incubator-cvs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From cross...@apache.org
Subject svn commit: r370716 [5/11] - in /incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2: ./ guides/ incubation/ ip-clearance/ learn/ projects/ projects/agila/ projects/geronimo/
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 03:11:54 GMT
Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,259 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties>
+    <title>geronimo
+</title>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="Geronimo+Project+Incubation+status" name="Geronimo Project Incubation status">
+      <subsection id="Apache+Geronimo+Now+A+Top+Level+Project" name="Apache Geronimo Now A Top Level Project">
+        <p>The Apache Geronimo project has completed incubation. Please go to
+the main project site :
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <a href="http://geronimo.apache.org/">http://geronimo.apache.org/
+</a>
+        </p>
+        <p>This page tracked the project status, incubator-wise. Items marked
+
+          <strong>DONE
+</strong>have been completed.
+
+        </p>
+        <p>This page is of historical interest only.
+</p>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+    <section id="News" name="News">
+      <subsection id="2003-11-11" name="2003-11-11">
+        <p>We have recieved a mail
+
+          <a href="geronimo/20031031_jboss.pdf">a letter on behalf of the JBoss Group, LCC dated October 31, 2003
+</a>that asks for clarifications regarding similarity between parts of
+the Geronimo codebase and the JBoss codebase.
+
+        </p>
+        <p>We are thus in the process of actively reviewing not only the
+specific claims but also the code base in general.
+</p>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Project+Website" name="Project Website">
+      <p>A small info page for Geronimo can be found
+
+        <a href="geronimo/index.html">here
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>The wiki for Geronimo is at
+
+        <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/">http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/
+</a>
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Identify+the+project+to+be+incubated" name="Identify the project to be incubated">
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
+check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
+trademarked for an existing software product.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>If request from an existing Apache project to adopt an external
+package, then ask the Apache project for the cvs module and mail
+address names.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>If request from outside Apache to enter an existing Apache project,
+then post a message to that project for them to decide on acceptance.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>If request from anywhere to become a stand-alone PMC, then assess the
+fit with the ASF, and create the lists and modules under the
+incubator address/module names if accepted.
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Interim+responsibility" name="Interim responsibility">
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Who has been identified as the Mentor for the incubation?
+
+      </p>
+      <p>Geir Magnusson Jr. Jim Jagielski
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Are they tracking progress in the file
+
+      </p>
+      <p>incubator/projects/{project_name}/status
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Copyright" name="Copyright">
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Have the papers that transfer rights to the ASF been received? It is
+only necessary to transfer rights for the package, the core code, and
+any new code produced by the project.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>(new codebase)
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Have the files been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright?
+
+      </p>
+      <p>Verify distribution rights:
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>For all code included with the distribution that is not under the
+Apache license, do we have the right to combine with Apache-licensed
+code and redistribute?
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>done except for questions about the Sun j2ee schemas. We are waiting
+for information from Geir on the Sun and Apache position on this
+question.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Is all source code distributed by the project covered by one or more
+of the following approved licenses: Apache, BSD, Artistic, MIT/X,
+MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially the same terms?
+
+      </p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Check all clarification requests from the JBoss group, and in
+particular check that
+
+          <a href="geronimo/20031031_jboss.pdf">this letter dated 2003-10-31
+</a>has been properly addressed. These claims were extensively researched
+by many Apache contributors and Geronimo committers. The official
+conclusions are ???
+
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Establish+a+list+of+active+committers" name="Establish a list of active committers">
+      <ul>
+        <li>Are all active committers in the STATUS file?
+
+          <strong>DONE
+</strong>Do they have accounts on cvs.apache.org?
+
+          <strong>DONE
+</strong>Have they submitted a contributors agreement?
+
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Infrastructure" name="Infrastructure">
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>CVS modules created and committers added to avail file?
+
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Mailing lists set up and archived?
+
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Problem tracking system (JIRA)?
+
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Has the project migrated to our infrastructure?
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Collaborative+Development" name="Collaborative Development">
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified and
+acknowledged as committers on the project?
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Are there three or more independent committers?
+
+      </p>
+      <p>(The legal definition of independent is long and boring, but
+basically it means that there is no binding relationship between the
+individuals, such as a shared employer, that is capable of overriding
+their free will as individuals, directly or indirectly.)
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>DONE
+</strong>Are project decisions being made in public by the committers?
+
+      </p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of
+the committers?
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+status+reports" name="Incubation status reports">
+      <subsection id="2004-01-20" name="2004-01-20">
+        <source>Status report for the Incubator Geronimo Project * is the STATUS file
+up to date? (also post link) Yes
+/home/cvs/incubator/site/projects/geronimo.cwiki * any legal,
+cross-project or personal issues that still need to be addressed? A
+serious legal issue was raised by JBoss Group LLC in a letter dated
+10/31/2003. This issue has been thoroughly investigated and the
+conclusion of the community is that the issues raised in the letter
+are unfounded. A question has arisen whether it is permissible to
+include XML Schema documents for J2EE deployment descriptors in CVS.
+We have raised the issue with Sun and are awaiting a response. * what
+has been done for incubation since the last report? The establishment
+of a PPMC has aided the organization of the project. Added Gianny
+D'Amour as committer. The community voted to keep the name "Geronimo"
+The ASF has become a J2EE licensee, allowing us to start the
+certification process. * plans and expectations for the next period?
+To start testing with the J2EE TCK. To work with the Incubator PMC to
+provide an interim release allowing people to use Geronimo without
+building from source making it available to a larger community. To
+address any remaining issues before applying to leave the Incubator.
+* any recommendations for how incubation could run more smoothly for
+you? The establishment of the PPMC has been a great help.
+</source>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Organizational+acceptance+of+responsibility+for+the+project" name="Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project">
+      <p>If graduating to an existing PMC, has the PMC voted to accept it?
+(Not applicable)
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>If graduating to a new PMC, has the board voted to accept it?
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubator+sign-off" name="Incubator sign-off">
+      <ul>
+        <li>Has the Incubator decided that the project has accomplished all of
+the above tasks?
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>Other issues: 2003/12/21 vote on keeping the name Geronimo +1
+jboynes, dblevins, adc, gstein, jdillon, djencks, dims, chirino,
+dain, janb, gregwilkins, bsnyder, rmonson, jules, geir -1 jstrachan
+Decision made on 2003/12/24 to keep the name Geronimo
+</p>
+      <p>List of active committers: (see also the root project.xml maven
+control file)
+</p>
+      <p>Jan Bartel Jeremy Boynes Alan Cabrera Hiram Chinirio Gianni Damour
+Jason Dillon Jules Gosnell David Jencks Richard Monson-Haefel Aaron
+Mulder Bruce Snyder James Strachan Dain Sundstrom Greg Wilkins
+</p>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native

Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/geronimo-proposal.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/geronimo-proposal.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/geronimo-proposal.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/geronimo-proposal.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,227 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties>
+    <title>Proposal for an Apache J2EE Server Project
+</title>
+    <authors>
+      <person email="general@incubator.apache.org" name="The Apache Incubator Project"/>
+    </authors>
+    <abstract>Apache Geronimo - J2EE Container
+</abstract>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="Submission+Date+and+Submitters" name="Submission Date and Submitters">
+      <p>05 Aug 2003 : Geir Magnusson Jr., James Strachan and Richard
+Monson-Haefel
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+0+%3A+Rationale" name="Section 0 : Rationale">
+      <p>The Java 2, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) platform is employed widely by
+organizations implementing enterprise applications. It is commonly
+used in business-to-consumer and most recently in Web service
+deployments. Most of the largest business organizations today have
+deployed applications on a J2EE platform.
+</p>
+      <p>While the J2EE specification is implemented by a number of large and
+small vendors, there is no open source J2EE container available with
+a BSD or BSD-derived licence nor is there an open source project
+today that provides a fully compliant implementation. Verifiable
+compliance with the J2EE specification is important to business
+because it ensures that applications deployed by developers are
+portable and interoperable across J2EE providers. As a result
+organizations large and small have felt compelled to pay thousands of
+dollars to commercial vendors in order to deploy applications based
+on J2EE compliant servers.
+</p>
+      <p>The Apache foundation supports several projects that implement pieces
+of the J2EE platform such as Servlets, JSP, Tag Libraries, and a Web
+services stack. However, Apache does not currently support a J2EE
+project.
+</p>
+      <p>The aim of the project is to produce a large and healthy community of
+J2EE developers tasked with the development of an open source,
+certified J2EE server which is ASF licensed and passes Sun's TCK
+reusing the best ASF/BSD licensed code available today and adding new
+code to complete the J2EE stack.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+0.1+%3A+criteria" name="Section 0.1 : criteria">
+      <p>We feel that this project has a good chance for success as the
+following project aspects are carefully considered :
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Meritocracy: The project will be meritocratic - the usual Apache
+meritocracy rules would apply.
+</li>
+        <li>Community: The user community for this project is potentially
+massive. The initial developer community for this project consists of
+developers from Apache, Castor, JBoss, mx4j, and OpenEJB projects.
+The aim is for this community to grow considerably once this project
+goes public.
+</li>
+        <li>Core Developers: The initial developers are listed below and consist
+of some existing Apache committers together with committers from
+Castor, JBoss, mx4j and OpenEJB. We believe that as the project
+grows, the modular nature of the J2EE stack will require steady
+expansion of the committer group that is considered 'core' - thus
+providing a healthier, more robust developer community.
+</li>
+        <li>Alignment: There is clear alignment with many existing Apache
+projects. From Jakarta projects such as Tomcat, James and log4j
+initially as well as possibly others along the way. J2EE now includes
+a web services stack and so there will be some alignment with the WS
+project, Axis in particular, along with the reuse of several XML
+projects. In addition the J2EE Server project may reuse other ASF/BSD
+licensed code which is not currently hosted in source form at Apache
+such as (at time of writing) mx4j, openjms and tyrex.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>However we see the J2EE Server project as a separate project to
+existing Apache projects, serving two primary roles
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>integration of various existing and new code bases into a J2EE stack,
+with those codebases existing both inside and outside of the project
+</li>
+        <li>certification of the J2EE stack
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>Note that the J2EE server project can happily support competition
+within the J2EE services stack (for example, offering choices for
+elements such as the servlet engine like Tomcat or Jetty, or some new
+JTA implementation versus Tyrex or some new JMS implementation versus
+OpenJMS etc).
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+0.2+%3A++warning+signs" name="Section 0.2 : warning signs">
+      <p>We feel that this project has a good chance for success as the
+following warning signs do not apply to the project we are proposing :
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Orphaned products: This project is starting with a new code base
+together with reusing lots of the currently available high quality
+J2EE open source code out there which is ASF/BSD licensed.
+</li>
+        <li>Inexperience with open source: The initial community is made up of
+existing Apache, Castor, JBoss, mx4j , and OpenEJB committers.
+</li>
+        <li>Homogeneous developers: The current list of committers represents
+developers from various backgrounds and open source projects,
+employed by various companies and based around the globe in the US,
+Europe, Asia and Australia. There will be no majority bloc, at least
+from the start.
+</li>
+        <li>Reliance on salaried developers: None of the initial developers are
+currently paid to work on the J2EE project.
+</li>
+        <li>No ties to other Apache products: The J2EE Server project is
+complementary to existing technologies at Apache. Indeed it will
+integrate many of those technologies in an effort to provide a code
+base that can be J2EE certified according to the JCP process.
+</li>
+        <li>A fascination with the Apache brand: The committers are interested in
+developing a healthy open source community around an ASF/BSD licensed
+J2EE certified server, whether Apache is the right place or not. The
+aspects of Apache that attract this effort are the experienced
+stewardship of open source projects by the ASF, the non-profit status
+of the ASF for TCK certification, and the existing Java community
+that has been a longstanding part of the ASF.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+1+%3A+scope+of+the+project" name="Section 1 : scope of the project">
+      <p>There are two main aspects to this Apache project :
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>a complete J2EE certified server which is fully ASF/BSD licensed and
+backed by a healthy open source community.
+</li>
+        <li>to create a fully modular J2EE stack so that the Apache community can
+use whichever parts of the J2EE stack they require separate from the
+J2EE server project.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+2+%3A+initial+source+from+which+the+project+is+to+be+populated" name="Section 2 : initial source from which the project is to be populated">
+      <p>There are several potential initial contributions. Upon formation of
+the project our first action will be an open, public call for
+contribution and comment from the J2EE community. Because of recent
+circumstances in the J2EE OSS community, all code proposed for
+inclusion must be publicly reviewed and open to public comment.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+3%3A+identify+the+ASF+resources+to+be+created" name="Section 3: identify the ASF resources to be created">
+      <subsection id="Section+3.1+%3A+mailing+lists" name="Section 3.1 : mailing lists">
+        <ul>
+          <li>geronimo-dev
+</li>
+          <li>geronimo-user
+</li>
+        </ul>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Section+3.2%3A+CVS+repositories" name="Section 3.2: CVS repositories">
+        <ul>
+          <li>geronimo
+</li>
+        </ul>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Section+3.3%3A+Bugzilla" name="Section 3.3: Bugzilla">
+        <ul>
+          <li>geronimo
+</li>
+        </ul>
+        <p>Though would there be an issue with using JIRA?
+</p>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+4%3A+identify+the+initial+set+of+committers" name="Section 4: identify the initial set of committers">
+      <p>The committers are listed below, along with the open source
+project(s) where they also have commit privileges.
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Bruce Snyder (Castor JDO)
+</li>
+        <li>Dain Sundstrom (JBoss)
+</li>
+        <li>David Blevins (OpenEJB)
+</li>
+        <li>David Jencks (JBoss)
+</li>
+        <li>Geir Magnusson Jr. (Apache)
+</li>
+        <li>Greg Wilkins (JBoss/Jetty)
+</li>
+        <li>James Strachan (Apache)
+</li>
+        <li>Jan Bartel (JBoss/Jetty)
+</li>
+        <li>Jason Dillon (JBoss)
+</li>
+        <li>Jeremy Boynes (JBoss)
+</li>
+        <li>Jim Jagielski (Apache)
+</li>
+        <li>Jules Golsnell (JBoss/Jetty)
+</li>
+        <li>Richard Monson-Haefel (OpenEJB)
+</li>
+        <li>Remigio Chirino (JBoss)
+</li>
+        <li>Simone Bordet (mx4j)
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Section+5%3A+identify+apache+sponsoring+individual" name="Section 5: identify apache sponsoring individual">
+      <ul>
+        <li>Ceki Gulcu
+</li>
+        <li>Geir Magnusson Jr.
+</li>
+        <li>James Strachan
+</li>
+        <li>Jim Jagielski
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/geronimo-proposal.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native

Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/index.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/index.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/index.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/index.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,417 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties>
+    <title>Apache Geronimo
+</title>
+    <authors>
+      <person email="general@incubator.apache.org" name="The Apache Incubator Project"/>
+    </authors>
+    <abstract>Apache Geronimo - J2EE Container
+</abstract>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="Overview" name="Overview">
+      <p>Apache Geronimo is a new effort coordinated by the Apache Software
+Foundation to make a J2EE compatible container. Please read the
+
+        <a href="geronimo-proposal.html">proposal
+</a>that started the project in the incubator. We are also tracking our
+
+        <a href="../../projects/geronimo.html">status progressing through incubation
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>For more information, please read the latest snapshot of the
+
+        <a href="#FAQ">FAQ
+</a>below or look at the
+
+        <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/">geronimo wiki
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>This is the official site for Geronimo while it's in the incubation
+phase at Apache. We have an alpha version of our
+
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/">future project site
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="How+do+I+get+Involved%3F" name="How do I get Involved?">
+      <p>
+        <strong>Quick Summary
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Subscribe to the
+
+          <a href="#Mailing+Lists">mail lists
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>Download code and materials from
+
+          <a href="#Where+is+the+source+and+download%3F">CVS
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>Read the
+
+          <a href="#FAQ">FAQ
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>Participate and contribute!
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>The most important step is to join the
+
+        <a href="#Mailing+Lists">mailing list
+</a>It is not necessary to post a "Hi" message or to join the project. By
+subscribing to the list, you're joining the project. After that, it
+is all down to participation.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>As with all
+
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/">Apache
+</a>projects, the usual form is to get the project's source via CVS
+tools, join the mailing list(s), find something to do, and submit a
+patch to the mailing list for their approval and application.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>We assume that patch donators are familiar with CVS, diff and patch.
+If you are not familiar with those tools, or want additional
+information about how things work, here are some links:
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>
+          <a href="http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html">Apache Contributors Technical Guide
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>
+          <a href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html">Jakarta's Get Involved page.
+</a>
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>Geronimo, if it passes the incubation stage, will become an
+
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/">Apache
+</a>project. As an Apache project, the Apache approach to open source
+community and development will apply. If you aren't familar with how
+things are done by Apache projects, please familiarize yourself with
+the information available on the
+
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org">site
+</a>. Here are some good selections from the Jakarta project site that
+should help you understand the Apache community process :
+
+      </p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>
+          <a href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html">Roles and Responsibilities
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>
+          <a href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html">Decision Making
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>
+          <a href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html">Source Repositories
+</a>
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Mailing+Lists" name="Mailing Lists">
+      <p>Apache Geronimo has two mailing lists of interest, the geronimo-dev
+list, where all the discussion occurs, and the geronimo-cvs list,
+which receives commit mails each time a commit is made to the
+incubator-geronimo
+
+        <a href="#Where+is+the+source+and+download%3F">CVS
+</a>module.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>You can subscribe to the mailing lists by sending an email to one or
+both of the following addresses :
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>
+          <a href="mailto:geronimo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org">geronimo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
+</a>
+        </li>
+        <li>
+          <a href="mailto:geronimo-cvs-subscribe@incubator.apache.org">geronimo-cvs-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
+</a>
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>To send a message to the Geronimo mailing list without subscribing,
+try the following link:
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>
+          <a href="mailto:geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org">geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
+</a>
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>
+        <strong>However
+</strong>, unless you subscribe to the list, you may not get a response.
+Subscribing to the list is how you join the project, and follow
+events.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>There is also a
+
+        <a href="http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=140">mailing list archive
+</a>, where you can catch up on prior discussion.
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="The+Wiki" name="The Wiki">
+      <p>The project Wiki is
+
+        <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/">here
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Where+is+the+source+and+download%3F" name="Where is the source and download?">
+      <p>We have a number of code donations "on deck" which are being
+evaluated. Once those donations are processed, then they will be
+checked into the Apache Geronimo CVS module.
+</p>
+      <p>The CVS module is named
+
+        <code>incubator-geronimo
+</code>. Here is an example of checking out Apache Geronimo with the CVS
+command-line client:
+
+      </p>
+      <source xml:space="preserve">$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic $
+cvs login Logging in to
+:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic CVS password: $
+cvs checkout incubator-geronimo ...
+</source>
+      <note>Use "anoncvs" for the anoncvs user's CVS password.
+</note>
+      <p>The code can be browsed through ViewCVS at
+
+        <a href="http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator-geronimo/">http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator-geronimo/
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="FAQ" name="FAQ">
+      <note>Updated : 2003-08-07 1500 GMT
+</note>
+      <note>The following is a snapshot from the FAQ on the Apache Wiki. It's
+here for your convenience, but may be out of date at any moment. For
+updated information, please go to the
+
+        <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/">geronimo wiki
+</a>.
+
+      </note>
+      <p>These are questions that have come up on the mailing list so far.
+They are unofficial, but are best efforts by community members to
+record useful answers.
+</p>
+      <p>Some questions are unanswered as yet. Have an answer? Please discuss
+it on the mailing list, and record the conclusion here.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: I'd like to find out more and help etc. What do I do next?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: Participation on the project is via the mailing list and the
+source code repository. You join by joining the mailing list, and by
+participating in discussion. You help by contributing your ideas,
+enthusiasm, code, documentation, tests, and intangibles.
+</p>
+      <p>The fundamental tenet of the ASF is that Great Communities build
+great code. The emphasis is on Community; the code comes from that.
+If you want to help, just join the mailing list, see what needs to be
+done, and do it.
+</p>
+      <p>Welcome. :-)
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Where is the mailing list? How do I subscribe?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: The mailing list is geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org. You
+subscribe by sending e-mail to
+
+        <a href="mailto:geronimo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org">[geronimo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org]
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Is there an archive?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A:
+
+        <a href="http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=140">[Apache J2EE Archives]
+</a>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Can you mail me if you're interested in me helping.
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: That's not how open source communities generally work. To the
+people who have asked to be contacted if Apache are interested, it's
+unlikely that this will happen with all the huge interest that this
+has generated. Better to stay in touch with the mailing list.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Where is the Apache CVS module
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: incubator-geronimo
+
+        <a href="http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator-geronimo">[Browse CVS]
+</a>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: The CVS module is empty, is there an issue
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: No. The initial committers have not publicly released the base
+code. Be patient.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Will it involve JBoss code.
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: No.
+</p>
+      <p>This is a new Apache project, running under Apache guidelines. The
+Apache Software Foundation accepts only voluntary contributions of
+material from authors who possess the legal right to donate it.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Will it &lt;insert some technical phrase here&gt;?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: It's probably worth holding these questions off for the moment.
+This project is bringing together members and contributions from many
+existing J2EE communities, and is just starting to come together.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: What are the rules for Geronimo?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: See the
+
+        <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/">[Apache Incubator]
+</a>web site.
+
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: What's the website?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A:
+
+        <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/projects/geronimo.html">[Apache J2EE Project]
+</a>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: What tools do I need to learn?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: CVS. patch. Using a mail list.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Relationship to JBoss and in particular, the JBoss source base.
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: Several (former) JBoss committers are Geronimo committers. The
+JBoss codebase cannot, and will not, be used, at all (it is LGPL).
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Does Geronimo replace Tomcat, JSTL etc.
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: No. Geronimo includes other services like Tomcat or Jetty for the
+web container, OpenJMS for the JMS, Tyrex for the transaction manager
+etc. So Geroimo focusses on being the J2EE container allowing other
+services to drop in via JMX.
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: What other projects will Geronimo reuse?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>A: We suspect in the grand scheme of things to reuse various existing
+open source projects. Anything which has a suitable BSD / ASF licence
+is up for grabs. e.g. the following is a likely list of the things
+well be using (though in no way is this definitive)...
+</p>
+      <p>From the ASF licenced projects...
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>MX4J for JMX
+</li>
+        <li>Tomcat or Jetty for Web Container
+</li>
+        <li>Axis for Web Services Stack
+</li>
+        <li>James for email
+</li>
+        <li>OJB for JDO
+</li>
+        <li>commons-jndi for JNDI
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>As well as some non-ASF licenced stuff which is BSD licenced
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>OpenJms for JMS
+</li>
+        <li>Tyrex for Transaction Manager
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>As well as the usual infrastructure...
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>commons-logging / log4j for logging
+</li>
+        <li>Xerces for XML parsing
+</li>
+        <li>maybe more of JakartaCommons as needed
+</li>
+        <li>Maven for building the distributions &amp; website
+</li>
+        <li>JUnit for unit testing
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>(1) There is currently a JNDI implementation in Tomcat's CVS. It
+might be better to move this to Jakarta Commons so we can all work &amp;
+extend it - there are various features from Jetty and OpenEjb we'd
+like to add?
+</p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Administration Overview such as an amalgamation of many projects
+or one large project with subject areas.
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Timeline to 1.0 (what does it include).
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: Will Geronimo be compliant with Sun's CTS.
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: What is Geronimo's Architectural vision and what does the back
+plane look like (i.e., is it JMX based?).
+</strong>
+      </p>
+      <p>
+        <strong>Q: What standards are targeted and which are under active development?
+</strong>
+      </p>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/geronimo/index.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native

Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/graffito.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/graffito.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/graffito.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/graffito.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,470 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties><!--
+
+    <meta content="HTML Tidy, see www.w3.org" name="generator"/>-->
+<!--
+
+    <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"/>-->
+
+    <title>Graffito
+</title>
+    <link href="http://purl.org/DC/elements/1.0/" rel="schema.DC"/>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="Graffito+Project+Incubation+Status" name="Graffito Project Incubation Status">
+      <p>This page tracks the project status, incubator-wise. For more general
+project status, look on the project website.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Description" name="Description">
+      <p>Graffito (formerly JCMS) is dedicated to build a complete CMS
+solution on top of existing content management frameworks (like Slide
+or Jackrabbit). One of the design goals of Graffito is to be easily
+integrated in a JSR-168 portal environment like Pluto or Jetspeed 2.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="News" name="News">
+      <ul>
+        <li>none yet
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Project+info" name="Project info">
+      <table>
+        <tr>
+          <th>item
+</th>
+          <th>type
+</th>
+          <th>reference
+</th>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Website
+</td>
+          <td>www
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/">http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>wiki
+</td>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Mailing list
+</td>
+          <td>dev
+</td>
+          <td>graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>svn
+</td>
+          <td>graffito-commits@incubator.apache.org
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Bug tracking
+</td>
+          <td>jira
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10661">http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10661
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Source code
+</td>
+          <td>SVN
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/graffito/">https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/graffito/
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Mentors
+</td>
+          <td>raphael
+</td>
+          <td>Raphael Luta
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Committers
+</td>
+          <td>taylor
+</td>
+          <td>David S. Taylor
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>raphael
+</td>
+          <td>Raphael Luta
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>clombart
+</td>
+          <td>Christophe Lombart
+</td>
+        </tr>
+      </table>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+status+reports" name="Incubation status reports">
+      <subsection id="2005-4-25" name="2005-4-25">
+        <pre>1) Is the STATUS file up to date? Yes 2) Any legal, cross-project or
+personal issues that still need to be addressed? no 3) What has been
+done for incubation since the last report? * The most important work
+was made on the Jetspeed 2 integration &amp; building some JSR-168
+portlets. There is a content tree view, a document viewer and an
+admin browser portlet. Futhermore, we have integrate an HTML editor
+(Kupu). * Some work has been done for the security management (fine
+grain access control, permission management, JAAS support, ...). * We
+have started raising awareness and promoting the project on some
+other Apache and non-Apache lists in order build further the
+community. * New developers have started collaborating with the core
+team on Graffito work, especially JCR mapping tools. 4) Plans and
+expectations for the next period? * Implementing our JCR mapping
+framework with Jackrabbit. * XML editor integration. * A Graffito
+implementation for the Jetspeed 2 page manager. * Continue our work
+on the JSR-168 portlets (search &amp; version management). * Start a site
+demo with a Jetspeed integration * We expect the committer base to
+expand during next period given the current developer participation
+on the dev mailing-lists. 5) Any recommendations for how incubation
+could run more smoothly for you? None so far.
+</pre>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="2005-1-14" name="2005-1-14">
+        <pre>1) Is the STATUS file up to date? Yes 2) Any legal, cross-project or
+personal issues that still need to be addressed? * Software grant has
+been recieved by the ASF. * All trademark issues with project name
+have been resolved. * We have renamed the JCMS project as Graffito to
+avoid naming confusion with Jalios JCMS, another Java based CMS
+system. 3) What has been done for incubation since the last report? *
+We cleaned up repository, site, build process, site deployment and
+publishing to help new users and developers jump into the project. *
+Christophe Lombart account has been created and karma granted * ASF
+Infrastructure has been set up for Graffito * We are working on the
+Jetspeed 2 integration &amp; building JSR 168 portlets. 4) Plans and
+expectations for the next period? * Add more info in the Graffito
+site * WEBDAV integration * More work on Jetspeed 2 integration,
+building portlets. * Introduce Graffito to some important to related
+projects: Slide, JackRabbit, Jetspeed ... in order to grow the
+development community 5) Any recommendations for how incubation could
+run more smoothly for you? None so far. All is well.
+</pre>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+work+items" name="Incubation work items">
+      <subsection id="Project+Setup" name="Project Setup">
+        <p>This is the first phase on incubation, needed to start the project at
+Apache.
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <em>Item assignment is shown by the Apache id.
+</em>
+          <em>Completed tasks are shown by the completion date (YYYY-MM-dd).
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Identify+the+project+to+be+incubated" name="Identify the project to be incubated">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-09-20
+</td>
+              <td>Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
+check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
+trademarked for an existing software product. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>If request from an existing Apache project to adopt an external
+package, then ask the Apache project for the cvs module and mail
+address names.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-09-13
+</td>
+              <td>If request from outside Apache to enter an existing Apache project,
+then post a message to that project for them to decide on acceptance.
+(raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>If request from anywhere to become a stand-alone PMC, then assess the
+fit with the ASF, and create the lists and modules under the
+incubator address/module names if accepted.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Interim+responsibility" name="Interim responsibility">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-09-13
+</td>
+              <td>Identify all the Mentors for the incubation, by asking all that can
+be Mentors. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-09-20
+</td>
+              <td>Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-06
+</td>
+              <td>Give all Mentors access to all incubator CVS modules. (to be done by
+PMC chair) (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-06
+</td>
+              <td>Tell Mentors to track progress in the file
+'incubator/projects/{project.name}.cwiki' (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Copyright" name="Copyright">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-27
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
+been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
+package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
+(raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-27
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
+updated to reflect the new ASF copyright. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Verify+distribution+rights" name="Verify distribution rights">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-29
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that for all code included with the distribution
+that is not under the Apache license, e have the right to combine
+with Apache-licensed code and redistribute. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-29
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that all source code distributed by the project
+is covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
+BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
+the same terms. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Establish+a+list+of+active+committers+%21" name="Establish a list of active committers !">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-27
+</td>
+              <td>Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors
+agreement. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-12-12
+</td>
+              <td>Add all active committers in the STATUS file. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-12-23
+</td>
+              <td>Ask root for the creation of committers' accounts on cvs.apache.org.
+(raphal)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Infrastructure+%21" name="Infrastructure !">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-01-03
+</td>
+              <td>Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant the
+committers karma. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-12-28
+</td>
+              <td>Ask infrastructure to set up and archive Mailing lists. (raphael)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-01-07
+</td>
+              <td>Decide about and then ask infrastructure to setup an issuetracking
+system (Bugzilla, Scarab, Jira).
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-01-08
+</td>
+              <td>Migrate the project to our infrastructure.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Project+specific" name="Project specific">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-12-27
+</td>
+              <td>Renamed JCMS to Graffito to avoid naming conflict with Jalios JCMS,
+another Java CMS package
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Incubation" name="Incubation">
+        <p>These action items have to be checked for during the whole incubation
+process.
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <em>These items are not to be signed as done during incubation, as they
+may change during incubation.
+</em>
+          <em>They are to be looked into and described in the status reports and
+completed in the request for incubation signoff.
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Collaborative+Development" name="Collaborative Development">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified and
+acknowledged as committers on the project?
+</li>
+            <li>Are there three or more independent committers? (The legal definition
+of independent is long and boring, but basically it means that there
+is no binding relationship between the individuals, such as a shared
+employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as
+individuals, directly or indirectly.)
+</li>
+            <li>Are project decisions being made in public by the committers?
+</li>
+            <li>Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of
+the committers?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Licensing+awareness" name="Licensing awareness">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Are all licensing, trademark, credit issues being taken care of and
+acknowleged by all committers?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Project+Specific" name="Project Specific">
+          <p>
+            <em>Add project specific tasks here.
+</em>
+          </p>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Exit" name="Exit">
+        <p>
+          <em>Things to check for before voting the project out.
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Organizational+acceptance+of+responsibility+for+the+project" name="Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project">
+          <ul>
+            <li>If graduating to an existing PMC, has the PMC voted to accept it?
+</li>
+            <li>If graduating to a new PMC, has the board voted to accept it?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Incubator+sign-off" name="Incubator sign-off">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Has the Incubator decided that the project has accomplished all of
+the above tasks?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/graffito.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native

Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/harmony.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/harmony.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/harmony.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/harmony.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,510 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties><!--
+
+    <meta content="HTML Tidy, see www.w3.org" name="generator"/>-->
+<!--
+
+    <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"/>-->
+
+    <title>Apache Harmony Incubation Status
+</title>
+    <link href="http://purl.org/DC/elements/1.0/" rel="schema.DC"/>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="Apache+Harmony+Project+Incubation+Status" name="Apache Harmony Project Incubation Status">
+      <p>This page tracks the project status, incubator-wise. For more general
+project status, look on the project website.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Description" name="Description">
+      <p>The Apache Harmony Project will create  a modular VM and classlibrary
+architecture, and using it, create a compatible implementation of
+J2SE 5.
+
+        <br/>
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="News" name="News">
+      <ul>
+        <li>2005-05-18 Project accepted by the Incubator PMC
+</li>
+        <li>2005-05-06 Project proposed to the Incubator PMC
+
+          <br/>
+        </li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Project+info" name="Project info">
+      <ul>
+        <li>link to the main website
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <ul>
+        <li>link to the page(s) that tell how to participate (Website,Mailing
+lists,Bug tracking,Source code)
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <ul>
+        <li>link to the project status file (Committers,non-incubation action
+items,project resources, etc)
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>If the project website and code repository are not yet setup, use the
+following table:
+</p>
+      <table>
+        <tr>
+          <th>item
+</th>
+          <th>type
+</th>
+          <th>reference
+</th>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Website
+</td>
+          <td>www
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/">http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>wiki
+</td>
+          <td>http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/
+
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Mailing list
+</td>
+          <td>dev
+</td>
+          <td>harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>svn
+</td>
+          <td>harmony-commits@incubator.apache.org
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Bug tracking
+</td>
+          <td>JIRA
+
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Source code
+</td>
+          <td>svn
+
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Mentors
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Noel Bergman
+
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Ben Laurie
+
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Geir Magnusson Jr.
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Stefano Mazzocchi
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Sam Ruby
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Leo Simons
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>
+            <br/>
+          </td>
+          <td>Davanum Srinivas
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Committers
+</td>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Extra
+</td>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+        </tr>
+      </table>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+status+reports" name="Incubation status reports">
+      <ul>
+        <li>none yet
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+work+items" name="Incubation work items">
+      <subsection id="Project+Setup" name="Project Setup">
+        <p>This is the first phase on incubation, needed to start the project at
+Apache.
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <em>Item assignment is shown by the Apache id.
+</em>
+          <em>Completed tasks are shown by the completion date (YYYY-MM-dd).
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Identify+the+project+to+be+incubated" name="Identify the project to be incubated">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
+check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
+trademarked for an existing software product.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>N/A
+
+                <br/>
+              </td>
+              <td>If request from an existing Apache project to adopt an external
+package, then ask the Apache project for the cvs module and mail
+address names.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>N/A
+
+                <br/>
+              </td>
+              <td>If request from outside Apache to enter an existing Apache project,
+then post a message to that project for them to decide on acceptance.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-05-18
+</td>
+              <td>If request from anywhere to become a stand-alone PMC, then assess the
+fit with the ASF, and create the lists and modules under the
+incubator address/module names if accepted.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Interim+responsibility" name="Interim responsibility">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-05-06
+</td>
+              <td>Identify all the Mentors for the incubation, by asking all that can
+be Mentors.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-05-06
+
+                <br/>
+              </td>
+              <td>Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>TBD
+
+                <br/>
+              </td>
+              <td>Give all Mentors access to all incubator CVS modules. (to be done by
+PMC chair)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>TBD
+
+                <br/>
+              </td>
+              <td>Tell Mentors to track progress in the file
+'incubator/projects/harmony.html'
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Copyright" name="Copyright">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
+been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
+package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
+updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Verify+distribution+rights" name="Verify distribution rights">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that for all code included with the distribution
+that is not under the Apache license, e have the right to combine
+with Apache-licensed code and redistribute.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that all source code distributed by the project
+is covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
+BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
+the same terms.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Establish+a+list+of+active+committers+%21" name="Establish a list of active committers !">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors
+agreement.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Add all active committers in the STATUS file.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Ask root for the creation of committers' accounts on cvs.apache.org.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Infrastructure+%21" name="Infrastructure !">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant the
+committers karma.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Ask infrastructure to set up and archive Mailing lists.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Decide about and then ask infrastructure to setup an issuetracking
+system (Bugzilla, Scarab, Jira).
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>....-..-..
+</td>
+              <td>Migrate the project to our infrastructure.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Project+specific" name="Project specific">
+          <p>
+            <em>Add project specific tasks here.
+</em>
+          </p>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Incubation" name="Incubation">
+        <p>These action items have to be checked for during the whole incubation
+process.
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <em>These items are not to be signed as done during incubation, as they
+may change during incubation.
+</em>
+          <em>They are to be looked into and described in the status reports and
+completed in the request for incubation signoff.
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Collaborative+Development" name="Collaborative Development">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified and
+acknowledged as committers on the project?
+</li>
+            <li>Are there three or more independent committers? (The legal definition
+of independent is long and boring, but basically it means that there
+is no binding relationship between the individuals, such as a shared
+employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as
+individuals, directly or indirectly.)
+</li>
+            <li>Are project decisions being made in public by the committers?
+</li>
+            <li>Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of
+the committers?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Licensing+awareness" name="Licensing awareness">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Are all licensing, trademark, credit issues being taken care of and
+acknowleged by all committers?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Project+Specific" name="Project Specific">
+          <p>
+            <em>Add project specific tasks here.
+</em>
+          </p>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Exit" name="Exit">
+        <p>
+          <em>Things to check for before voting the project out.
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Organizational+acceptance+of+responsibility+for+the+project" name="Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project">
+          <ul>
+            <li>If graduating to an existing PMC, has the PMC voted to accept it?
+</li>
+            <li>If graduating to a new PMC, has the board voted to accept it?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Incubator+sign-off" name="Incubator sign-off">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Has the Incubator decided that the project has accomplished all of
+the above tasks?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/harmony.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native

Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/hermes.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/hermes.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/hermes.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/hermes.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,478 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties>
+    <title>hermes
+</title>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="Pubscribe+%28formerly+known+as+Hermes%29+Project+Incubation+Status" name="Pubscribe (formerly known as Hermes) Project Incubation Status">
+      <p>This page tracks the project status, incubator-wise. For more general
+project status, look on the
+
+        <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/hermes/">project website
+</a>.
+
+      </p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Description" name="Description">
+      <p>A Web Services WS-FX subproject that provides an implementation of
+the OASIS Web Services Notification (WSN) family of specifications.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="News" name="News">
+      <ul>
+        <li>2005-06-03 - Incubator PMC voted to graduate Pubscribe (formerly
+named Hermes)
+</li>
+        <li>2004-11-08 - Proposal sent to incubator general mailing list
+</li>
+        <li>2004-10-14 - Proposal accepted by WS PMC
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Project+info" name="Project info">
+      <table>
+        <tr>
+          <th>item
+</th>
+          <th>type
+</th>
+          <th>reference
+</th>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Website
+</td>
+          <td>www
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/hermes/">http://incubator.apache.org/hermes/
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Proposal
+</td>
+          <td>wiki
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HermesProposal">http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HermesProposal
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Mailing Lists
+</td>
+          <td>dev
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="mailto:hermes-dev@ws.apache.org">hermes-dev@ws.apache.org
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>svn
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="mailto:hermes-cvs@incubator.apache.org">hermes-cvs@incubator.apache.org
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Bug Tracking
+</td>
+          <td>jira
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ViewProject.jspa?pid=10613">http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ViewProject.jspa?pid=1061
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Source Code
+</td>
+          <td>svn
+</td>
+          <td>
+            <a href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hermes/">https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hermes/
+</a>
+          </td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Mentors
+</td>
+          <td>dims
+</td>
+          <td>Davanum Srinivas
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>Committers
+</td>
+          <td>gawor
+</td>
+          <td>Jarek Gawor
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>ips
+</td>
+          <td>Ian Springer
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>kidz
+</td>
+          <td>Kinga Dziembowski
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>lischke
+</td>
+          <td>Stefan Lischke
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>meder
+</td>
+          <td>Sam Meder
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>scamp
+</td>
+          <td>Sal Campana
+</td>
+        </tr>
+        <tr>
+          <td>.
+</td>
+          <td>wire
+</td>
+          <td>Bill Reichardt
+</td>
+        </tr>
+      </table>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+status+reports" name="Incubation status reports">
+      <ul>
+        <li>2005-06-03 - Incubator PMC voted to graduate Pubscribe
+</li>
+        <li>2005-05-25 - A 1.0 beta release of Hermes was released today. For a
+description of the features included in this release, see the
+
+          <a href="http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=hermes-dev&amp;m=111707874714178&amp;w=2">release announcement
+</a>. This release contains all of the features that are planned for
+v1.0. The plan is to spend the next 6-8 weeks bolstering
+documentation and unit test coverage, i18nizing all messages, and
+fixing any bugs that are reported.
+
+        </li>
+        <li>2005-04-21 - Kinga Dziembowski was voted in as a committer.
+</li>
+        <li>2005-03-17 - Due to trademark concerns with using the name Hermes, we
+voted to change the project name to MessageBroker.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+work+items" name="Incubation work items">
+      <subsection id="Project+Setup" name="Project Setup">
+        <p>This is the first phase on incubation, needed to start the project at
+Apache.
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <em>Item assignment is shown by the Apache id.
+</em>
+          <em>Completed tasks are shown by the completion date (YYYY-MM-dd).
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Identify+the+project+to+be+incubated" name="Identify the project to be incubated">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-04-18
+</td>
+              <td>Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
+check http://www.nameprotect.com/ to be sure that the name is not
+already trademarked for an existing software product. NOTE: The new
+name will be MessageBroker, since the name Hermes has trademark
+issues.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-04
+</td>
+              <td>If request from outside Apache to enter an existing Apache project,
+then post a message to that project for them to decide on acceptance.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Interim+responsibility" name="Interim responsibility">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-04
+</td>
+              <td>Identify all the Mentors for the incubation, by asking all that can
+be Mentors.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-04
+</td>
+              <td>Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-04
+</td>
+              <td>Give all Mentors access to all incubator CVS modules. (to be done by
+PMC chair)
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-04
+</td>
+              <td>Tell Mentors to track progress in the file
+'incubator/projects/{project.name}.cwiki'
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Copyright" name="Copyright">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-01-04
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
+been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
+package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-04
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
+updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Verify+distribution+rights" name="Verify distribution rights">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-04-26
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that all code included with the distribution that
+is not under the Apache license has the right to combine with
+Apache-licensed code and redistribute.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-04-21
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that all source code distributed by the project
+is covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
+BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
+the same terms.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Establish+a+list+of+active+committers+%21" name="Establish a list of active committers !">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-08
+</td>
+              <td>Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors
+agreement.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-08
+</td>
+              <td>Add all active committers in the STATUS file.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-08
+</td>
+              <td>Ask root for the creation of committers' accounts on
+minotaur.apache.org.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Infrastructure+%21" name="Infrastructure !">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-15
+</td>
+              <td>Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant the
+committers karma.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-15
+</td>
+              <td>Ask infrastructure to set up and archive Mailing lists.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-15
+</td>
+              <td>Decide about and then ask infrastructure to setup an issuetracking
+system (Bugzilla, Scarab, Jira).
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-11-15
+</td>
+              <td>Migrate the project to our infrastructure.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Project+specific" name="Project specific">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-12-15
+</td>
+              <td>Carry over the interfaces used in the Globus WSRF/WSN impl
+(Subscription, Topic, etc.).
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2005-??-??
+</td>
+              <td>Participate in the OASIS WSN interop.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Incubation" name="Incubation">
+        <p>These action items have to be checked for during the whole incubation
+process.
+</p>
+        <p>
+          <em>These items are not to be signed as done during incubation, as they
+may change during incubation.
+</em>
+          <em>They are to be looked into and described in the status reports and
+completed in the request for incubation signoff.
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Collaborative+Development" name="Collaborative Development">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified and
+acknowledged as committers on the project? ... Yes, though we expect
+to add new committers in the future. For example. Hitachi will be
+contributing a couple developers in the near future, and a company
+called Gestalt has expressed interest in contributing some manpower.
+</li>
+            <li>Are there three or more independent committers? ... Yes - HP (4),
+Globus (2), CA (1) and Stefan Lischke (individual).
+</li>
+            <li>Are project decisions being made in public by the committers? ...
+Yes, we vote on all important decisions (for example, cutting a
+release or changing the project name).
+</li>
+            <li>Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of
+the committers? ... Yes, we use the standard ASF voting procedure.
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Licensing+awareness" name="Licensing awareness">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Are all licensing, trademark, credit issues being taken care of and
+acknowleged by all committers? ... Yes, we are only using 3rd-party
+libs with ASF-compatible licenses, and we are not using any
+trademarked names without proper acknowledgement.
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Project+Specific" name="Project Specific">
+          <p>
+            <em>Add project specific tasks here.
+</em>
+          </p>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+      <subsection id="Exit" name="Exit">
+        <p>
+          <em>Things to check for before voting the project out.
+</em>
+        </p>
+        <subsection id="Organizational+acceptance+of+responsibility+for+the+project" name="Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Has the PMC voted to accept it? ... Yes, the WebServices PMC has
+accepted responsibility for the project.
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Incubator+sign-off" name="Incubator sign-off">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Has the Incubator decided that the project has accomplished all of
+the above tasks? ... A VOTE was intitiated by dims on 2005-05-27 and
+incubation was successfully completed on 2005-06-03.
+</li>
+          </ul>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/hermes.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native

Added: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/httpd-cli.xml
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/httpd-cli.xml?rev=370716&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/httpd-cli.xml (added)
+++ incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/httpd-cli.xml Thu Jan 19 19:10:36 2006
@@ -0,0 +1,359 @@
+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
+<document>
+  <properties>
+    <title>httpd-cli
+</title>
+  </properties>
+  <body>
+    <section id="HTTPD+Project%2C+CLI+subproject%2C+mod_aspdotnet+Codebase+IP+Clearance+Status" name="HTTPD Project, CLI subproject, mod_aspdotnet Codebase IP Clearance Status">
+      <p>This page tracks the project status, incubator-wise.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Description" name="Description">
+      <p>The Apache 2.0 module mod_aspdotnet, and CLI implementation of
+Apache.Web.Host, together form a hosting environment for ASP.NET
+applications within Microsoft's .NET Framework for Windows, and the
+Apache 2.0 httpd server running on Win32.
+</p>
+      <p>This code was developed by William A. Rowe, Jr., Covalent
+Technologies, Inc., and is donated to the Apache community as a
+starting point for multiple avenues of CLI integration with the
+Apache 2.0 httpd server.
+</p>
+      <p>Microsoft, as part of it's .NET patents, asserts ownership of the
+implementation of System.Web.Hosting, the framework under which
+ASP.NET applications are instantiated. Note that this patent does not
+assert the implementation of System.Web.Host, System.Web.Request and
+other specific implementations of the server 'container' which
+forwards ASP.NET requests to the .NET Framework's implementation of
+System.Web.Hosting.
+</p>
+      <p>The initial goal of the PMC is to release this ASP.NET implementation
+of ASP.NET for he benefit of Apache httpd Win32 users.
+</p>
+      <p>The second goal of the PMC will be to refactor the Microsoft COM/.NET
+CLI thunks which exist in mod_aspdotnet, from the specific
+implementation of the ASP.NET-based Apache.Web.Host container.
+</p>
+      <p>Once the CLI thunk is a seperate and distinct component, the next two
+goals, may occur in parallel;
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Abstract the Apache httpd request model as it's own CLI
+implementation, allowing authors to handle native httpd requests
+without the Microsoft specific ASP.NET model.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <ul>
+        <li>Build alternate CLI thunks to other engines such as mono, to allow
+CLI code to run on other platforms using the native Apache request
+model.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>This goal allows CLI developers, to use tools such as C# to develop
+Apache-based solutions using alternate CLI hosting environments such
+as mono, without infringing on the claims of Microsoft which may
+inhibit ASP.NET-based solutions on non-Windows operating systems.
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Project+info" name="Project info">
+      <ul>
+        <li>The Apache httpd PMC owns this httpd CLI subproject, and this
+subproject follows the Apache httpd PMC's direction. Significant
+contributors to this sub-project (e.g. 6 months of sustained
+contribution) will be proposed for Apache httpd PMC membership.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <ul>
+        <li>The CLI sub-project's modules will be available under seperate
+downloads, and are not envisioned to become part of a 'stock' httpd
+distribution.
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <subsection id="Detailed+References%3A" name="Detailed References:">
+        <table>
+          <tr>
+            <th>item
+</th>
+            <th>type
+</th>
+            <th>reference
+</th>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Status file
+</td>
+            <td>www
+</td>
+            <td>http://incubator.apache.org/projects/httpd-cli.html
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Website
+</td>
+            <td>www
+</td>
+            <td>To-Do; http://httpd.apache.org/cli/
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Mailing list
+</td>
+            <td>dev
+</td>
+            <td>cli-dev@httpd.apache.org
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Source code
+</td>
+            <td>SVN
+</td>
+            <td>/repos/asf/incubator/httpd/cli/trunk/
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Mentor
+</td>
+            <td>wrowe
+</td>
+            <td>Will Rowe (CLA on file)
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Committers
+</td>
+            <td>ridruejo
+</td>
+            <td>Daniel Lopez (CLA on file)
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Committers
+</td>
+            <td>ianh
+</td>
+            <td>Ian Holsman (CLA on file)
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Committers
+</td>
+            <td>jimjag
+</td>
+            <td>Jim Jagleski (CLA on file)
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Committers
+</td>
+            <td>shughes
+</td>
+            <td>Sterling Hughes (CLA on file)
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Committers
+</td>
+            <td>wrowe
+</td>
+            <td>Will Rowe (CLA on file)
+</td>
+          </tr>
+          <tr>
+            <td>Discussion Thread
+</td>
+            <td>mail
+</td>
+            <td>Message-Id: &lt;6.0.2.0.2.20040305114405.02b4db60@pop3.rowe-clan.net&gt;
+</td>
+          </tr>
+        </table>
+        <p>
+          <em>Completed tasks are shown by the completion date (YYYY-MM-dd).
+</em>
+        </p>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+status+reports" name="Incubation status reports">
+      <ul>
+        <li>19 July 2004
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>In March '04, the httpd PMC referred the mod_aspdotnet contribution
+(Code Grant ack'ed in rev 1.7 of foundation/grants.txt) for
+incubation.
+</p>
+      <p>The project was recently picked back up, with Will Rowe now having
+the cycles to devote to the care and feeding required of incubation.
+Ian Holsman, also an httpd PMC member, stepped up to co-shepherd the
+incubation.
+</p>
+      <p>Invites to the interested parties were sent last week to join the
+mailing list cli-dev@httpd.apache.org, followed by an invitation to
+the dev@httpd community. The status page/ip incubation template was
+created, with Ian managing the site. Will has imported the initial
+contribution into SVN (under asf/incubator/httpd/cli/).
+</p>
+      <p>Next steps are documented in status, first posts will be sent to this
+list this week. mod_aspdotnet should have an initial release soon,
+followed by the refactoring of code to support an Apache.Web model
+that is entirely independent of the Microsoft ASP.NET technology,
+usable in C# with one of several CLI environments, including mono.
+</p>
+      <p>The cli-dev team would like to thank Noel and Sander for their advise
+and handholding through initial mailing list creation, SVN setup, and
+general guidance on the incubation process.
+</p>
+      <p>Will Rowe
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>30 October 2004
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>After soliciting a number of comments from cli-dev testers of the
+mod_aspdotnet, and committing their patches to solve various bugs,
+the subproject has extracted v2.0.0 release candidate 1 today.
+</p>
+      <p>The installer was migrated to InstallShield X, the only and current
+product for authoring .msi files from InstallShield. This, after
+experience with converting the Apache 1.3.33 installer, turned out to
+be fairly trivial, and the .ism project file did have an xml flavor
+that can be tracked in svn.
+</p>
+      <p>Next actions are creating a cli-users@httpd end-user list, declaring
+v2.0.0 released, adding the tracking category in bugzilla, and moving
+from incubator/httpd/cli to httpd/cli in svn, once graduated.
+</p>
+      <p>Will Rowe
+</p>
+      <ul>
+        <li>4 February 2005
+</li>
+      </ul>
+      <p>Graduation Report
+</p>
+      <p>December 16th is the date that the httpd-pmc vote was closed, this
+sub-project adopted, the repositories and first release moved into
+the httpd.apache.org domain, and officially kicked off. This had
+included the cli-users@httpd list, cli-dev@httpd list, bugzilla
+recordkeeping at issues.apache.org, and http://httpd.apache.org/cli/
+home page.
+</p>
+      <p>I would like to especially thank Ian for his extraordinary help,
+simply navigating the particularities with the incubator's
+infrastructure, and all of the interested users and developers who
+have stepped up to this effort. A number of individuals are using
+this in production, for their own development, and are coming up with
+exciting challenges to overcome in the future.
+</p>
+      <p>My appologies for taking so long to close the incubator pages, and
+thank you to the incubation committee for helping promote this work.
+</p>
+      <p>Will Rowe
+</p>
+    </section>
+    <section id="Incubation+work+items" name="Incubation work items">
+      <subsection id="Project+Setup" name="Project Setup">
+        <subsection id="Identify+the+codebase" name="Identify the codebase">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-07-19
+</td>
+              <td>If applicable, make sure that any associated name does not already
+exist and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not
+already trademarked for an existing software product.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Copyright" name="Copyright">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-02-19
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
+been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
+package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-02-26
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
+updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Verify+distribution+rights" name="Verify distribution rights">
+          <table>
+            <tr>
+              <th>date
+</th>
+              <th>item
+</th>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-07-19
+</td>
+              <td>Check that all active committers have a signed CLA on record.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-07-19
+</td>
+              <td>Remind active committers that they are responsible for ensuring that
+a Corporate CLA is recorded if such is is required to authorize their
+contributions under their individual CLA.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-07-19
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that for all items included with the distribution
+that is not under the Apache license, we have the right to combine
+with Apache-licensed code and redistribute.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+            <tr>
+              <td>2004-07-19
+</td>
+              <td>Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is
+covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
+BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
+the same terms.
+</td>
+            </tr>
+          </table>
+          <p>Generally, the result of checking off these items will be a Software
+Grant, CLA, and Corporate CLA for ASF licensed code, which must have
+no dependencies upon items whose licenses that are incompatible with
+the Apache License.
+</p>
+        </subsection>
+        <subsection id="Organizational+acceptance+of+responsibility+for+the+project" name="Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project">
+          <ul>
+            <li>Has the receiving PMC voted to accept it?
+</li>
+          </ul>
+          <p>The Apache httpd project voted and it was adopted on 16 December,
+2004.
+</p>
+        </subsection>
+      </subsection>
+    </section>
+  </body>
+</document>

Propchange: incubator/public/trunk/site/xdocs2/projects/httpd-cli.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    svn:eol-style = native



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cvs-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cvs-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message