From Deepal Dhariwal <deepaldhari...@gmail.com>
Subject Information Extraction using ontology
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 05:16:50 GMT
Hello all,

I have a heart ontology and I want to extract terms from a clinical text
that correspond to classes in the ontology. cTAKES UMLS Lookup Annotator
returns UMLS terms from a given piece of text. Could I modify the annotator
to extract terms from the ontology and is there is some other component of
cTAKES that would allow me to do so. I am trying to set up a cTakes
pipeline where I first extract medical terms from text using UMLS lookup
then filter cardio vascular terms and identify relations between them using
an ontology.

Thanks
Deepal Dhariwal