From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create a ctakes-3.0.0-incubating RC4 soon?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 10:43:58 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Chen, Pei
<Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Perhaps - we should give our mentors a few more days in case there are any
> ASF process specific issues that we may also need to incorporate?

I'm not a formal mentor (yet), but I'm giving a look at the latest
release candidate now as an interested IPMC member. I haven't yet
completed a full review, but here's a few initial things that should
be addressed:

* The source archive is pretty big at ~600MB. Surely that's not all
source code written by you? External or precompiled binaries like the
various lib jars should not be included in the source release as their
contents can't reasonably be reviewed. Instead they can be made
available as a separate -libs (or -deps) archive, or (better yet)
downloaded automatically from something like the central Maven
repository as a part of the build.

* The top-level LICENSE file only mentions ALv2. Are there no non-ALv2
code or dependencies included? All the licenses covering code or other
bits included in a release archive should be included or at least
referenced in the LICENSE file.

* How does the licensing of models like the ones in
ctakes-dependency-parser/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dependency/parser/models/dependency/
work?

BR,

Jukka Zitting