From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Concepts arenot detected
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:00:33 GMT
Shady,
It may have something to do with the configuration files for the dictionary lookup.  There
are a lot of things in the UMLS that cTAKES filters out by UMLS Type.  If you look in the
dictionary project, the LookupDesc_Db.xml has a section of properties for the UMLS consumer,
and there is a set of types that are included for each semantic group.  For example, the "procedure"
group has a property "proceduretuis" that includes the types T059, T060, T061.  Looking in
the UMLS browser, I couldn't find a TUI for "temperature" that the filter will allow.  You
can experiment with those types to get more permissive concept labeling.  You can explore
the semantic types using the Semantic Network Browser in the UMLS Terminology services.

Tim