From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject assistance with dictionary lookup issue
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:43:55 GMT
Pei helped me track down an issue with performance I'd noticed in the
dictionary annotator, and I have filed the issue here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-143

I implemented a quick and dirty proof of concept fix and noticed
dramatic performance improvement.  I attached the patch to the issue,
but it involves changing an interface (currently does not try to fix
other implementing classes so obviously not ready for primetime), so I
wanted to solicit the list first in case anyone with better knowledge of
that module has some better engineering ideas than what I came up with.

Thanks,

--
Tim Miller, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow