From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: running ctakes outside of eclipse?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:22:53 GMT
Hi Matt,
You can run it within maven via profile "mvn compile -PrunCPE"
Or if you download the bin, the same old .sh is in the /bin dir.
HTH

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 13, 2013, at 5:04 PM, "Coarr, Matt" <mcoarr@mitre.org> wrote:

> I usually run ctakes pipelines (generally the clinical document pipeline) from within
eclipse — by using the run configurations to start the cvd or cpe gui.

> I'm trying to answer some questions for another group at my company that's trying to
use ctakes as more of a non-developer tool.

> What's the best way to run ctakes 3.0 outside eclipse?  (e.g. command-line)
>
> When I want to "run ctakes" I usually run the clinical documents pipeline (plain text)
by loading up CVD or CPE GUI and then loading the clinical documents pipeline xml descriptor.

> Is there a script or something that sets up the classpath before you go off and run CVD
or a CPE?  (for starting these tools from the command-line)