From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate cTAKES from Incubator
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:51:20 GMT
+1 from me I would support this and agree with all of the below. 2 things to decide:

Initial PMC - my recommendation is to take the current PPMC and then ask each mentor if they
want to remain.
Chair - I nominate Pei

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 15, 2013, at 12:55 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> This is to open a discussion to graduate Apache cTAKES podling from the Apache Incubator.
>
> Apache cTAKES entered the Incubator in June of 2012. We have made significant progress
with the project since moving over to Apache. We currently have 18 committers listed on our
status page at [1] including over 10 which accepted after the podling was formed.

> During incubation, cTAKES has :
> * Produced 1 Release
> * Added 10 new Committer/PPMC members and shows constant community activities
> * Cleared IP on code
> * Developed Roadmap(s) for the next major and minor releases in a community process and
started working on that [2]
> * The community of Apache cTAKES is active, healthy, and growing and has demonstrated
the ability to self-govern using accepted Apache practices