From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate cTAKES from Incubator
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 05:04:19 GMT
+1, exactly Jörn.

I'm not a huge fan of the bylaws. What I tend to do is to cruft up a
resolution template, e.g,. here's a recent one for Airavata which passed
muster:

 open-source software, for distribution at no charge
 to the public, related to executing and managing
 computational jobs on distributed computing resources
 including local clusters, supercomputers, national grids,
 academic and commercial clouds.

 Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Airavata Project",
 Foundation; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby is
 responsible for the creation and maintenance of  software
 related to executing and managing computational jobs on
 distributed computing resources including local clusters,
 supercomputers, national grids, academic and commercial clouds;
 and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Airavata" be
 and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
 serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
 of the Apache Airavata Project, and to have primary responsibility
 for management of the projects within the scope of
 responsibility of the Apache Airavata Project; and be it further

 Apache Airavata Project:

 Aleksander Slominski      <aslom@apache.org>
 Ate Douma                 <ate@apache.org>
 Chathura Herath           <chathura@apache.org>
 Chris Mattmann            <mattmann@apache.org>
 Eran Chinthaka            <chinthaka@apache.org>
 Srinath Perera            <hemapani@apache.org>
 Heshan Suriyaarachchi     <heshan@apache.org>
 Lahiru Gunathilake        <lahiru@apache.org>
 Marlon Pierce             <mpierce@apache.org>
 Patanachai Tangchaisin    <patanachai@apache.org>
 Raminderjeet Singh        <raminder@apache.org>
 Saminda Wijeratne         <saminda@apache.org>
 Shahani Weerawarana       <shahani@apache.org>
 Suresh Marru              <smarru@apache.org>
 Thilina Gunarathne        <thilina@apache.org>

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Suresh Marru
 be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airavata,
 to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
 death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
 or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airavata PMC be and hereby is
 tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
 encourage open development and increased participation in the
 Apache Airavata Project; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby
 Incubator Airavata podling; and be it further

 Incubator Airavata podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
 Project are hereafter discharged.

Try revising this and getting to a resolution everyone is happy with. Then
we can:

1. Community [VOTE] here on ctakes-dev@incubator
2. Incubator PMC [VOTE] on general@incubator
3. Add board resolution to board agenda - target March 2013 board meeting

Cheers,
Chris