From Andy McMurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:30:58 GMT
Hello !

I work with Geurgana and Pei and Britt on the de-identification software and papers using
cTAKES.

>>> We already have a maven repository and bamboo server for at least as long as
it takes to clear this ASF issue. <<

In my experience anytime "open source" and "legal doubts" are mixed the answer can drag on
for unreasonably long.
We can host binaries and continuous integration on open.med.harvard.edu without much effort.

This is how how already host binary dists for Scrubber (de-id engine that depends on ctakes).

We could easily do the same for cTAKES.

BINARY DISTS (maven repo )
http://repo.open.med.harvard.edu/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;quick~scrubber

CONTINUOUS BUILDS (bamboo)
https://open.med.harvard.edu/bamboo/browse/SCRUBBER-DEF

I offered Guergana the Maven repo and Bamboo builds last year.
From memory, I think she just wanted to use whatever things were the least time consuming.

If ASF is questionable about binary hosting, we can host on open.med (and build  continuously).

TL;DR: Maven Repo with continuous builds for cTAKES.
Its a good thing.

Yay, nay? Hooray?

-- Andy McMurry