From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: versions of clear* jars that are not in maven central
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 00:41:12 GMT
On Jan 31, 2013, at 5:31 PM, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:
> When looking through the jars in lib directories under ctakes-* projects in SVN, and
trying to find the jars in maven central, I see these clear* ones which are not listed in
maven central

> Could not find at the given version in maven central:
> clearparser-0.33.jar
> cleartk-eval-0.8.1.jar
> cleartk-ml-1.0.1.jar
> cleartk-ml-libsvm-1.0.1.jar
> cleartk-ml-opennlp-maxent-1.0.2.jar
> cleartk-ml-svmlight-1.0.2.jar
> cleartk-test-util-1.0.1.jar
> cleartk-util-0.8.1.jar
>
> Could not find at all in maven central:
> cleartk-chunker-1.0.1.jar

At least for ctakes-relation-extractor, I can confirm that we're not actually using any of
these jars - we're pulling current versions from Maven Central. Looks like those were unintentionally
left in there after the conversion to Maven. So deleting them should be totally fine.

For ctakes-dependency-parser, I don't know as much. I assume it would be fine to use the newer
cleartk-util from Maven Central. But I don't think clearparser is available at all on Maven
Central. I've asked Jinho many, many times to put it up there, but that's never happened.
Feel free to ping him again though. Maybe you'll have more luck than me.

Steve