incubator-cvs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Incubator Wiki] Update of "December2018" by Justin Mclean
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2018 03:14:41 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "December2018" page has been changed by Justin Mclean:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2018?action=diff&rev1=65&rev2=66

Comment:
reflow text

  ||Tue December 11 ||Mentor signoff due by end of day ||
  ||Wed December 12 ||Report submitted to Board ||
  ||Wed December 19 ||Board meeting ||
- 
  
  === Shepherd Assignments ===
  ||Dave Fisher ||Druid ||
@@ -48, +47 @@

  
    New IPMC members:
  
- 
- 
    People who left the IPMC:
  
- 
- 
  * New Podlings
  
- 
- 
  * Podlings that failed to report, expected next month
- 
- 
  
  * Graduations
  
@@ -74, +65 @@

    The following releases entered distribution during the month of
    November:
  
- 
  * IP Clearance
  
- 
- 
  * Legal / Trademarks
  
- 
- 
  * Infrastructure
  
- 
- 
  * Miscellaneous
- 
- 
  
  * Credits
  
@@ -140, +122 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- 
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -164, +141 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Crail
@@ -246, +219 @@

    [x](crail) Felix Cheung
       Comments: (signing up as mentor)
  
- 
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Daffodil
@@ -325, +295 @@

    [ ](daffodil) John D. Ament
       Comments:
    [X](daffodil) David Fisher
-      Comments: I'm seeing good user discussions about features and how to use Daffodil. I'd like to see more on how to develop.
+      Comments: I'm seeing good user discussions about features and how to 
+      use Daffodil. I'd like to see more on how to develop.
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  DLab
@@ -348, +317 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- 
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -372, +336 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -388, +350 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Druid
@@ -404, +364 @@

    2. Move the website to Apache infrastructure
    3. Continue to grow the community
  
- 
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- None.
+   None.
  
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- The Druid community has invited 10 active members from 7 different organizations to participate as new committers. All 10 invitees have accepted the invitation.
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+   The Druid community has invited 10 active members from 7 different 
+   organizations to participate as new committers. All 10 invitees have 
+   accepted the invitation.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
- - Since the last report, we have had a total of 195 commits from 42 contributors
+   - Since the last report, we have had a total of 195 commits from 42 
+   contributors
- - We have released 0.12.3, a non-incubator bugfix release
+   - We have released 0.12.3, a non-incubator bugfix release
- - We have code frozen a 0.13.0 branch and are currently voting on final release artifacts
+   - We have code frozen a 0.13.0 branch and are currently voting on final 
+   release artifacts
- - We have started work on moving the project pages from druid.io to druid.apache.org
+   - We have started work on moving the project pages from druid.io to 
- 
+   druid.apache.org
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -433, +394 @@

    [ ] Nearing graduation
    [ ] Other:
  
- 
  Date of last release:
  
- - Druid 0.12.3 (non-Apache) was released on 2018-09-18.
+   - Druid 0.12.3 (non-Apache) was released on 2018-09-18.
- - Druid 0.13.0-incubating has been proposed and is currently in the voting phase
+   - Druid 0.13.0-incubating has been proposed and is currently in the voting 
+   phase
  
- 
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- The Druid PPMC elected 10 new committers to the project on November 20, 2018.
+   The Druid PPMC elected 10 new committers to the project on November 20, 
+   2018.
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- They have been very helpful.
+   They have been very helpful.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    [x](druid) Julian Hyde
       Comments: It's taken a few iterations, but the first release looks like
         it's just about to pass the vote. This was their biggest hurdle. They
-        mastered Apache governance a long while ago, and have built community.
+        mastered Apache governance a long while ago, and have built 
+        community.
         I'm not concerned about the weekly sync up meetings as long as they
         continue to send out minutes and make decisions on the dev list.
         After one more release this project should consider graduation.
@@ -468, +428 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
-      Dave Fisher: I'm somewhat concerned that the podling uses weekly sync up meetings.
+      Dave Fisher: I'm somewhat concerned that the podling uses weekly sync 
+      up meetings.
-           I am happy to see that Julian is gently steering them to use dev@ for decisions.
+      I am happy to see that Julian is gently steering them to use dev@ 
+      for decisions.
-           They have made non-Apache releases, but are now on rc4 of an Apache release.
+      They have made non-Apache releases, but are now on rc4 of an 
- 
+      Apache release.
  
  --------------------
  Dubbo
@@ -482, +444 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Ensure more discussion and decision making to be happening on the mailing list.
+   1. Ensure more discussion and decision making to be happening on the 
+   mailing list.
    2. Release 2.7.0, the first release after package renaming.
    3. Transfer more qualified external Dubbo ecosystem projects into Apache.
    4. Add more committers and PPMC members.
- 
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
@@ -509, +471 @@

      * number of stars has grown from 21126 to 22796.
      * contributors has been grown from 119 to 144.
      * number of forks has grown from 14625 to 15761.
-   * 14 new companies reported their using of Dubbo since last report, 118 in total
+   * 14 new companies reported their using of Dubbo since last report, 118 
+   in total
-   * Hangzhou Meetup was held on 2018-06-23: Online registration 500+, on-site registration: 250
+   * Hangzhou Meetup was held on 2018-06-23: Online registration 500+, 
-   * Start transferring dubbo-samples project from external Dubbo ecosystem into Apache, IP clearance process has been completed, SGA from Alibaba has been submitted.
-   * The following projects has been added to external Apache Dubbo ecosystem(http://github.com/dubbo, non-Apache repositories):
+   on-site registration: 250
+   * Start transferring dubbo-samples project from external Dubbo ecosystem 
+   into Apache, IP clearance process has been completed, SGA from Alibaba has 
+   been submitted.
+   * The following projects has been added to external Apache Dubbo 
+   ecosystem(http://github.com/dubbo, non-Apache repositories):
      * dubbo-registry-nacos
      * dubbo-benchmark
      * egg-dubbo-rpc
      * dubbo-remoting-js
-     These projects are being watched by Apache Dubbo PPMC and are planning be moved to Apache once they meet the quality requirement.
+     These projects are being watched by Apache Dubbo PPMC and are planning 
+     be moved to Apache once they meet the quality requirement.
-   * Dubbo has ranked Top 3 of most popular open source project in China in 2018.  https://www.oschina.net/project/top_cn_2018
+   * Dubbo has ranked Top 3 of most popular open source project in China in 
+   2018.  https://www.oschina.net/project/top_cn_2018
  
-   Since last report, the communities has welcomed 6 new committers and 2 new PPMC members. Comparing to last quarter, when we have 4 new committers and no new PPMC members. The number of contributors have grown from 119 to 144.
+   Since last report, the communities has welcomed 6 new committers and 2 
+   new PPMC members. Comparing to last quarter, when we have 4 new committers 
+   and no new PPMC members. The number of contributors have grown from 119 to 
+   144.
  
-   The following events have played key parts of helping the community to grow:
+   The following events have played key parts of helping the community to 
-   0. Ian Luo and Jun Liu have delivered a a talk "Introducing Apache Dubbo(Incubating): What is Dubbo and How it Works" in ApacheCon Montreal.
-   1. With a discussion with mentors in ApacheCon Montreal, the Dubbo community and learned a lot about how to build the community. One key takeaway is that to keep the bar for becoming a committer low.
+   grow:
+   0. Ian Luo and Jun Liu have delivered a a talk "Introducing Apache 
+   Dubbo(Incubating): What is Dubbo and How it Works" in ApacheCon Montreal.
+   1. With a discussion with mentors in ApacheCon Montreal, the Dubbo 
+   community and learned a lot about how to build the community. One key 
+   takeaway is that to keep the bar for becoming a committer low.
    2. Dave Fisher has becoming our new mentor.
    3. Apache project meetup in ShangHai has been held in Oct 13th
-   4. Our mentor Justin has visited Alibaba, and give a talk on navigating through the incubator process
+   4. Our mentor Justin has visited Alibaba, and give a talk on navigating 
-   5. COSCon'18 has been held in Shenzhen, China, where Craig L.Russell, Dave Fisher, and Justin have delivered a lot of wonderful talks about ASF.
+   through the incubator process
+   5. COSCon'18 has been held in Shenzhen, China, where Craig L.Russell, 
+   Dave Fisher, and Justin have delivered a lot of wonderful talks about ASF.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
    * Dubbo 2.6.4 is released on 2018-10-8
    * Dubbo 2.6.5 is released on 2018-11-23
-   * Dubbo 2.7.0 is under development, a major feature called separation of config metadata and registry metadata has almost been completed.
+   * Dubbo 2.7.0 is under development, a major feature called separation of 
+   config metadata and registry metadata has almost been completed.
-   * New features of Dubbo-ops, e.g. complete support of service governance for 2.6, and support for 2.7 has been added.
+   * New features of Dubbo-ops, e.g. complete support of service governance 
+   for 2.6, and support for 2.7 has been added.
    * Mailing list stats:
        * 2018-09-01~2018-11-31: 663 emails, 68 participants, 118 topics
        * 2018-06-01~2018-08-31 : 680 emails, 85 participants, 128 topics
@@ -542, +522 @@

        * 2018-09-01~2018-11-31: 182 issues closed,  190 pr closed
        * 2018-06-01~2018-08-31 : 200 issues closed, 287 pr closed
  
- 
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
@@ -564, +543 @@

  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
-   Mentors have been very helpful to guide the Dubbo community through Apache way.
+   Mentors have been very helpful to guide the Dubbo community through 
- 
+   Apache way.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -577, +556 @@

       Comments: Busy project.
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Hivemall
@@ -611, +588 @@

    * Prepared the second Apache release, v0.5.2. 
      Now voting started at general@i.a.o on Nov 27th.
      
- 	https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201811.mbox/%3CCAGJoAU%3D-aweJkZuP-%3DKp6XPjfAC%3Dv4Si%2B3mbx4L-4is_jTB_yg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
+ 	
+ https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201811.mbox/%3CC
+ AGJoAU%3D-aweJkZuP-%3DKp6XPjfAC%3Dv4Si%2B3mbx4L-4is_jTB_yg%40mail.gmail.com%
+ 3E
  	
    Since the last report, we have
     * In the last 3 months, we opened 13 JIRA issues and closed 17 JIRA
@@ -622, +602 @@

               Nov 2018     7         6
     * Created 14 Pull Requests and closed 12 Pull Requests between Sept 1st
      and Nov 27th.
- 
+  
-     https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20created%3A201
+   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20created%3A201
  8-09-01..2018-11-27
+     
-     https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20closed%3A2018
+   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20closed%3A2018
  -09-01..2018-11-27
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
@@ -658, +639 @@

    [ ](hivemall) Daniel Dai
       Comments:
    [x](hivemall) Koji Sekiguchi
-      Comments: We're under the new release vote now. I met Makoto Yui in person in Tokyo
+      Comments: We're under the new release vote now. I met Makoto Yui in 
+      person in Tokyo
- few days ago and I could find his comprehension of Apache way is great! He leads the development
+      few days ago and I could find his comprehension of Apache way is great! He 
- team very well.
+      leads the development team very well.
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Iceberg
@@ -697, +677 @@

  
    This is the first report.
    Both the software grant and trademark agreements have been submitted.
-   Code has been imported and updated to use the ASF license header. LICENSE and NOTICE files have been updated to comply with ASF policy.
+   Code has been imported and updated to use the ASF license header. LICENSE 
+   and NOTICE files have been updated to comply with ASF policy.
    Podling website is up at https://iceberg.apache.org.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
@@ -738, +719 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  IoTDB
  
@@ -761, +740 @@

  None
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
-  * The mail lists have been established.
+   * The mail lists have been established.
-  *  6 subjects are discussed in dev mail list. There are 28 replies
+   *  6 subjects are discussed in dev mail list. There are 28 replies
- totally.
+   totally.
-  *  Attract a contributor from Apache Calcite.
+   *  Attract a contributor from Apache Calcite.
  
- 
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-  * The initial committers are working for merging all existing PRs, so
+   * The initial committers are working for merging all existing PRs, so
- that we can migrate the source code to Apache code repository easily (16 pr
+   that we can migrate the source code to Apache code repository easily (16 pr
- are merged)
+   are merged)
-  *  The initial committers are translating the user manual from Chinese to
+   *  The initial committers are translating the user manual from Chinese to
- English Version. (3/7 chapters are finished)
+   English Version. (3/7 chapters are finished)
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  
- newborn
+   newborn
  
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
@@ -792, +770 @@

    N/A
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- 
+  
-  N/A
+   N/A
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
-  The mentors give the project and committers much help and it is responsive.
+   The mentors give the project and committers much help and it is responsive.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
    
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Marvin-AI
  
  Marvin-AI is an open-source artificial intelligence (AI) platform that helps
  data scientists, prototype and productionalize complex solutions with a
- scalable, low-latency, language-agnostic, and standardized architecture while
+ scalable, low-latency, language-agnostic, and standardized architecture 
- simplifies the process of exploration and modeling.
+ while simplifies the process of exploration and modeling.
  
  Marvin-AI has been incubating since 2018-08-21.
  
@@ -828, +804 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- 
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -852, +823 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -869, +838 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  Myriad
  
- Myriad enables co-existence of Apache Hadoop YARN and Apache Mesos together on
+ Myriad enables co-existence of Apache Hadoop YARN and Apache Mesos together 
- the same cluster and allows dynamic resource allocations across both Hadoop
+ on the same cluster and allows dynamic resource allocations across both Hadoop
  and other applications running on the same physical data center
  infrastructure.
  
@@ -890, +857 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
-  A new release is coming, the community is engaged in the process of creating
+   A new release is coming, the community is engaged in the process of 
+   creating
-  versions every quarter. The new PPMCs are beginners creating releases in the
+   versions every quarter. The new PPMCs are beginners creating releases in 
-  Apache way, and probably they will need some kind of assistance from the 
+   the Apache way, and probably they will need some kind of assistance from the 
-  mentor side.
+   mentor side.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-  An increment of activity and newcomers with a desire to contribute, in 
+   An increment of activity and newcomers with a desire to contribute, in 
-  particular in the scope of the user interface, one of our main goals.
+   particular in the scope of the user interface, one of our main goals.
  
- 
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-  One of our main issues was solved (MYRIAD-264: Upgrade Mesos API to 1.5.x)
+   One of our main issues was solved (MYRIAD-264: Upgrade Mesos API to 1.5.x)
-  so a new version can be unlocked
+   so a new version can be unlocked
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -917, +884 @@

  
  Date of last release:
  
-   The 0.2.0 release was issued on Jun 29, 2016.  The 0.3.0 release is planned for the next days.
+   The 0.2.0 release was issued on Jun 29, 2016.  The 0.3.0 release is 
+   planned for the next days.
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 2018-05-22 New committer/PMC member Juan P. Gilaberte.
+   2018-05-22 New committer/PMC member Juan P. Gilaberte.
- 2018-03-28 New committer/PMC member Javi Roman.
+   2018-03-28 New committer/PMC member Javi Roman.
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
-  Yes, really helpful. In particular Ted Dunning was really helpful in
+   Yes, really helpful. In particular Ted Dunning was really helpful in
-  the assistance of advice and guidelines.
+   the assistance of advice and guidelines.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -941, +908 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  Nemo
  
- Nemo is a data processing system to flexibly control the runtime behaviors of
+ Nemo is a data processing system to flexibly control the runtime behaviors 
- a job to adapt to varying deployment characteristics.
+ of a job to adapt to varying deployment characteristics.
  
  Nemo has been incubating since 2018-02-04.
  
@@ -1004, +969 @@

  Signed-off-by:
  
    [X](nemo) Davor Bonaci
-      Comments: the podling is doing really well; first release to come shortly.
+      Comments: the podling is doing really well; first release to come 
+ shortly.
    [ ](nemo) Hyunsik Choi
       Comments:
    [X](nemo) Byung-Gon Chun
@@ -1016, +982 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  Omid
  
- Omid is a flexible, reliable, high performant and scalable ACID transactional
+ Omid is a flexible, reliable, high performant and scalable ACID 
+ transactional
  framework that allows client applications to execute transactions on top of
  MVCC key/value-based NoSQL datastores (currently Apache HBase) providing
  Snapshot Isolation guarantees on the accessed data.
@@ -1030, +995 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Finish integration with Apache Phoenix – Omid side was implemented and released.
+   1. Finish integration with Apache Phoenix – Omid side was implemented and 
+   released.
-   2. Document additional features added for the integration with Apache Phoenix, as well as, the low latency algorithm.
+   2. Document additional features added for the integration with Apache 
+   Phoenix, as well as, the low latency algorithm.
    3. Get positive feedback from other projects currently in Apache.
   
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- N/A
+   N/A
  
- 
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- New committer, Yonatan Gottesman, was added to Omid’s community. Yonatan is very active and contributed to the integration with Phoenix. 
+   New committer, Yonatan Gottesman, was added to Omid’s community. Yonatan is 
+   very active and contributed to the integration with Phoenix. 
- Moreover, Yonattan implemented the low latency version of Omid which is currently part of release 1.0.0.
+   Moreover, Yonattan implemented the low latency version of Omid which is 
+   currently part of release 1.0.0.
- Integration with Apache Phoenix will be ready in a few days, early December.
+   Integration with Apache Phoenix will be ready in a few days, early December.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- The vote for major release 1.0.0 passed successfully in the incubator general list. This release includes all the Phoenix required features. 
+   The vote for major release 1.0.0 passed successfully in the incubator 
+   general list. This release includes all the Phoenix required features. 
- The release is currently being deployed to Nexus and a formal announcement of the release will be send shortly.
+   The release is currently being deployed to Nexus and a formal announcement 
- Omid and Apache Phoenix integration is at its final stage. Omid release 1.0.0 includes all Phoenix required features, therefore, from the Omid side, the integration with Phoenix is over. 
+   of the release will be send shortly.
+   Omid and Apache Phoenix integration is at its final stage. Omid release 
+   1.0.0 includes all Phoenix required features, therefore, from the Omid 
+   side, the integration with Phoenix is over. 
- The Phoenix code is also ready and currently located in a feature branch that will be merged in a few days.
+   The Phoenix code is also ready and currently located in a feature branch 
+   that will be merged in a few days.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1074, +1047 @@

  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- Our mentors are very helpful and responsive. We appreciate their help.
+   Our mentors are very helpful and responsive. We appreciate their help.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1084, +1057 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  OpenWhisk
@@ -1103, +1074 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- 
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1127, +1093 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1141, +1105 @@

       Comments: No report provided
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Pinot
@@ -1161, +1123 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- 
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1185, +1142 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1206, +1161 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  Pony Mail
  
- Pony Mail is a mail-archiving, archive viewing, and interaction service, that
+ Pony Mail is a mail-archiving, archive viewing, and interaction service, 
- can be integrated with many email platforms.
+ that can be integrated with many email platforms.
  
  Pony Mail has been incubating since 2016-05-27.
  
@@ -1225, +1178 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- Nothing of note
+   Nothing of note
  
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- It's been very quiet. We have sufficient oversight, but the project has not seen much new development.
- There are outstanding bug reports, but to the best of my knowledge, no vulnerabilities exist.
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+   It's been very quiet. We have sufficient oversight, but the project has not 
+   seen much new development.
+   There are outstanding bug reports, but to the best of my knowledge, no 
+   vulnerabilities exist.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
- No noteworthy development since last report.
+   No noteworthy development since last report.
- 
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1253, +1206 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- No new committers since last report.
+   No new committers since last report.
- Sharan Foga has joined as a mentor in August 2018.
+   Sharan Foga has joined as a mentor in August 2018.
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1270, +1221 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  SAMOA
  
  SAMOA provides a collection of distributed streaming algorithms for the most
  common data mining and machine learning tasks such as classification,
- clustering, and regression, as well as programming abstractions to develop new
+ clustering, and regression, as well as programming abstractions to develop 
+ new
  algorithms that run on top of distributed stream processing engines (DSPEs).
  It features a pluggable architecture that allows it to run on several DSPEs
  such as Apache Storm, Apache S4, and Apache Samza.
@@ -1293, +1243 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- None
+   None
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
@@ -1315, +1265 @@

  
  Date of last release:
  
- 2016-09-30
+   2016-09-30
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- January 2018
+   January 2018
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- Yes, the mentors have been helpful and responsive.
+   Yes, the mentors have been helpful and responsive.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1334, +1284 @@

    [ ](samoa) Ashutosh Chauhan
       Comments:
  
- 
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  ShardingSphere
@@ -1358, +1305 @@

  aware of?
  
    None.
- 
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
@@ -1383, +1329 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
-   1. Waiting for response from INFRA to move codebase to Apache. JIRA ticket url: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/INFRA/issues/INFRA-17289
- 
+   1. Waiting for response from INFRA to move codebase to Apache. JIRA 
+   ticket url: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/INFRA/issues/INFRA-17289
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1404, +1349 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  SINGA
  
@@ -1416, +1359 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Release version 2.0 in December and integrate Rafiki code
+   2. Preparing for graduation 
-   2. Preparing for graduation https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-405
+   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-405
    3.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- N/A
+   N/A
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- The dev email list is more activate with more users.
+   The dev email list is more activate with more users.
- A new committer is nominated.
+   A new committer is nominated.
  
- Number of emails from Sep to Dec.
+   Number of emails from Sep to Dec.
- Dec 2018, 23
+   Dec 2018, 23
- Nov 2018, 71
+   Nov 2018, 71
- Oct 2018, 51
+   Oct 2018, 51
- Sep 2018, 14
+   Sep 2018, 14
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- We have developed a submodule of Singa, called Rafiki to provide automated machine learning.
+   We have developed a submodule of Singa, called Rafiki to provide automated 
+   machine learning.
- Two major features are developed for Singa, i.e., autograd (finished) and onnx (almost done).
+   Two major features are developed for Singa, i.e., autograd (finished) and 
+   onnx (almost done).
  
- There are 265 Commits since last report (including the commits for Rafiki).
+   There are 265 Commits since last report (including the commits for Rafiki).
  
- 
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  
- The system is getting stable and there are more and more users.
+   The system is getting stable and there are more and more users.
- We are preparing the graduation process, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-405, and are discussioning it in the dev list.
+   We are preparing the graduation process, 
+   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-405, and are discussioning it 
+   in the dev list.
  
    [ ] Initial setup
    [ ] Working towards first release
@@ -1463, +1410 @@

  
   2018-12-04
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- The mentors are helpful and have given the suggestions on graduation.
+   The mentors are helpful and have given the suggestions on graduation.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1481, +1426 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  SkyWalking
@@ -1510, +1453 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
-   Have six Apache releases already. 5.0.0-alpha, 5.0.0-beta, 5.0.0-beta2, 5.0.0-RC2, 5.0.0-GA, 6.0.0-alpha
+   Have six Apache releases already. 5.0.0-alpha, 5.0.0-beta, 5.0.0-beta2, 
+   5.0.0-RC2, 5.0.0-GA, 6.0.0-alpha
  
-   Started the `Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP` discussion in IPMC. IPMC addressed a main issue before graduation, need to promote more committers by given the number of contributors. 
-   SkyWalking community has recognised, and voted/passed three new committers, more committers are in discussion and voting process. The PPMCs have learned from the graduation discussion.
+   Started the `Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP` discussion 
+   in IPMC. IPMC addressed a main issue before graduation, need to promote 
+   more committers by given the number of contributors. 
+   SkyWalking community has recognised, and voted/passed three new 
+   committers, more committers are in discussion and voting process. The PPMCs 
+   have learned from the graduation discussion.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   1. SkyWalking is working with Istio community, in the 6.0.0-alpha release, we
+   1. SkyWalking is working with Istio community, in the 6.0.0-alpha 
-   support telemetry format from Istio.
+   release, we support telemetry format from Istio.
    2. Near 50 companies have confirmed they are using SkyWalking 
    through issue report or our powered-by page.
    3. There are 74 people to contribute codes to our main repo. 17 more than 
    the last report.
-   4. Three new committors voted and joined. Wenbin Wang, Can Li and Jian Tan. 
+   4. Three new committors voted and joined. Wenbin Wang, Can Li and Jian 
-   5. A new UI project open source. https://github.com/TinyAllen/rocketbot. It runs as a secondary choice and very cool UI for SkyWalking, by following our query protocol.
-   6. baiyang, wangkai, liyuntao, ilucky, zhangkewei, and wangsheng added to SkyWalking PPMC, because they are initial committers.
+   Tan. 
+   5. A new UI project open source. https://github.com/TinyAllen/rocketbot. 
+   It runs as a secondary choice and very cool UI for SkyWalking, by following 
+   our query protocol.
+   6. baiyang, wangkai, liyuntao, ilucky, zhangkewei, and wangsheng added to 
+   SkyWalking PPMC, because they are initial committers.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
@@ -1535, +1487 @@

    months.
    In 5.0.0-RC2 release milestones, there are 130 issues and pull requests 
    solved.
-   In 5.0.0-GA release milestones, there are 32 issues and pull requests solved.
+   In 5.0.0-GA release milestones, there are 32 issues and pull requests 
+   solved.
-   In 6.0.0-alpha release milestones, there are 202 issues and pull requests solved.
+   In 6.0.0-alpha release milestones, there are 202 issues and pull requests 
+   solved.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1556, +1510 @@

  
    Dec. 2018
  
- 
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1569, +1521 @@

    [ ](skywalking) Willem Ning Jiang
       Comments:
    [X](skywalking) Mick Semb Wever
-      Comments: 'issues to address' probably doesn't need to be so technical, the board can presume technical momentum by release frequency and new committers. Graduation is more dependent on the ASF community dynamics. Adding the new committers for example.
+      Comments: 'issues to address' probably doesn't need to be so 
+      technical, the board can presume technical momentum by release frequency 
+      and new committers. Graduation is more dependent on the ASF community 
+      dynamics. Adding the new committers for example.
    [X](skywalking) Ignasi Barrera
       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Spot
@@ -1587, +1540 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Revive community activity (Discussion in mailing lists, increase frequency of commits)
+   1. Revive community activity (Discussion in mailing lists, increase 
+   frequency of commits)
-   2. Make it easier for Devs to contribute to the project (e.g. documentation, framework).
+   2. Make it easier for Devs to contribute to the project (e.g. 
+   documentation, framework).
    3. Developing a workflow in Spot that allows for intuitive analytics.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- We are currently down to 1 mentor. Although we put a request for an additional mentor, we are not going to push the request until we wrap up what we need to do for the next release. Once we have finished up work and are ready to set up a vote we will push harder to invite another mentor to help us with the process. We anticipate having a lot of questions around the release process.
+   We are currently down to 1 mentor. Although we put a request for an 
+   additional mentor, we are not going to push the request until we wrap up 
+   what we need to do for the next release. Once we have finished up work and 
+   are ready to set up a vote we will push harder to invite another mentor to 
+   help us with the process. We anticipate having a lot of questions around 
+   the release process.
  
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- Since having pushed through some stagnant pull requests we have noticed a little more activity. We are trying out different ways to make it easier for developers to contribute. We are talking to users to understand what pieces of Spot are important to them.
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- We have identified issues we think would block our release; mainly around the ease of installation and use. We are doing some documentation write-ups and code updates to make the Install process easier. We’re also testing out setup on a VM with the aim to make it easier for developers to contribute.
+   Since having pushed through some stagnant pull requests we have noticed a 
+   little more activity. We are trying out different ways to make it easier 
+   for developers to contribute. We are talking to users to understand what 
+   pieces of Spot are important to them.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   We have identified issues we think would block our release; mainly around 
+   the ease of installation and use. We are doing some documentation write-ups 
+   and code updates to make the Install process easier. We’re also testing out 
+   setup on a VM with the aim to make it easier for developers to contribute.
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1619, +1585 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- 2018-01-18
+   2018-01-18
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- Holding off on pushing for more mentors until we are ready to start the official release process.
+   Holding off on pushing for more mentors until we are ready to start the 
+   official release process.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1633, +1600 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Superset
@@ -1645, +1610 @@

  Superset has been incubating since 2017-05-21.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
- 1. Project operations - There are 3 specific issues that have been brought to our attention that we are committed to addressing:
- Discussions happening offline from dev@superset.incubator.apache.org (more below under issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board should be aware of)
+   1. Project operations - There are 3 specific issues that have been brought 
+   to our attention that we are committed to addressing:
+   Discussions happening offline from dev@superset.incubator.apache.org (more 
- Unapproved releases (more below under issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board should be aware of)
+   below under issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board should be aware of)
- Trademark - Some research has been conducted here https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH/issues/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-124 , but more details have been requested. The expected format output described is not very prescriptive. Just commented asking for a example of a well executed name search. 
- 2. Plan and execute our first Apache release.  Though we have been in incubation for a year and a half, we are committed to planning and following through on our first Apache release together with the community by kicking off a discussion thread on dev@superset.incubator.apache.org  to align on the deliverables for the first Apache release.
- 3. Align on a long-term product roadmap with the broader Apache Superset community.  As a part of planning our first Apache release, we would also like to build out the high-level roadmap for the project with a look ahead of 1 year.  We plan to create this by starting a discussion thread on dev@superset.incubator.apache.org  to work collaboratively on a vision and roadmap for 2019.
+   Unapproved releases (more below under issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF 
+   Board should be aware of)
+   Trademark - Some research has been conducted here 
+   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH/issues/PODLINGNAME
+   SEARCH-124 , but more details have been requested. The expected format 
+   output described is not very prescriptive. Just commented asking for a 
+   example of a well executed name search. 
+   2. Plan and execute our first Apache release.  Though we have been in 
+   incubation for a year and a half, we are committed to planning and 
+   following through on our first Apache release together with the community 
+   by kicking off a discussion thread on dev@superset.incubator.apache.org  to 
+   align on the deliverables for the first Apache release.
+   3. Align on a long-term product roadmap with the broader Apache Superset 
+   community.  As a part of planning our first Apache release, we would also 
+   like to build out the high-level roadmap for the project with a look ahead 
+   of 1 year.  We plan to create this by starting a discussion thread on 
+   dev@superset.incubator.apache.org  to work collaboratively on a vision and 
+   roadmap for 2019.
  
- 
- 
- Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of?
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware 
- * Discussions happening offline from email - The dev@superset.incubator.apache.org email list has not been very active as a channel of discussion.  To be clear, this is both a result of 1) when the list started, GitHub spammed the email list with notifications and our hypothesis is that many people filtered this email alias 2) the Apache email list does not support images making it challenging to support a project that is UI-heavy as a tool for data visualization and 3) other communication channels are being used to compliment the email list.  On #3, there is an open bi-weekly meeting for contributors and committers to discuss issues (no decisions are made here - please see the update on SIPs in the project development section) and while the link to the Google Doc with the notes was posted to the dev@superset.incubator.apache.org email list, we could have done a better job of posting the notes from the meetings and we recognize that it is more challenging for some community members who live in other timezones to participate.  There are also two reasonably active forums for live discussions (Slack Group http://apache-superset.slack.com and Gitter Channel https://gitter.im/airbnb/superset) however, we now know that casual conversations should only happen on these channels and that the majority of the discussion needs to happen via email.  As a next step, we will have an initial meeting with the Mentors, PPMC and Committers on Thursday, December 13th to figure out what it takes to address this issue and help get the project on track.  We will also use this meeting as an opportunity to align across the PPMC and Committers about our obligations and responsibilities as well as to receive coaching from our Mentors on the Apache Way.
- * Unapproved releases - Currently, committers working on the project have not been following the proper procedures in discussing the content of releases on the dev@superset.incubator.apache.org email list nor have we been consistent in bringing releases to a vote.  This negatively impacts the ability of other community members to participate.  We were uncertain how to manage the LICENSE/COPYRIGHT files and how they relate to convenience releases and we have struggled to understand how to proceed with the name search requirement.  That said, it doesn’t justify pushing a release forward and at a minimum we will discontinue this practice.  We will also discuss this with our Mentors on 12/13 to receive coaching on this topic.
- * As mentioned earlier, having an Apache email list that doesn’t support images makes it very challenging for our project.  We would be interested to know if the ASF Infrastructure Team has any plans to address this.
+ of?
+   * Discussions happening offline from email - The 
+   dev@superset.incubator.apache.org email list has not been very active as a 
+   channel of discussion.  To be clear, this is both a result of 1) when the 
+   list started, GitHub spammed the email list with notifications and our 
+   hypothesis is that many people filtered this email alias 2) the Apache 
+   email list does not support images making it challenging to support a 
+   project that is UI-heavy as a tool for data visualization and 3) other 
+   communication channels are being used to compliment the email list.  On #3, 
+   there is an open bi-weekly meeting for contributors and committers to 
+   discuss issues (no decisions are made here - please see the update on SIPs 
+   in the project development section) and while the link to the Google Doc 
+   with the notes was posted to the dev@superset.incubator.apache.org email 
+   list, we could have done a better job of posting the notes from the 
+   meetings and we recognize that it is more challenging for some community 
+   members who live in other timezones to participate.  There are also two 
+   reasonably active forums for live discussions (Slack Group 
+   http://apache-superset.slack.com and Gitter Channel 
+   https://gitter.im/airbnb/superset) however, we now know that casual 
+   conversations should only happen on these channels and that the majority of 
+   the discussion needs to happen via email.  As a next step, we will have an 
+   initial meeting with the Mentors, PPMC and Committers on Thursday, December 
+   13th to figure out what it takes to address this issue and help get the 
+   project on track.  We will also use this meeting as an opportunity to align 
+   across the PPMC and Committers about our obligations and responsibilities 
+   as well as to receive coaching from our Mentors on the Apache Way.
+   * Unapproved releases - Currently, committers working on the project have 
+   not been following the proper procedures in discussing the content of 
+   releases on the dev@superset.incubator.apache.org email list nor have we 
+   been consistent in bringing releases to a vote.  This negatively impacts 
+   the ability of other community members to participate.  We were uncertain 
+   how to manage the LICENSE/COPYRIGHT files and how they relate to 
+   convenience releases and we have struggled to understand how to proceed 
+   with the name search requirement.  That said, it doesn’t justify pushing a 
+   release forward and at a minimum we will discontinue this practice.  We 
+   will also discuss this with our Mentors on 12/13 to receive coaching on 
+   this topic.
+   * As mentioned earlier, having an Apache email list that doesn’t support 
+   images makes it very challenging for our project.  We would be interested 
+   to know if the ASF Infrastructure Team has any plans to address this.
- * We currently only have 3 active PMCs (1 inactive).  We should strive to add more PMCs to the project.
+   * We currently only have 3 active PMCs (1 inactive).  We should strive to 
+   add more PMCs to the project.
  
- 
  How has the community developed since the last report?
- * Organic growth of our Github contributors (274->306), forks (3627->3974), watchers
+   * Organic growth of our Github contributors (274->306), forks (3627->3974), 
-   (1077->1157) and stars (20,519->22,097)
+   watchers (1077->1157) and stars (20,519->22,097)
- * Added Krist Wongsuphasawat as a new committer.
+   * Added Krist Wongsuphasawat as a new committer.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
- * We have been intentional in discussing and voting on issues using GitHub (for SIPs) as it supports images (a current challenge with the Apache email listserv) and held votes for them on the dev@superset.incubator.apache.org list
- * Faster, easier editing of datasources (adding new metrics, dimensions, metadata) - We've now added the ability to modify datasources directly from the Explore view. 
+   * We have been intentional in discussing and voting on issues using GitHub 
+   (for SIPs) as it supports images (a current challenge with the Apache email 
+   listserv) and held votes for them on the dev@superset.incubator.apache.org 
+   list
+   * Faster, easier editing of datasources (adding new metrics, dimensions, 
+   metadata) - We've now added the ability to modify datasources directly from 
+   the Explore view. 
- * New time range filter with added simple default options, and relative date filters.
+   * New time range filter with added simple default options, and relative 
+   date filters.
- * Url shortener for dashboards, for easier sharing.
+   * Url shortener for dashboards, for easier sharing.
- * Improvements to the visualize flow - You can now go from a sql query right to a chart without needing to configure columns.
+   * Improvements to the visualize flow - You can now go from a sql query 
+   right to a chart without needing to configure columns.
- * A healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements and new
+   * A healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements and new
    features, take a look at the project’s Pulse on Github for more details
- 
  
  How does the podling rate their own maturity.
  [ ] Initial setup
@@ -1683, +1705 @@

  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:
  
+ Date of last release:
- Date of last release: No official release yet since being voted into Apache
+   No official release yet since being voted into Apache
- Incubation.  (Planning for the first Apache release in Q1, 2019)
+   Incubation.  (Planning for the first Apache release in Q1, 2019)
  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- * Krist Wongsuphasawat - Committer (2018-11-06)
+   * Krist Wongsuphasawat - Committer (2018-11-06)
  
  Signed-off-by:
  [ ](superset) Ashutosh Chauhan
@@ -1697, +1720 @@

  [X](superset) Alan Gates
      Comments: This is a very nice detailed report, thanks.  
  
- 
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Taverna
@@ -1721, +1741 @@

    INFRA-16698 moved 2 repos out of Apache git although they are still
    listed on https://git.apache.org/.
  
- 
  How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- 
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
    Clearing up the last couple of licence issues and merging or
@@ -1760, +1777 @@

    [x](taverna) Andy Seaborne
       Comments:
  
- The project has two mentors showing any level of activity although as
+   The project has two mentors showing any level of activity although as
- the project is "about to graduate" it should be almost self-sufficent.
+   the project is "about to graduate" it should be almost self-sufficent.
- Graduation is possible though close to the minimum requirements;
+   Graduation is possible though close to the minimum requirements;
- more active PPMC members would be very helpful.
+   more active PPMC members would be very helpful.
  
- Due to lack of time I have to resign as mentor.
+   Due to lack of time I have to resign as mentor.
  
    [ ](taverna) Marlon Pierce
       Comments:
    [x](taverna) Stian Soiland-Reyes
       Comments: 
- PPMC has increased activity levels and are resolving remaining licensing issues.
+   PPMC has increased activity levels and are resolving remaining licensing 
+   issues.
- Agree with Andy that more of the PPMC members being active would be ideal.
+   Agree with Andy that more of the PPMC members being active would be ideal.
  
    [ ](taverna) Suresh Srinivas
       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
- 
  
  --------------------
  Tephra
@@ -1797, +1813 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- - None at this time.
+   - None at this time.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- - 1 new subscriber in dev mailing list since the last report
+   - 1 new subscriber in dev mailing list since the last report
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- - Working on 0.16.0-incubating release
+   - Working on 0.16.0-incubating release
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1822, +1838 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
- - None since coming to incubation
+   - None since coming to incubation
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
  that need to be addressed.
  
- - Mentors are helpful and responsive
+   - Mentors are helpful and responsive
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1838, +1854 @@

       Comments:
  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
- 
  
  --------------------
  Warble
@@ -1901, +1916 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  --------------------
  Zipkin
  
- Zipkin is a distributed tracing system. It helps gather timing data needed to
+ Zipkin is a distributed tracing system. It helps gather timing data needed 
- troubleshoot latency problems in microservice architectures.
+ to troubleshoot latency problems in microservice architectures.
  
  Zipkin has been incubating since 2018-08-29.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Finalize the migration of the GitHub repositories
-   2. Wrap up and agree upon release process, the draft discussion has been started already
+   2. Wrap up and agree upon release process, the draft discussion has been 
+   started already
-   3. Plan to integrate one of the repositories (zipkin-karaf) with Apache CI (Jenkins)
+   3. Plan to integrate one of the repositories (zipkin-karaf) with Apache 
+   CI (Jenkins)
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
@@ -1925, +1940 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   The workshop regarding major Zipkin UI rework in planned on 3-7 of December, 2018.
+   The workshop regarding major Zipkin UI rework in planned on 3-7 of 
+   December, 2018.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   Not much progress to report since the repositories have not been migrated yet.
+   Not much progress to report since the repositories have not been migrated 
+   yet.
-   The new mentor, Sheng Wu, has joined the project. Also, the team has established 
+   The new mentor, Sheng Wu, has joined the project. Also, the team has 
-   a process to reflect project updates which is to create a wiki at the same time 
+   established a process to reflect project updates which is to create a wiki at the 
-   as the incubator reports (called LastMonthInZipkin).
+   same time as the incubator reports (called LastMonthInZipkin).
  
  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1949, +1966 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
  
-    2018-11-16
+   2018-11-16
  
  Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
  through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
@@ -1972, +1989 @@

  
  IPMC/Shepherd notes:
  
- 
- 
  }}}
  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cvs-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cvs-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message