From Kim Ebert <kim.eb...@perfectsearchcorp.com>
Subject cTAKES 3.0 appears to be 10x slower than cTAKES 2.5
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:09:11 GMT
Hi All,

I am doing a comparison of cTAKES 2.5 and cTAKES 3.0 for a 100 document
test corpus.

Timing how long it took, I found that cTAKES 2.5 took 1,490.397 seconds
while cTAKES 3.0 took 21,119.485 seconds. It seems like a major slowdown
in performance.

I used the following analysis engine for cTAKES 3.0:

desc/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml

I used the following analysis engine for cTAKES 2.5:

cTAKESdesc/cdpdesc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml

Any thoughts on why such a difference in performance?

Thanks,

--
Kim Ebert
1.801.669.7342