From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: compile versus package
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:39:11 GMT
Hi Troy,
Yes, you are correct- it really is doing two things.
mvn clean compile should be sufficient if using mvn to run and resolve dependencies which
is nice.
(We can update the docs if that makes it simpler)
package is convenient in certain situations  when it's convenient to have all of the 3rd party
and transient dependencies downloaded and bundled up such as running it outside mvn with custom
processes/scripts etc.

--Pei