From shady hussein <shady.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Combining Drug and Concept annotations
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:52:33 GMT
Hi Pei,
   Thanks for your reply, Yes i meant that DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor return more
concepts, or the opposite AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor returns the usual concepts + the
MedicationEventMentions. I don't think it is hard to implement, as i think the dictionary
lookup code won't change.

I tried to merge the drug lookup in the lookupDB and add the drug annotator in the normal
pipe line, but of course things are not that simple :) I don't fully understand how the dictionary
look up works, otherwise i could do it. Maybe if you have sometime, you can guide me a little
and i can go from there.

Thanks,
Shady

On Feb 4, 2013, at 6:58 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Shady,
> Just wanted to confirm:
> Did  you mean that the DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor identifies the same drugs,
but just with more attributes (i.e. dosage, frequency, etc.)?
> Or did you mean that the DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor actually returned more UMLSConcepts
(MedicationEventMentions) the regular AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor?

lookup entries- rather than a second lookup): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-20