From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject uima parameters vs. resources (ctakes-dependency-parser)
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:28:00 GMT
The question of when to use uima descriptor parameters vs resources has come up offline recently.
 My understanding is that resources are valuable for things like large model files, where
it can be loaded once by UIMA and then shared between pipelines. I happened to notice that
in the dependency parser, which has an uncommonly large model file, the model filename is
a parameter, and from what I can tell the model will be loaded separately for each pipeline.
 Is this something that should be fixed or is there some reasoning against using the resource
mechanism in this instance or in general?
Tim