abstract for upcoming Berlin Buzzwords in June 2019
+   5. Submitted a Hudi talk abstract for upcoming Berlin Buzzwords in June 
+   2019
    6. Issues migrated to Apache JIRA from github.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
@@ -807, +836 @@

  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
-     Yes. Mentors are actively following up on ML questions and pointing out gaps
+     Yes. Mentors are actively following up on ML questions and pointing out 
+     gaps
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    [X](hudi) Thomas Weise
-      Comments: Nice uptick on mailing list activity and collaboration thinking.
+      Comments: Nice uptick on mailing list activity and collaboration 
+      thinking.
    [ ](hudi) Luciano Resende
       Comments:
    [ ](hudi) Kishore Gopalakrishnan
@@ -821, +852 @@

       Comments: Good adaption of the Apache Way by PPMC. 
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
+ 
+ --------------------
+ Iceberg
+ 
+ Iceberg is a table format for large, slow-moving tabular data.
+ 
+ Iceberg has been incubating since 2018-11-16.
+ 
+ Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
+ 
+   1. Update build for Apache release, add LICENSE/NOTICE to Jars.
+   2. Make the first Apache release.
+   (https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/milestone/1)
+   3. Grow the Iceberg community
+ 
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
+ aware of?
+ 
+   * No issues that require attention.
+ 
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
+ 
+   * The community has continued to receive new contributors
+   * Several contributors are reliable helping review pull requests. Because 
+     of these review contributions and the small number of committers, the
+     community voted to relax the RTC requirements and allow committers to 
+     push their own changes if the community has reviewed the PR. This helps 
+     develop reviewers and gets changes in faster. The vote also set reasonable 
+     limits for this practice: PRs must be up for at least 2 days and this is only 
+     for the first year, while we are working with a small set of committers.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   * Podling name search concluded that Iceberg is a suitable name.
+     (See PODLINGNAMESEARCH-163)
+   * The community voted to accept a large PR with a Python implementation.
+   * Contributors are fixing important predicate push-down issues, including
+     case sensitivity, filtering on nested types, missing file metrics, etc.
+   * Contributors added support for plugging in file stream encryption.
+ 
+ How would you assess the podling's maturity?
+ Please feel free to add your own commentary.
+ 
+   [ ] Initial setup (name clearance approval pending)
+   [X] Working towards first release
+   [X] Community building
+   [ ] Nearing graduation
+   [ ] Other:
+ 
+ Date of last release:
+ 
+   None yet
+ 
+ When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
+ 
+   None yet
+ 
+ Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
+ through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
+ that need to be addressed.
+ 
+   Yes.
+ 
+ Signed-off-by:
+ 
+   [X](iceberg) Ryan Blue
+      Comments: I wrote the first pass of the report.
+   [ ](iceberg) Julien Le Dem
+      Comments:
+   [X](iceberg) Owen O'Malley
+      Comments: (Approval copied from +1 on dev list)
+   [ ](iceberg) James Taylor
+      Comments:
+   [ ](iceberg) Carl Steinbach
+      Comments:
  
  --------------------
  IoTDB
@@ -845, +951 @@

  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
    - 4 new contributors joined the community: review and modify the English
-   documents, add Apache Calcite adaptor demo, and discuss in the mailing list.
+   documents, add Apache Calcite adaptor demo, and discuss in the mailing 
+   list.
    - Mailing list:
     -- dev@mailing list: 59 emails are sent, and can be divided into 18
     threads (Apache Jenkins Pipeline notifications are exclude)
@@ -899, +1006 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- Christofer Dutz: Allmost no discussions on list, requested the podling to move discussions
to the dev list.
+   Christofer Dutz: Allmost no discussions on list, requested the podling to 
+   move discussions to the dev list.
- Dave Fisher: It looks like Christofer's request is successful so far. No discussion yet
if any contributors
+   Dave Fisher: It looks like Christofer's request is successful so far. No 
-              are looking like good committers/PPMC members.
+   discussion yet if any contributors are looking like good committers/PPMC
+   members.
  
  --------------------
  Marvin-AI
@@ -973, +1082 @@

  Myriad
  
  Myriad enables co-existence of Apache Hadoop YARN and Apache Mesos together
- on the same cluster and allows dynamic resource allocations across both Hadoop
+ on the same cluster and allows dynamic resource allocations across both 
+ Hadoop
  and other applications running on the same physical data center
  infrastructure.
  
@@ -1029, +1139 @@

  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
-   We have only one active mentor, so we have new mentors as soon as possible,
+   We have only one active mentor, so we have new mentors as soon as 
-   this is one of the our main issues, we need help.
+   possible, this is one of the our main issues, we need help.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1107, +1217 @@

  
    [X](nemo) Davor Bonaci
       Comments: Good progress; nothing to add. Focus on community building
- needed going forward.
+      needed going forward.
    [X](nemo) Hyunsik Choi
       Comments:
    [X](nemo) Byung-Gon Chun
@@ -1123, +1233 @@

  Omid
  
  Omid is a flexible, reliable, high performant and scalable ACID
- transactional framework that allows client applications to execute transactions
+ transactional framework that allows client applications to execute 
+ transactions
- on top of MVCC key/value-based NoSQL datastores (currently Apache HBase) providing
+ on top of MVCC key/value-based NoSQL datastores (currently Apache HBase) 
+ providing
  Snapshot Isolation guarantees on the accessed data.
  
  Omid has been incubating since 2016-03-28.
@@ -1132, +1244 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Optimise Omid for the integration with Apache Phoenix.
-   2. Document additional features added for the integration with Apache Phoenix, as well
as, the low latency algorithm.
+   2. Document additional features added for the integration with Apache 
+   Phoenix, as well as, the low latency algorithm.
    3. Get positive feedback from other projects currently in Apache.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
@@ -1140, +1253 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- Integration with Apache Phoenix was over, we are currently working on optimisation.
+   Integration with Apache Phoenix was over, we are currently working on 
+   optimisation.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   1. Release 1.0.0 was published and includes all the Phoenix required features.
+   1. Release 1.0.0 was published and includes all the Phoenix required 
+   features.
-   2. The Apache Phoenix code that uses Omid was committed and currently Omid serves as Phoenix
transaction processor.
+   2. The Apache Phoenix code that uses Omid was committed and currently 
-   3. We are currently working on a minor release in Omid, 1.0.1, that includes optimization
to Omid that inferred from the integration with Phoenix.
-      These features mostly improve the performance of Omid, however, some are bug fixes
that revealed by the integration with Phoenix while pushing Omid to its corner cases.
+   Omid serves as Phoenix transaction processor.
+   3. We are currently working on a minor release in Omid, 1.0.1, that 
+   includes optimization to Omid that inferred from the integration with 
+   Phoenix.
+   These features mostly improve the performance of Omid, however, some 
+   are bug fixes that revealed by the integration with Phoenix while pushing 
+   Omid to its corner cases.
-      We will start the release process in a few days. Jiras 124 - 135 will be part of the
release.
+   We will start the release process in a few days. Jiras 124 - 135 will 
+   be part of the release.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
- 
  
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
@@ -1163, +1283 @@

  
  Date of last release:
  
-  2018-12-24
+   2018-12-24
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
-  2018-09-25
+   2018-09-25
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- Our mentors are extremely responsive and helpful.
+   Our mentors are extremely responsive and helpful.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    [X](omid) Alan Gates
-      Comments:  I don't see any of the issues listed under "Three most important issues
to address in the move towards graduation" as blockers for graduation.  The community has
done multiple releases and added one committer.  Development is slow but consistent.  I do
not believe the community has done a name search yet to make sure Omid is acceptable.  AFAIK
that is the only blocker for graduation.  I've given this feedback to the community.
+      Comments:  I don't see any of the issues listed under "Three most 
+   important issues to address in the move towards graduation" as blockers for 
+   graduation.  The community has done multiple releases and added one 
+   committer.  Development is slow but consistent.  I do not believe the 
+   community has done a name search yet to make sure Omid is acceptable.  
+   AFAIK that is the only blocker for graduation.  I've given this feedback to 
+   the community.
    [X](omid) James Taylor
       Comments:
  
@@ -1323, +1449 @@

  
  Signed-off-by:
  
- [ ] (openwhisk) Bertrand Delacretaz
+   [ ] (openwhisk) Bertrand Delacretaz
  
  Comments:
  
@@ -1342, +1468 @@

    1. Improving documentation
    2. Cutting a release
    3. Building community contribution
- 
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
@@ -1414, +1539 @@

  Pony Mail
  
  Pony Mail is a mail-archiving, archive viewing, and interaction service,
- that
- can be integrated with many email platforms.
+ that can be integrated with many email platforms.
  
  Pony Mail has been incubating since 2016-05-27.
  
@@ -1429, +1553 @@

  aware of?
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
- - No noteworthy development.
+   - No noteworthy development.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
- - Nothing noteworthy here either
+   - Nothing noteworthy here either
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1488, +1612 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-  *  Mailing list activity (September 2018 - November 2018):
+   *  Mailing list activity (September 2018 - November 2018):
      * @dev: 8 messages
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
@@ -1602, +1726 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Release version 2.0 which was scheduled in Dec 2018 but has been delayed
+   1. Release version 2.0 which was scheduled in Dec 2018 but has been 
+ delayed
    2. Start the graduation process in about 2-3 month
    3.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- N/A
+   N/A
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- We have a new PPMC member, Moaz, who was a committer.
+   We have a new PPMC member, Moaz, who was a committer.
- We have a new committer, Wanqi Xue.
+   We have a new committer, Wanqi Xue.
  
    Number of emails from Sep to Dec.
    56 Dec 2018
@@ -1624, +1749 @@

  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- We have done the name search for "Apache Singa"
+   We have done the name search for "Apache Singa"
- We enhanced Singa's performance on Intel CPU by calling Intel's MKLDNN library.  
+   We enhanced Singa's performance on Intel CPU by calling Intel's MKLDNN 
+   library.  
- We have updated the website and documentation to include the instructions for "How to prepare
a release".
+   We have updated the website and documentation to include the instructions 
- 
+   for "How to prepare a release".
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1660, +1786 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- One key question for the project is to determine how dependent the project is on a single
group of contributors. This is a key community resilience factor and should be addressed by
the project. This isn't a graduation preventer ... it is, however, very important to solve.
+   Alan Gates: One key question for the project is to determine how dependent the
+   project is on a single group of contributors. This is a key community resilience 
+   factor and should be addressed by the project. This isn't a graduation 
+   preventer ... it is, however, very important to solve.
  
  --------------------
  SkyWalking
@@ -1765, +1894 @@

       Comments: I think skywalking is in a good sharp of graduation by
       getting more and more developer involved.
    [X](skywalking) Mick Semb Wever
-      Comments: Updated the "Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation"
section, as it had been misread, and the list had become an accumulation of resolved items.
+      Comments: Updated the "Three most important issues to address in the 
+   move towards graduation" section, as it had been misread, and the list had 
+   become an accumulation of resolved items.
    [X](skywalking) Ignasi Barrera
       Comments:
  
@@ -1780, +1911 @@

  Superset has been incubating since 2017-05-21.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
- 1. Plan and execute our first Apache release. Since the last report, we have removed  all
questionable third party code from the repo, which was a major blocker for the source code
release, and are ready to begin the work on the first code release. 
+   1. Plan and execute our first Apache release. Since the last report, we 
+   have removed  all questionable third party code from the repo, which was a 
+   major blocker for the source code release, and are ready to begin the work 
+   on the first code release. 
- 2. Address remaining project operations issues. See below.
+   2. Address remaining project operations issues. See below.
  
- Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMS) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMS) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware 
+ of?
- For project operations, we have made the following progress and need the following support:
+   For project operations, we have made the following progress and need the 
- * Held a meeting on December 13 with Mentors, PMC, and Committers to learn more about the
Apache way and clarified ways of contributing and collaborating that would uphold the principles.
The notes from this meeting were shared on the dev list. 
+   following support:
+   * Held a meeting on December 13 with Mentors, PMC, and Committers to learn 
+   more about the Apache way and clarified ways of contributing and 
+   collaborating that would uphold the principles. The notes from this meeting 
+   were shared on the dev list. 
- * No more unapproved releases. We are working towards our first official release; see above.

+   * No more unapproved releases. We are working towards our first official 
- * Trademark: We continue to have challenges here. Our attempts to complete this task has
been unsuccessful and we would appreciate more specific guidance. 
+   release; see above. 
+   * Trademark: We continue to have challenges here. Our attempts to complete 
+   this task has been unsuccessful and we would appreciate more specific 
+   guidance. 
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
- * Organic growth of our Github contributors (306->343), forks (3974->4300), watchers
+   * Organic growth of our Github contributors (306->343), forks (3974->4300), 
-   (1157->1170) and stars (22,097->23,326)
+   watchers (1157->1170) and stars (22,097->23,326)
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
- * Added Christine Chambers as a new committer
+   * Added Christine Chambers as a new committer
- * In general, there has been a healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements
and new features. Please see project’s commit log on Github for more details. Some highlights:
+   * In general, there has been a healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality 
+   improvements and new features. Please see project’s commit log on Github 
+   for more details. Some highlights:
  
- New features
+   New features
- * Refined layout of SQL Lab.
+   * Refined layout of SQL Lab.
- * Added back-end for tagging system, for organization and discovery of content.
+   * Added back-end for tagging system, for organization and discovery of 
+   content.
- * Added support for customization of deployments: feature flags, custom logo. 
+   * Added support for customization of deployments: feature flags, custom 
+   logo. 
- * Decoupled visualizations as plugins that can be added/removed. 
+   * Decoupled visualizations as plugins that can be added/removed. 
- * Omnibar on dashboard page, to enable users to easily switch between dashboards.
+   * Omnibar on dashboard page, to enable users to easily switch between 
+   dashboards.
- * New deck.gl polygon visualization type that accommodates aggregated spatial types (zip,
geohash, etc.)
+   * New deck.gl polygon visualization type that accommodates aggregated 
+   spatial types (zip, geohash, etc.)
  
- Bug fixes, code quality and housekeeping
+   Bug fixes, code quality and housekeeping
- * All files now include ASF header.
+   * All files now include ASF header.
- * A lighter, more accurate events logger for user interactivities with timing.
+   * A lighter, more accurate events logger for user interactivities with 
+   timing.
- * More translations were added.
+   * More translations were added.
- * Sped up build time and tests on Travis CI.
+   * Sped up build time and tests on Travis CI.
- * Fixed vulnerabilities from dependencies. 
+   * Fixed vulnerabilities from dependencies. 
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
- [ ] Initial setup
+   [ ] Initial setup
- [X] Working towards first release
+   [X] Working towards first release
- [ ] Community building
+   [ ] Community building
- [ ] Nearing graduation
+   [ ] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:
+   [ ] Other:
  
+ Date of last release:
- Date of last release: No official release yet since being voted into Apache
+   No official release yet since being voted into Apache
- Incubation.  (Planning for the first Apache release in Q2, 2019)
+   Incubation.  (Planning for the first Apache release in Q2, 2019)
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- * Christine Chambers - Committer (2019-01-06)
+   * Christine Chambers - Committer (2019-01-06)
  
  Signed-off-by:
- [ ](superset) Ashutosh Chauhan
+   [ ](superset) Ashutosh Chauhan
      Comments:
- [ ](superset) Luke Han
+   [ ](superset) Luke Han
      Comments:
- [X](superset) Alan Gates
+   [X](superset) Alan Gates
-     Comments:  Sent email to dev list following up on the request for help with trademark
issues.  I have been impressed over the last 3 months with the renewed effort this community
is putting into learning and adopting the Apache Way.
- 
+     Comments:  Sent email to dev list following up on the request for help 
+   with trademark issues.  I have been impressed over the last 3 months with 
+   the renewed effort this community is putting into learning and adopting the 
+   Apache Way.
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
@@ -1896, +2048 @@

  
    * As the project needs a wider audience, maybe mentors with interest in
    Tamaya would be welcome.
-   * Current mentors did not sign-off the report in February and did not react on mails :-(
+   * Current mentors did not sign-off the report in February and did not 
+   react on mails :-(
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    [X](tamaya) John D. Ament
-      Comments: Podling is continuing to struggle.  I strongly disagree with the notion that
this project is ready to graduate or nearing readiness.  It has not executed a release in
2 years, Development activity has definitely increased in the past few months, and with the
addition of 2 new committers may see more sustained progress, but we need to ensure that this
vitality continues on.
+      Comments: Podling is continuing to struggle.  I strongly disagree with 
+   the notion that this project is ready to graduate or nearing readiness.  It 
+   has not executed a release in 2 years, Development activity has definitely 
+   increased in the past few months, and with the addition of 2 new committers 
+   may see more sustained progress, but we need to ensure that this vitality 
+   continues on.
    [ ](tamaya) David Blevins
       Comments:
  
@@ -1923, +2081 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- - None at this time.
+   - None at this time.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- - 1 new JIRA filed since the last report
+   - 1 new JIRA filed since the last report
- - 1 new bug created since the last report
+   - 1 new bug created since the last report
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- - Working on 0.16.0-incubating release
+   - Working on 0.16.0-incubating release
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1949, +2107 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- - None since coming to incubation
+   - None since coming to incubation
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- - Mentors are helpful and responsive
+   - Mentors are helpful and responsive
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1969, +2127 @@

  --------------------
  Training
  
- The Training project aims to develop resources which can be used for training
+ The Training project aims to develop resources which can be used for 
- purposes in various media formats, languages and for various Apache and
+ training purposes in various media formats, languages and for various Apache
- non-Apache target projects.
+ and non-Apache target projects.
  
  Training has been incubating since 2019-02-21.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Agree upon underlying technology stack and architecture for training content
+   1. Agree upon underlying technology stack and architecture for training 
+   content
    2. Develop first training topic contents
    3. Set up our contribution process
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- - no critical issues at this point in time
+   - no critical issues at this point in time
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- - The project has been set up recently, so there is an initial
+   - The project has been set up recently, so there is an initial
- activation/development towards a community.
+   activation/development towards a community.
- - The dev mailing list is active. Total number of posts in February were 112
+   - The dev mailing list is active. Total number of posts in February were 112
- and in March so far (5 March) already 50. Total number of
+   and in March so far (5 March) already 50. Total number of
- subscribers is 25.
+   subscribers is 25.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- - This is our first report
+   - This is our first report
  
- - The scope of the project deliverables,
+   - The scope of the project deliverables,
- core procedures, details regarding website,
+   core procedures, details regarding website,
- and code management are under discussion.
+   and code management are under discussion.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -2033, +2192 @@

       Comments:
    [X](training) Lars Francke
       Comments:
- 
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
@@ -2058, +2216 @@

  
    The first release was very challenging. The Zipkin community found The
    Apache Incubator established practices to be somewhat hostile and
-   unwelcoming for the newcomers. The community felt frustration and demotivation
+   unwelcoming for the newcomers. The community felt frustration and 
-   to the the point that the issues had been raised for the attention of the board.
+   demotivation to the the point that the issues had been raised for the
+   attention of the board.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
@@ -2071, +2230 @@

  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
    The team has mastered the Apache CI/CD infrastructure and was able to
-   quickly do the switch over for the first migrated repository. Also, the team
+   quickly do the switch over for the first migrated repository. Also, the 
-   better understands how the incubation process works and what to watch for.
+   team better understands how the incubation process works and what to
+   watch for.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -2110, +2270 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
  --------------------
- Iceberg
- 
- Iceberg is a table format for large, slow-moving tabular data.
- 
- Iceberg has been incubating since 2018-11-16.
- 
- Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
- 
-   1. Update build for Apache release, add LICENSE/NOTICE to Jars.
-   2. Make the first Apache release.
- (https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/milestone/1)
-   3. Grow the Iceberg community
- 
- Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
- aware of?
- 
-   * No issues that require attention.
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
-   * The community has continued to receive new contributors
-   * Several contributors are reliable helping review pull requests. Because of
-     these review contributions and the small number of committers, the
-     community voted to relax the RTC requirements and allow committers to push
-     their own changes if the community has reviewed the PR. This helps develop
-     reviewers and gets changes in faster. The vote also set reasonable limits
-     for this practice: PRs must be up for at least 2 days and this is only for
-     the first year, while we are working with a small set of committers.
-   * 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
- 
-   * Podling name search concluded that Iceberg is a suitable name.
-     (See PODLINGNAMESEARCH-163)
-   * The community voted to accept a large PR with a Python implementation.
-   * Contributors are fixing important predicate push-down issues, including
-     case sensitivity, filtering on nested types, missing file metrics, etc.
-   * Contributors added support for plugging in file stream encryption.
- 
- How would you assess the podling's maturity?
- Please feel free to add your own commentary.
- 
-   [ ] Initial setup (name clearance approval pending)
-   [X] Working towards first release
-   [X] Community building
-   [ ] Nearing graduation
-   [ ] Other:
- 
- Date of last release:
- 
-   None yet
- 
- When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- 
-   None yet
- 
- Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
- through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
- that need to be addressed.
- 
-   Yes.
- 
- Signed-off-by:
- 
-   [X](iceberg) Ryan Blue
-      Comments: I wrote the first pass of the report.
-   [ ](iceberg) Julien Le Dem
-      Comments:
-   [X](iceberg) Owen O'Malley
-      Comments: (Approval copied from +1 on dev list)
-   [ ](iceberg) James Taylor
-      Comments:
-   [ ](iceberg) Carl Steinbach
-      Comments:
- 
  }}}
  


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cvs-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cvs-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message