From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Graduate cTAKES from Incubator
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:29:51 GMT
Hi,
Below is a Draft of the proposed Graduation Resolution, please feel free to review before
we call a community VOTE:
* denotes pending apache account creation.

---
X. Establish the Apache cTAKES Project
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the Foundation and
consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged
with the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to the processing of natural language text from the electronic medical
record.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC), to be known as
the "Apache cTAKES Project", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
and be it further
RESOLVED, that the Apache cTAKES Project be and hereby is responsible for the creation and
maintenance of software related to the processing of natural language text from the electronic
medical record; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache cTAKES" be and hereby is created, the
person holding such office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache cTAKES Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects
within the scope of responsibility of the Apache cTAKES Project; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed to serve as
the initial members of the Apache cTAKES Project:

*Andy McMurry <andymc@apache.org>
Britt Fitch <brittfitch@apache.org>
Chen Lin <clin@apache.org>
Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
Ding Cheng Li <leonleeldc@apache.org>
Dmitriy Dligach <Dligach@apache.org>
Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
*Guergana K. Savova
Hongfang Liu <liuhongfang@apache.org>
James J Masanz <james-masanz@apache.org>
Jörn Kottmann <joern@apache.org>
*Kim Ebert
Matt Coarr <mattcoarr@apache.org>
Pei J Chen <chenpei@apache.org>
*Sarma Karthik <ksarma@apache.org>
Scott Russell Halgrim <shalgrim@apache.org>
Sean Finan <seanfinan@apache.org>
Sean Patrick Murphy <spmurphy50@apache.org>
Siddhartha Jonnalagadda <siddhartha@apache.org>
Steven Bethard <stevenbethard@apache.org>
Stephen Wu <swu@apache.org>
Sunghwan Sohn <ssohn@apache.org>
Tim Miller <tmill@apache.org>
Troy C. Bleeker <bleeker@apache.org>
Vinod C Kaggal <vkaggal@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Pei J Chen be appointed to the office of Vice
President, Apache cTAKES, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the initial Apache cTAKES PMC be and hereby is tasked with the creation of
a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache cTAKES Project; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the Apache cTAKES Project be and hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization
of the Apache Incubator cTAKES podling; and be it further
RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator cTAKES podling encumbered
upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.