incubator-cvs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2016" by MarvinHumphrey
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:11:19 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "April2016" page has been changed by MarvinHumphrey:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2016?action=diff&rev1=61&rev2=62

Comment:
Reflow.

  --------------------
  Apex
  
-   Apex is an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that
+ Apex is an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that
-   unifies stream processing and batch processing.
+ unifies stream processing and batch processing.
  
-   Apex has been incubating since 2015-08-17.
+ Apex has been incubating since 2015-08-17.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
@@ -180, +180 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   The community is very engaged with the development of the project.
+   The community is very engaged with the development of the project.  We see
-   We see continious uptick in mailing list participaton (2180 messages on dev@ for March, 122+ subscribers).
+   continious uptick in mailing list participaton (2180 messages on dev@ for
+   March, 122+ subscribers).
  
-   The community discussed graduation, addressed outstanding issues and completed VOTE.
+   The community discussed graduation, addressed outstanding issues and
+   completed VOTE.
  
-   The community has been active building additional meetup groups: http://s.apache.org/jKT
+   The community has been active building additional meetup groups:
+   http://s.apache.org/jKT
    Many presentations and uptick in engagement.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
@@ -245, +248 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- No
+   No
  
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- Not that much but we got some good interaction with JBatch specification to enhance the product.
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+   Not that much but we got some good interaction with JBatch specification
+   to enhance the product.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
- BatchEE contributes to JBatch to make the project moving forward in the right way.
+   BatchEE contributes to JBatch to make the project moving forward in the
- 
+   right way.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -262, +266 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
-  2015-12-11
+   2015-12-11
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -401, +405 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- * A new contributor opened several JIRAs regarding improvements and contributed patches.  Two have been committed so far.
+   * A new contributor opened several JIRAs regarding improvements and
+     contributed patches.  Two have been committed so far.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- * Improved instructions on loading projects in Eclipse based on discussion in JIRA.
+   * Improved instructions on loading projects in Eclipse based on discussion
+     in JIRA.
- * Added checks in build system to catch issues using wrong JDK version.
+   * Added checks in build system to catch issues using wrong JDK version.
- * Some UDFs were improved to be more efficient.
+   * Some UDFs were improved to be more efficient.
- * A new UDF is pending review.
+   * A new UDF is pending review.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -437, +443 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1.Finalising the initial release
+   1. Finalising the initial release
-   2.Improve the communication around the differences between the previous MifosX project and the new Fineract project, especially in the MifosX community, website etc.
-   3.With the first initial release, encourage the community to use the proper infastructure (mailing lists, issue tracker) for the ongoing collaboration within the community.
-   4.Change management towards less 'key-man' dependency on previous tech/community leaders from MifosX, more towards community driven consensus.
+   2. Improve the communication around the differences between the previous
+      MifosX project and the new Fineract project, especially in the MifosX
+      community, website etc.
+   3. With the first initial release, encourage the community to use the
+      proper infastructure (mailing lists, issue tracker) for the ongoing
+      collaboration within the community.
+   4. Change management towards less 'key-man' dependency on previous
+      tech/community leaders from MifosX, more towards community driven
+      consensus.
-   5.Reduce clutter on mailinglist from JIRA updates etc.
+   5. Reduce clutter on mailinglist from JIRA updates etc.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- On the mailinglist there have been discussions around the lack of traffic on it. This is part of the switchover from the current MifosX community and mailinglists towards the new Fineract lists. At the same time the recent meet-up of Mifosx and Fineract devs and people interested in it (see community development), has also triggered a lot of offline interaction.
+   On the mailinglist there have been discussions around the lack of traffic
+   on it. This is part of the switchover from the current MifosX community
+   and mailinglists towards the new Fineract lists. At the same time the
+   recent meet-up of Mifosx and Fineract devs and people interested in it
+   (see community development), has also triggered a lot of offline
+   interaction.
  
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- While activity on the mailinglist has been pretty low, we've had a great meet-up in Amsterdam where a nice mix of existing MifosX community members and a group of new interested people was present. This has boosted interest in Fineract.
- 
- We have a high level of interest from new contributors throughout Africa - we are working to properly engage them and guide them to the correct collaboration channels in our Fineract community.
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- Individual members of the leading partner organizations building solutions using the Fineract platform have begun to effectively use the Fineract issue tracker to communicate and track the requirements and enhancements they're building and contributing to Fineract. These individuals are setting a good example that other individuals from our partner community should follow.
+   While activity on the mailinglist has been pretty low, we've had a great
+   meet-up in Amsterdam where a nice mix of existing MifosX community members
+   and a group of new interested people was present. This has boosted
+   interest in Fineract.
+ 
+   We have a high level of interest from new contributors throughout Africa -
+   we are working to properly engage them and guide them to the correct
+   collaboration channels in our Fineract community.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   Individual members of the leading partner organizations building solutions
+   using the Fineract platform have begun to effectively use the Fineract
+   issue tracker to communicate and track the requirements and enhancements
+   they're building and contributing to Fineract. These individuals are
+   setting a good example that other individuals from our partner community
+   should follow.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -487, +514 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-  1. Finding more active contributors
+   1. Finding more active contributors
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
@@ -496, +523 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-  There were no changes
+   There were no changes
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   FreeMarker had two public releases: A Release Candidate (so that users can test it), and one final release. Apart from the new features and fixes, we have adjusted the source code and build process to follow Apache best practices more closely, and to be more appealing for contributors (switching to Java 5, fixing formatting where it didn't fit the modern Java conventions).
+   FreeMarker had two public releases: A Release Candidate (so that users can
+   test it), and one final release. Apart from the new features and fixes, we
+   have adjusted the source code and build process to follow Apache best
+   practices more closely, and to be more appealing for contributors
+   (switching to Java 5, fixing formatting where it didn't fit the modern
+   Java conventions).
  
-   The legal/policy issue with the web site domain (INFRA-10787) was settled, and we are using our historical domain again (freemarker.org) until graduation.
+   The legal/policy issue with the web site domain (INFRA-10787) was settled,
+   and we are using our historical domain again (freemarker.org) until
+   graduation.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -535, +569 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Make initial Apache branded release
-   2. Initial community process definition and practice enforcement by following Apache policies
+   2. Initial community process definition and practice enforcement by
+      following Apache policies
-   3. Build the first Apache branded informative website to make Gearpump contributor and end-user friendly.
+   3. Build the first Apache branded informative website to make Gearpump
+      contributor and end-user friendly.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
-   The rights holder of the Gearpump copyright filed a CCLA including a Schedule B granting the Gearpump codebase to the Foundation. We are awaiting assistance from Infrastructure on INFRA-11435 to perform the import. 
+   The rights holder of the Gearpump copyright filed a CCLA including a
+   Schedule B granting the Gearpump codebase to the Foundation. We are
+   awaiting assistance from Infrastructure on INFRA-11435 to perform the
+   import. 
  
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
-   All of the initial committers/PPMC have set up with Apache accounts and Apache JIRA accounts. 
- 
-   Discussion among developers has started on dev@gearpump.incubator.apache.org
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+   All of the initial committers/PPMC have set up with Apache accounts and
+   Apache JIRA accounts. 
+ 
+   Discussion among developers has started on
+   dev@gearpump.incubator.apache.org
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   The JIRA for the podling is active at
-   The JIRA for the podling is active at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP and seeing activity. 
+   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEARPUMP and seeing activity. 
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -596, +638 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   - We have been able to address the “Three most important issues to move towards graduation” from the previous report
+   - We have been able to address the “Three most important issues to move
+     towards graduation” from the previous report
      1. We had our first public release
      2. We Added 4 new committers, one of which is outside Pivotal
-     3. We are about to have a second release, establishing a regular release cadence
+     3. We are about to have a second release, establishing a regular release
+        cadence
    - We had a GeodeSummit http://geodesummit.com/ 
      - 22 sessions (including Keynote)
-     - Sessions included current use cases as well as integrations with other Apache projects
+     - Sessions included current use cases as well as integrations with other
+       Apache projects
      - Over 100 attendees
      - Received project proposal after the summit.
-   - The Geode Clubhouse hosted a meeting covering a walk through the different approaches for caching data in a Spring based application with Apache Geode by Luke Shannon
+   - The Geode Clubhouse hosted a meeting covering a walk through the
+     different approaches for caching data in a Spring based application with
+     Apache Geode by Luke Shannon
    - The breakdown of JIRA tickets is the following:
      Q3 / 2015 - 65 created, 19 resolved.
      Q4 / 2015 - 342 created, 227 resolved.
      Q1 / 2016 - 438 created, 362 resolved.
      Q2 / 2016 - 8 created, 12 resolved (As of Apr 4th)
    - There was a total of 123 pull requests on GitHub with 6 still open.
-   - The breakdown of the mailing lists messages for January, Feb, March of 2016:
+   - The breakdown of the mailing lists messages for January, Feb, March of
+     2016:
      org.apache.geode.issues 4300
      org.apache.geode.commits 3731
      org.apache.geode.dev 2154
      org.apache.geode.user 294
-   - There are now 153 subscribers on the dev and 145 on the user mailing lists.
+   - There are now 153 subscribers on the dev and 145 on the user mailing
+     lists.
    - Community events:
      - January 2016:
        -  FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels:
-       - Taxi trip analysis (DEBS grand-challenge) with Apache Geode (incubating)
+       - Taxi trip analysis (DEBS grand-challenge) with Apache Geode
+         (incubating)
-       - Big Data meets Fast Data: an scalable hybrid real-time transactional and analytics solution
+       - Big Data meets Fast Data: an scalable hybrid real-time transactional
+         and analytics solution
      - February 2016:
        - Seattle Java User’s Group (Talk about Introduction to Apache Geode)
      - March 2016:
        - Geode Summit in Palo Alto, California
+       - Geode meetup in Palo Alto
-       - Geode meetup in Palo Alto (http://www.meetup.com/Pivotal-Open-Source-Hub/events/228983898/)
+         (http://www.meetup.com/Pivotal-Open-Source-Hub/events/228983898/)
-       - Apache Apex (incubating) meetup featuring Geode integration (http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Bay-Area-Chapter/events/228593080/)
+       - Apache Apex (incubating) meetup featuring Geode integration
+         (http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Bay-Area-Chapter/events/228593080/)
  
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   - Had first release, close to the second release (with 134 out of 138 issues resolved)
+   - Had first release, close to the second release (with 134 out of 138
+     issues resolved)
-   - We elected a release manager for the first release and have rotated that responsibility for the second release
+   - We elected a release manager for the first release and have rotated that
+     responsibility for the second release
    - Had a discussion about how to number the releases
-   - Voted on the Release candidates, rejected the first but the second release candidate was voted as the final release
-   - The community discussed the criteria for becoming a committer and learned the correct way of nominating new committers.
+   - Voted on the Release candidates, rejected the first but the second
+     release candidate was voted as the final release
+   - The community discussed the criteria for becoming a committer and
+     learned the correct way of nominating new committers.
    - JIRA components were refined after a discussion on the mailing list.
-   - Consensus was achieved for the scope for the releases on the mailing list.
+   - Consensus was achieved for the scope for the releases on the mailing
+     list.
-   - Decision was made not to rename the command line tool on the mailing list.
+   - Decision was made not to rename the command line tool on the mailing
+     list.
    - Each commit and pull request is run through CI using Travis CI
    - Removed @author tags
    - First release published to maven central
    - Javadocs hosted on the project website.
  
- 
  Date of last release:
  
    2016-02-06
  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
-  - Jinmei Liao (2016-01-26)
+   - Jinmei Liao (2016-01-26)
-  - Sai Boorlagadda (2016-02-19)
+   - Sai Boorlagadda (2016-02-19)
-  - Nitin Lamba (2016-03-08)
+   - Nitin Lamba (2016-03-08)
-  - Dave Barnes (2016-03-30)
+   - Dave Barnes (2016-03-30)
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -676, +733 @@

  --------------------
  HAWQ
  
- Apache HAWQ is a Hadoop native SQL query engine that combines the key technological advantages of MPP database with the scalability and
- convenience of Hadoop. HAWQ reads data from and writes data to HDFS natively.  HAWQ delivers industry-leading performance and linear
- scalability. It provides users the tools to confidently and successfully interact with petabyte range data sets. HAWQ provides users with a complete,
+ Apache HAWQ is a Hadoop native SQL query engine that combines the key
+ technological advantages of MPP database with the scalability and
+ convenience of Hadoop. HAWQ reads data from and writes data to HDFS
+ natively.  HAWQ delivers industry-leading performance and linear
+ scalability. It provides users the tools to confidently and successfully
+ interact with petabyte range data sets. HAWQ provides users with a complete,
  standards compliant SQL interface.
  
  HAWQ has been incubating since 2015-09-04.
@@ -686, +746 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Produce our first Apache Release
- 
-   2. Expand the community, by adding new contributors and focusing on making sure that there's a much more robust level of conversations and discussions happening
- around roadmaps and feature development on the public dev mailing list
- 
-   3. Infrastructure migration: create Jenkins projects that build HAWQ binary, source tarballs, and run feature tests including at least installcheck-good tests for each commit (HAWQ-127).
+   2. Expand the community, by adding new contributors and focusing on making
+      sure that there's a much more robust level of conversations and
+      discussions happening around roadmaps and feature development on the
+      public dev mailing list
+   3. Infrastructure migration: create Jenkins projects that build HAWQ
+      binary, source tarballs, and run feature tests including at least
+      installcheck-good tests for each commit (HAWQ-127).
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
  
@@ -698, +760 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   1. One HAWQ Nest community meeting (topic: GPORCA: Query Optimization as a Service)
+   1. One HAWQ Nest community meeting (topic: GPORCA: Query Optimization as a
-      Video: http://bit.ly/HAWQNest0223yt
+      Service) Video: http://bit.ly/HAWQNest0223yt
-   2. The community shows pretty high activities. In Dev, there have been 816 messages on dev@/user@ in March 2016.
+   2. The community shows pretty high activities. In Dev, there have been 816
+      messages on dev@/user@ in March 2016.
-   3. Got around 29 pull requests from contributors that are not in the initial committer team.
+   3. Got around 29 pull requests from contributors that are not in the
+      initial committer team.
    4. GSoC 2016: 6 topics created for it.
+   5. FOSDEM 2016 event:
-   5. FOSDEM 2016 event: https://fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/hpc_bigdata_hadoopsql/
+      https://fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/hpc_bigdata_hadoopsql/
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
    1. Main features/improvements added include:
- 
       a) Hawq-473 Add fault reason and history into hawq catalog
-      b) HAWQ-404 Add sort during INSERT of append only row oriented partition tables
+      b) HAWQ-404 Add sort during INSERT of append only row oriented
+         partition tables
       c) HAWQ-558 Improve performance of truncate on small tables
-      d) HAWQ-532 HAWQ-580 HAWQ-587 Enhance the virtual segment number selection method
+      d) HAWQ-532 HAWQ-580 HAWQ-587 Enhance the virtual segment number
+         selection method
-      e) HAWQ-551 Enhance explain analyze with more information on data locality and resource manager
+      e) HAWQ-551 Enhance explain analyze with more information on data
+         locality and resource manager
       f) HAWQ-546 Enhance \d for HCatalog tables
       g) HAWQ-144 Support HAWQ build on MAC
       h) HAWQ-597 Add Travis CI(OSX) for MAC
       i) Critical bug fixes.
- 
    2. 135 new JIRAs filed, 116 resolved (In Mar 2016)
- 
    3. 134 code commits (In Mar 2016)
- 
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -765, +829 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- Number of subscribers has increased slightly, development has however been slow.
+   Number of subscribers has increased slightly, development has however been
+   slow.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- We have decided that we need to refocus on what we want HORN to look like
+   We have decided that we need to refocus on what we want HORN to look like
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -777, +842 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
- October
+   October
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -807, +872 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- None
+   None
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- * YCSB community are working on integrating HTrace.
+   * YCSB community are working on integrating HTrace.
- * Google Summer of Code 2016 projects for Apache HTrace are being planned.
+   * Google Summer of Code 2016 projects for Apache HTrace are being planned.
-   There are proposals such as
+     There are proposals such as
-   * distributed tracing for s3 and other alternative Hadoop FS
+     * distributed tracing for s3 and other alternative Hadoop FS
-   * Kudu span receiver
+     * Kudu span receiver
-   * integrating HTrace into Hadoop YARN
+     * integrating HTrace into Hadoop YARN
-   * HTrace'ing in Apache Nutch
+     * HTrace'ing in Apache Nutch
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- * +70 issues were fixed and released as part of 4.1.0-incubating.
+   * +70 issues were fixed and released as part of 4.1.0-incubating.
-   * Improved htraced a lot in Web-UI, robustness, metrics and logging
+     * Improved htraced a lot in Web-UI, robustness, metrics and logging
-   * Added Docker support for development
+     * Added Docker support for development
- * Added Documentation for developers
+   * Added Documentation for developers
  
  Date of last release:
  
- * htrace-4.1.0-incubating on March 5th, 2016
+   * htrace-4.1.0-incubating on March 5th, 2016
  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
- * None this period. Last added committer: Abraham Elmahrek - 2.11.15
+   * None this period. Last added committer: Abraham Elmahrek - 2.11.15
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -856, +921 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Transition of development workflows to ASF (see https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221)
+   1. Transition of development workflows to ASF (see
+      https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221)
    2. Initial release as incubating project.
    3. Community growth
  
@@ -868, +934 @@

  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
    There have been no additions to the committer or PMC lists since
-   incubation began. We continue to see an uptick in external contributions, with two patches from new contributors this month. One contributor pleasingly reported it was "great to work closely with Impala community".
+   incubation began. We continue to see an uptick in external contributions,
+   with two patches from new contributors this month. One contributor
+   pleasingly reported it was "great to work closely with Impala community".
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   We have put together a list of tasks required to move development of Impala from
+   We have put together a list of tasks required to move development of
-   Cloudera's infrastructure to the ASF. Since Impala was already a well-established project before the Incubator proposal, there is perhaps more decoupling required than for more nascent projects. The list is at https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221, and is being actively worked on. Note that this doesn't cover the standard podling tasks (like name search, etc).
+   Impala from Cloudera's infrastructure to the ASF. Since Impala was already
+   a well-established project before the Incubator proposal, there is perhaps
+   more decoupling required than for more nascent projects. The list is at
+   https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221, and is being actively
+   worked on. Note that this doesn't cover the standard podling tasks (like
+   name search, etc).
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -882, +955 @@

  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
    None since entering incubation.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -904, +976 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Overcome current technical difficulties. You might be asking what is happening with Apache iota. The initial architecture that we wanted to upload was not as scalable as we required it to be. Rather than upload an architecture that we wanted to fundamentally change we have been developing a new backend architecture and code based that implements a significantly more scalable solution using Apache, Spark, Spark Streaming and Cassandra. We are still using Python and Django for our APIs and authentication (session and token based). Consequently, you haven’t seen any activity on the Apache iota site and repository. This will be changing soon. Litbit (the contributing company whose business runs on iota) has been working around the clock to remake the backend using additional Apache components that makes the solution far more scalable.
-   2. Set up web site and import code. We will be setting up the Apache iota website to reflect the new architecture and uploading the initial source code as quickly as we can.
-   3. Promote Iota to a wider user base / grow the community. We are planning to promoting iota at an upcoming keynote being given by Scott Noteboom (Litbit's CEO). In addition we will be presenting iota at Apache Con in May 2016. Our goal in promoting iota will be to start building a community that will contribute to moving iota to it’s first release as an Apache incubator project
+   1. Overcome current technical difficulties. You might be asking what is
+      happening with Apache iota. The initial architecture that we wanted to
+      upload was not as scalable as we required it to be. Rather than upload
+      an architecture that we wanted to fundamentally change we have been
+      developing a new backend architecture and code based that implements a
+      significantly more scalable solution using Apache, Spark, Spark
+      Streaming and Cassandra. We are still using Python and Django for our
+      APIs and authentication (session and token based). Consequently, you
+      haven’t seen any activity on the Apache iota site and repository. This
+      will be changing soon. Litbit (the contributing company whose business
+      runs on iota) has been working around the clock to remake the backend
+      using additional Apache components that makes the solution far more
+      scalable.
+   2. Set up web site and import code. We will be setting up the Apache iota
+      website to reflect the new architecture and uploading the initial
+      source code as quickly as we can.
+   3. Promote Iota to a wider user base / grow the community. We are planning
+      to promoting iota at an upcoming keynote being given by Scott Noteboom
+      (Litbit's CEO). In addition we will be presenting iota at Apache Con in
+      May 2016. Our goal in promoting iota will be to start building a
+      community that will contribute to moving iota to it’s first release as
+      an Apache incubator project
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
-  * None at this time.
+   * None at this time.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-  * This is the first submitted report
+   * This is the first submitted report
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-  * This is the first submitted report
+   * This is the first submitted report
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -966, +1057 @@

  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   The project did its 10th incubator release.
-   During the last three month 9 jira issues were reported and 6 of them fixed.
+   The project did its 10th incubator release.  During the last three month 9
+   jira issues were reported and 6 of them fixed.  Project has also started
-   Project has also started to implement the upcoming JSR-374 and JSR-367 specification.
+   to implement the upcoming JSR-374 and JSR-367 specification.  The project
-   The project has also voted for a logo.
+   has also voted for a logo.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -979, +1070 @@

  
    Last committer was elected 2014-08-23, last PMC member was elected
    2015-04-09 (Hendrik Saly)
- 
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1053, +1142 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Continue to produce regular Apache (incubating) releases.
-   2. Expand the community, increase dev list activity and add new contributors.
+   2. Expand the community, increase dev list activity and add new
+      contributors.
-   3. Execute and manage the project according to governance model required by the "Apache Way”.
+   3. Execute and manage the project according to governance model required
+      by the "Apache Way”.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
  
-  None
+   None
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-   1. Held three community calls in Q1 2016.  Each call featured a different member of the Apache MADlib community presenting on a topic of interest to them:  
+   1. Held three community calls in Q1 2016.  Each call featured a different
+      member of the Apache MADlib community presenting on a topic of interest
+      to them:  
- 	* Jan 15th - Bayesian Analysis of Binomial Response Models on MPP Databases (Gautam Muralidhar)
+      * Jan 15th - Bayesian Analysis of Binomial Response Models on MPP
+        Databases (Gautam Muralidhar)
- 	* Feb 16th - An Overview of GWR Analysis of Spatial Data (Chenliang Wang)
+      * Feb 16th - An Overview of GWR Analysis of Spatial Data (Chenliang
+        Wang)
-  	* Mar 16th - MADlib on PostgreSQL and PGXN (AJ Welch)
+  	 * Mar 16th - MADlib on PostgreSQL and PGXN (AJ Welch)
    2. One new committer has been added to the project (Xiaocheng Tang)
-   3. Presentation of Apache MADlib at FOSDEM’16 in Brussels (Frank McQuillan)
+   3. Presentation of Apache MADlib at FOSDEM’16 in Brussels (Frank
-   4. Material technical conversations on dev mailing lists and in the appropriate JIRAs (e.g., 111 emails on dev@ mailing list in Feb)
-   5. Several Google Summer of Code (GSoC) candidates have expressed interest in working on MADlib projects via dev@ mailing list.
+      McQuillan)
+   4. Material technical conversations on dev mailing lists and in the
+      appropriate JIRAs (e.g., 111 emails on dev@ mailing list in Feb)
+   5. Several Google Summer of Code (GSoC) candidates have expressed interest
+      in working on MADlib projects via dev@ mailing list.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
-   1. 1st ASF release MADlib v1.9alpha on 3/11/16 which was intended to clear all potential IP issues in the code base and make it legally ready to be adopted by the community.
-   2. 2nd ASF release MADlib v1.9 is currently in IPMC voting as of this writing on 4/6/16.  The goal of this 2nd release is general availability of MADlib v1.9 for community use.
-   3. Some features in the latest release:  path functions, support vector machines, advanced matrix operations, covariance matrix, proportion of variance for PCA, support for Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.
+   1. 1st ASF release MADlib v1.9alpha on 3/11/16 which was intended to clear
+      all potential IP issues in the code base and make it legally ready to
+      be adopted by the community.
+   2. 2nd ASF release MADlib v1.9 is currently in IPMC voting as of this
+      writing on 4/6/16.  The goal of this 2nd release is general
+      availability of MADlib v1.9 for community use.
+   3. Some features in the latest release:  path functions, support vector
+      machines, advanced matrix operations, covariance matrix, proportion of
+      variance for PCA, support for Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.
    4. 15 JIRAs created and 27 resolved in last 30 days.
  
  Date of last release:
@@ -1098, +1202 @@

  --------------------
  Metron
  
- Metron integrates a variety of open source big data technologies
+ Metron integrates a variety of open source big data technologies in order to
- in order to offer a centralized tool for security monitoring and analysis. Metron
+ offer a centralized tool for security monitoring and analysis. Metron
- provides capabilities for log aggregation, full packet capture indexing, storage,
+ provides capabilities for log aggregation, full packet capture indexing,
- advanced behavioral analytics and data enrichment, while applying the most
+ storage, advanced behavioral analytics and data enrichment, while applying
- current threat-intelligence information to security telemetry within a single
+ the most current threat-intelligence information to security telemetry
- platform.
+ within a single platform.
  
  Metron has been incubating since 2015-12-06.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards
  Graduation.
  
-  - Building a diverse community of developers for Metron
+   - Building a diverse community of developers for Metron
-  - Getting security practitioners to provide feedback on requirements
+   - Getting security practitioners to provide feedback on requirements
-  - Make an Apache release
+   - Make an Apache release
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to
  be aware of
  
-  - We are currently trying to produce the first Apache release of Metron
+   - We are currently trying to produce the first Apache release of Metron
  
  * How has the community developed since the last report
  
-  - We added one additional committer, David Lyle
+   - We added one additional committer, David Lyle
-  - We accepted 2 separate contributions from non-committers interested in Metron
+   - We accepted 2 separate contributions from non-committers interested
-  - We saw an uptick in interest from the community on the dev boards which corresponds to people trying the product prior to an official release, which is a good sign.
+     in Metron
+   - We saw an uptick in interest from the community on the dev boards which
+     corresponds to people trying the product prior to an official release,
+     which is a good sign.
  
  * How has the project developed since the last report
  
-  - We closed 20 more Jiras and are in the latest stages of releasing an Apache release.
+   - We closed 20 more Jiras and are in the latest stages of releasing an
+     Apache release.
-  - We added deployment automation for EC2 so trying out Metron in a multi-node environment is even easier
+   - We added deployment automation for EC2 so trying out Metron in a
-  - We integrated the CI environment that infra set up for us at our request so that unit tests and apache rat license checks are run on every pull request submitted
+     multi-node environment is even easier
+   - We integrated the CI environment that infra set up for us at our request
+     so that unit tests and apache rat license checks are run on every pull
+     request submitted
-  - We added support for indexing enriched sensor capture data into Apache Solr indexing as well as Elasticsearch
+   - We added support for indexing enriched sensor capture data into Apache
+     Solr indexing as well as Elasticsearch
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1155, +1267 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Import the software: The source code is already prepared and placed in
- repositories on GitHub – soon to be imported to Apache repositories. This
+      repositories on GitHub – soon to be imported to Apache repositories.
- includes a full Milagro MFA implementation.
+      This includes a full Milagro MFA implementation.
    2. Awareness among developers: Milagro announcement – during ApacheCon
- North America – May 2016
+      North America – May 2016
    3. General Awareness
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- n/a
- 
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- 
- No substantial developments to report.  The project is targeting
- community development following Apachecon presentations.
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
- 
- Project members are preparing to present the project at ApacheCon
- with a view to connecting with the wider Apache community and
- finding synergies with other projects.
- 
- Date of last release:
- 
    n/a
  
- When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
  
+   No substantial developments to report.  The project is targeting community
+   development following Apachecon presentations.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   Project members are preparing to present the project at ApacheCon with a
+   view to connecting with the wider Apache community and finding synergies
+   with other projects.
+ 
+ Date of last release:
+ 
+   n/a
+ 
+ When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
+ 
- February, as reported.
+   February, as reported.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1198, +1310 @@

  --------------------
  Mnemonic
  
- Mnemonic is a Java based non-volatile memory library for in-place structured data processing and computing.
+ Mnemonic is a Java based non-volatile memory library for in-place structured
+ data processing and computing.
  
  Mnemonic has been incubating since 2016-03-03.
  Mnemonic code was moved into ASF on 3/24
  
-  Various metrics for March are as follows:
+   Various metrics for March are as follows:
+ 
    +--------------------------------------------+
    |   Metric                         | counts  |
    +--------------------------------------------+
@@ -1218, +1332 @@

  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
    1. Apache releases: we are preparing 0.1.0 release
-   2. Expand and build strong community, keep active dev list discussions, adding new contributors
+   2. Expand and build strong community, keep active dev list discussions,
+      adding new contributors
    3. Develop new features
  
- Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
+ aware of?
+ 
- Everything is on track, nothing urgent at this time.
+   Everything is on track, nothing urgent at this time.
  
  
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- The project is in early stage in setting up the infra. In addition to contributors listed in Mnemonic proposal, we had one new contributor joined us. We are actively discuss with Arrow community in dev list for the idea on integration. Apache Arrow community is very interested in Mnemonic integration for extending Arrow into persistent memory and storage.
- 
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
- We ported source code in Apache on 3/24 after SGA was filed on 3/23. We are doing several refactorings and defining coding guidelines to fit Apache project standard.
+ 
+   The project is in early stage in setting up the infra. In addition to
+   contributors listed in Mnemonic proposal, we had one new contributor
+   joined us. We are actively discuss with Arrow community in dev list for
+   the idea on integration. Apache Arrow community is very interested in
+   Mnemonic integration for extending Arrow into persistent memory and
+   storage.
+ 
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   We ported source code in Apache on 3/24 after SGA was filed on 3/23. We
+   are doing several refactorings and defining coding guidelines to fit
+   Apache project standard.
+ 
- We are working on enabling Apache Arrow to use Mnemonic as underlying pooling mechanism.
+   We are working on enabling Apache Arrow to use Mnemonic as underlying
+   pooling mechanism.
+ 
- We are designing the native computing infrastructure, built native computing interface code.
+   We are designing the native computing infrastructure, built native
+   computing interface code.
+ 
- Bug tracking JIRA setup was done, 13 issues were filed. 4 issues were solved.
+   Bug tracking JIRA setup was done, 13 issues were filed. 4 issues were
+   solved.
+ 
- Mailing list discussions are happening actively related to infrastructure, code standard, features for the project.
+   Mailing list discussions are happening actively related to infrastructure,
+   code standard, features for the project.
  
- 
  Date of last release:
+ 
- No release yet, working on 0.1.0 release
+   No release yet, working on 0.1.0 release
  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
+ 
- No election, since the project is just starting.
+   No election, since the project is just starting.  As part of incubation
- As part of incubation process, initial committers and contributors were proposed and added.
+   process, initial committers and contributors were proposed and added.
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1267, +1400 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Make further releases capable of producing a downloadable RTOS image with support for multiple peripherals and network connectivity. Do subsequent releases to indicate thorough understanding, repeatability, and maturity of process.
+   1. Make further releases capable of producing a downloadable RTOS image
+      with support for multiple peripherals and network connectivity. Do
+      subsequent releases to indicate thorough understanding, repeatability,
+      and maturity of process.
-   2. Continue to develop and execute policies that enable project contributors to achieve self-governance
+   2. Continue to develop and execute policies that enable project
+      contributors to achieve self-governance
-   3. Expand community - attract new project contributors and users, grow committer base
+   3. Expand community - attract new project contributors and users, grow
+      committer base
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
@@ -1278, +1416 @@

  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- 1. Healthy, active mailing lists with increasing numbers of subscribers
+   1. Healthy, active mailing lists with increasing numbers of subscribers
- 2. Continual outside interest by 3rd parties. Outreach via conferences, exhibits, one on one meetings, beta testers, GSoC participation.
+   2. Continual outside interest by 3rd parties. Outreach via conferences,
+      exhibits, one on one meetings, beta testers, GSoC participation.
- 3. Vigorous discussions and implementation decisions via proposals and voting on @dev mailing list.
+   3. Vigorous discussions and implementation decisions via proposals and
+      voting on @dev mailing list.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- 1. Releases:  Two releases so far - first on 22nd Feb, next on 18th March
+   1. Releases:  Two releases so far - first on 22nd Feb, next on 18th March
-         - Identified and fixed license issues, regular process established to check for license issues esp. with third party software
+      - Identified and fixed license issues, regular process established to
+        check for license issues esp. with third party software
-         - Tagging process and release candidate naming process tested and used
+      - Tagging process and release candidate naming process tested and used
-         - Voting process and timelines established and used
+      - Voting process and timelines established and used
- 2. Documentation support: Several committers added documentation either through direct git pushes or pull requests on github mirror.
+   2. Documentation support: Several committers added documentation either
+      through direct git pushes or pull requests on github mirror.
- 3. Effort towards self governance:
+   3. Effort towards self governance:
-         - Two releases completed successfully.
+      - Two releases completed successfully.
-         - Two committer candidates going through voting for committer status after meeting threshold of patch submissions.
+      - Two committer candidates going through voting for committer status
+        after meeting threshold of patch submissions.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -1300, +1443 @@

  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
    At the start
- 
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1331, +1473 @@

  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
  
- Not many developers are active currently.
+   Not many developers are active currently.
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
- Several patches have been added to JIRA by community members. Issues have been reported.
+   Several patches have been added to JIRA by community members. Issues have
+   been reported.
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
- Several patches have been applied, a new release is planned.
+   Several patches have been applied, a new release is planned.
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -1347, +1490 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
- 2012-10-29
+   2012-10-29
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1407, +1550 @@

  --------------------
  Quarks
  
- Apache Quarks is a programming model and micro-kernel style runtime that can be embedded in gateways and small footprint edge devices enabling local, real-time, analytics on the continuous streams of data coming from equipment, vehicles, systems, appliances, devices and sensors of all kinds (for example, Raspberry Pis or smart phones). Working in conjunction with centralized analytic systems, Apache Quarks provides efficient and timely analytics across the whole IoT ecosystem: from the center to the edge.
+ Apache Quarks is a programming model and micro-kernel style runtime that can
+ be embedded in gateways and small footprint edge devices enabling local,
+ real-time, analytics on the continuous streams of data coming from
+ equipment, vehicles, systems, appliances, devices and sensors of all kinds
+ (for example, Raspberry Pis or smart phones). Working in conjunction with
+ centralized analytic systems, Apache Quarks provides efficient and timely
+ analytics across the whole IoT ecosystem: from the center to the edge.
  
  Quarks has been incubating since 2016-02-29.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Create and expand a diverse community of contributors and committers around Quarks project
+   1. Create and expand a diverse community of contributors and committers
+      around Quarks project
    2. Create the first Apache release of Quarks
-   3. Complete migration of website to host all content at Apache (javadoc is still on Github).
+   3. Complete migration of website to host all content at Apache (javadoc is
+      still on Github).
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
+ 
- Nothing jumps to mind.
+   Nothing jumps to mind.
  
- How has the community developed since the last report?
- The Quarks community is keeping dev-related conversations on the mailing list. Because of this, it's allowed for the participation of independent contributors in mailing list discussions. Although our list of independent contributors is small, Quarks is still very new as an Apache project and we aim to actively grow our list in the near future.
- 
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
- * The project has successfully migrated from Github-based development to using the Apache git repo, Jira, and the mailing lists.
  
- Date of last release:
+   The Quarks community is keeping dev-related conversations on the mailing
+   list. Because of this, it's allowed for the participation of independent
+   contributors in mailing list discussions. Although our list of independent
+   contributors is small, Quarks is still very new as an Apache project and
+   we aim to actively grow our list in the near future.
  
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
+   * The project has successfully migrated from Github-based development to
+     using the Apache git repo, Jira, and the mailing lists.
+ 
+ Date of last release:
+ 
- Quarks is still new, so we haven't created an Apache release as of yet.
+   Quarks is still new, so we haven't created an Apache release as of yet.
  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
+ 
- No changes from the initial committers.
+   No changes from the initial committers.
  
  Signed-off-by:
  
@@ -1468, +1628 @@

  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
    1. Added new contributors: 
-         (Bolke de Bruin,Deepak Sharma,Colm O hEigeartaigh,Tushar Dudhatra,mugdha.varadkar,pradeep.agrawal,mehul,ankita.sinha)
+         (Bolke de Bruin,Deepak Sharma,Colm O hEigeartaigh,Tushar
+         Dudhatra,mugdha.varadkar,pradeep.agrawal,mehul,ankita.sinha)
          Total Contributor Count: 23
    2. Mailing list activity since last report (Dec-01-2015 to Mar-31-2016):
-             @dev          1534
+         @dev          1534
-             @user          153
+         @user          153
-             @commit        345
+         @commit        345
    3. Issues (JIRAs) created/resolved since last report (after Dec-01-2015
       before Mar-31-2016):
-             Created:       153
+         Created:       153
-             Resolved:      140
+         Resolved:      140
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
@@ -1485, +1646 @@

          0.5.1 release on 01/26/2016
          0.5.2 release on 02/29/2016
    2. Members have been working on a next major release of 0.6.0
-      a. Working with new contributors to add HSM support for Apache Ranger KMS.
+      a. Working with new contributors to add HSM support for Apache Ranger
+         KMS.
-      b. Working to provide both Column-level-masking and Row-level-filtering support for data security
+      b. Working to provide both Column-level-masking and Row-level-filtering
+         support for data security
       c. Working to add Tag-Based authorization policies
  
  Date of last release:
@@ -1512, +1675 @@

  --------------------
  Rya
  
- Rya (pronounced "ree-uh" /rēə/) is a cloud-based RDF triple store that supports SPARQL queries. Rya is a scalable RDF data management system built on top of Accumulo. Rya uses novel storage methods, indexing schemes, and query processing techniques that scale to billions of triples across multiple nodes. Rya provides fast and easy access to the data through SPARQL, a conventional query mechanism for RDF data.
+ Rya (pronounced "ree-uh" /rēə/) is a cloud-based RDF triple store that
+ supports SPARQL queries. Rya is a scalable RDF data management system built
+ on top of Accumulo. Rya uses novel storage methods, indexing schemes, and
+ query processing techniques that scale to billions of triples across
+ multiple nodes. Rya provides fast and easy access to the data through
+ SPARQL, a conventional query mechanism for RDF data.
  
  Rya has been incubating since 2015-09-18.
  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Become familiar with the release process and have a first release as part of the Apache Foundation
+   1. Become familiar with the release process and have a first release as
-   2. Expand the "how to" document to explain the ways new contributors can become involved in the project, so we increase the size of the community.
+      part of the Apache Foundation
+   2. Expand the "how to" document to explain the ways new contributors can
+      become involved in the project, so we increase the size of the
+      community.
    3. Add new committers to the project.
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
  
- No
+   No
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
  
-    * We have a Rya "office hour" teleconference every other week. We had some technical difficulties with screen sharing, but we had a working solution for the last meeting. Users and developers can ask questions, receive answers, discuss ideas for future developments. The minutes are sent to the dev@ list.
-    * We have more PRs from non-committers which are integrated into the repository. We expect some of these non-committers to continue to submit PRs and become committers.
-    * There were several ideas from Rya for Google Summer of Code, and a few students expressed interest; one of them submitted a proposal
+    * We have a Rya "office hour" teleconference every other week. We had
+      some technical difficulties with screen sharing, but we had a working
+      solution for the last meeting. Users and developers can ask questions,
+      receive answers, discuss ideas for future developments. The minutes are
+      sent to the dev@ list.
+    * We have more PRs from non-committers which are integrated into the
+      repository. We expect some of these non-committers to continue to
+      submit PRs and become committers.
+    * There were several ideas from Rya for Google Summer of Code, and a few
+      students expressed interest; one of them submitted a proposal
  
  How has the project developed since the last report?
  
    * Created a quick-start VM for users to try out Rya.
    * Created a website for the project.
    * Resolved a handful of issues that users have encountered.
-   * Committed features: incremental update for precomputed join indices, extensions to query planning to support more complex precomputed join indices, free text search support for MongoDB, additional Geo indexing for MongoDB, extensions of examples for both Accumulo and MongoDB backed Rya
+   * Committed features: incremental update for precomputed join indices,
+     extensions to query planning to support more complex precomputed join
+     indices, free text search support for MongoDB, additional Geo indexing
+     for MongoDB, extensions of examples for both Accumulo and MongoDB backed
+     Rya
  
  
  Date of last release:
@@ -1668, +1850 @@

  
  Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  
-   1. Resolve LGPL dependency: This is in progress, and hopefully we will have
+   1. Resolve LGPL dependency: This is in progress, and hopefully we will
- the dependency license changed to a license that is compatible with AL2.
+      have the dependency license changed to a license that is compatible
+      with AL2.
    2. Make a release: nearing completion
    3. Grow a diverse community: We should put some emphasis on growing the
- community and making it diverse (the rule is at least three independent
+      community and making it diverse (the rule is at least three independent
- contributors)
+      contributors)
  
  Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
  aware of?
@@ -1686, +1869 @@

    2. Still working on transitioning users from Spark Kernel project into
       Toree.
    3. First external contribution made by user @dongjoon-hyun
-   4. Apache Toree was featured at SF Data Science meetup https://github.com/asimjalis/apache-toree-quickstart
+   4. Apache Toree was featured at SF Data Science meetup
+      https://github.com/asimjalis/apache-toree-quickstart
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -1724, +1908 @@

  
  
  How has the community developed since the last report?
+ 
- - We made our first release.
+   - We made our first release.
- - Elected new committer.
+   - Elected new committer.
- - Previously private fork (wiab.pro) opened the source code that includes many improvements that can be integrated back into main project.
- - Also, there's an active development in additional open source fork (swellrt) that potentially allows us to integrate back important features.
+   - Previously private fork (wiab.pro) opened the source code that includes
+     many improvements that can be integrated back into main project.
+   - Also, there's an active development in additional open source fork
+     (swellrt) that potentially allows us to integrate back important
+     features.
  
- 
  How has the project developed since the last report?
+ 
- - Replaced the old ANT build system with a new Gradle one.
+   - Replaced the old ANT build system with a new Gradle one.
- - Fixed a few bugs
+   - Fixed a few bugs
- - Made a few code improvements
+   - Made a few code improvements
- 
  
  Date of last release:
  
@@ -1742, +1929 @@

  
  When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  
- February 2016
+   February 2016
  
  Signed-off-by:
  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cvs-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cvs-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message