From "Halgrim, Scott" <halgri...@ghc.org>
Subject SHARPKnowtatorXMLReader borked?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:00:48 GMT
I cannot seem to run SHARPKnowtatorXMLReader.process() as part of the assertion eval launch.
I've done a bit of investigative work, but found myself too far down the rabbit hole to want
to make any changes myself. So I'll present what I found here and maybe you can let me know
if I'm doing something wrong or if something else needs to be fixed.

That method throws an IllegalArgumentException at line 198 (rev 1454310) where it tries to
create a File from knowtatorURI. Which is just, for example, rec001.knowtator.xml. And it
is only that value because the private File member textDirectory is null. And I can't find
anywhere in that class that textDirectory is assigned.

The textDirectory member seems to replace the public static member textURIDirectory from the
previous rev (1454297). In addition to being public, that member was assigned in the initialize()
method of that rev, which no longer exists in the current rev.

So I don't see any way that textDirectory can ever get assigned with the current code, so
I don't see any way that line 198 can create a File from the knowtatorURI.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Scott

GHC Confidentiality Statement

This message and any attached files might contain confidential information protected by federal
and state law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities
originally named as addressees. The improper disclosure of such information may be subject
to civil or criminal penalties. If this message reached you in error, please contact the sender
and destroy this message. Disclosing, copying, forwarding, or distributing the information
by unauthorized individuals or entities is strictly prohibited by law.