From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: adding the relation extractor aggregate to the regression test
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:48:19 GMT
On Mar 20, 2013, at 8:16 AM, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:
> I was guessing we would have a separate set of tests that would be run when a RC was
built that would test the pipelines that include the UMLS resources.  But that the regression
tests in ctakes-regression-test would at least ensure the other (non UMLS) parts of the pipelines
worked.

In relation extractor, we're already testing the non-aggregate descriptors in the regular
unit tests, so it's really only the aggregate descriptor with UMLS resources that needs to
be tested.

BTW, I think this is probably what we should be doing in general - all non-aggregate descriptors
should be tested in unit tests, and the aggregate descriptors can all be tested by CPE regression
tests or something along those lines.

On Mar 20, 2013, at 8:39 AM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I think it is def possible to auto download umls, unpack, tester provide credentials,
run the tests. None of this gets distributed so I think it's possible.  I could take a stab
at this in a few weeks unless someone gives it a shot first.

This would be great. I think I'll postpone my efforts to add a CPE test for relation extractor
until after this.

Steve