incubator-ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Expected Results
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 05:27:52 GMT
Below is the response from Sean Murphy:

Hello Leonard,
        I would be happy to assist in any way I can.   I want to
be sure I understand what type of behavior you are expecting.   I'm
using the CVD application to view the one of processed tester*.xml files
you provided.  Other than missing the 'multivitamin' mention I see that
most drugs are discovered in the medication list.  Is it how the
annotations attributes are being picked up (or missed) or something else
that you are anticipating?

        Thanks,
        ~Sean

From: ctakes-user-return-14-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org [mailto:ctakes-user-return-14-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Leonard Jacuzzo
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:13 PM
To: ctakes-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Expected Results

Dear List,

I have been experimenting with cTAKES. It looks promising, but I am wondering whether or not
I am getting the expected results.

I have attached a text file that is a transcription example I found on line. tester1 is the
textfile. tester.txt.xml is the result of running the AggregateUMLSplaintext cdp. tester1.txt.xml
is the result of running a CPE with DrugNER(Plaintext UMLS) aggregate analysis engine. I have
attached the CPE description here as LJFDRNER.xml...

If it is not too much trouble, I am hoping that someone that is familiar with the expected
outputs will take a look at these to see if this is what is expected.

The Drug NER does not seem to do what I expected.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Leonard