From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:45:54 GMT
See Draft Below:

--------------------
cTAKES

cTAKES (clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System) is a natural
language processing (NLP) tool for information extraction from electronic
medical record clinical free-text.

cTAKES was voted into the Incubator by the IPMC on Monday, June 11, 2012.

Three most important steps moving towards graduation

  - Attract new contributors
  - Make at least one cTAKES release
  - Get everyone's ICLA on file and start developing code at Apache and using
    the infrastructure

Community:

  We have had additional committers and PPMC members join.
  We have the Software Grants on file from the necessary institutions(CTAKES-2).
  We have been using JIRA tickets to replace the Bugs tickets.
  We have been actively using the ASF mailing lists for communication, with over 328 mails
in ctakes-dev@ in Nov.

Development:

- We successfully migrated the cTAKES codebase from SourceForge to ASF SVN.
- We have been successfully using Maven builds and ASF Nexus for staging our development.
- We have integrated cTAKES with continuous integration using ASF Jenkins.
- We have updated the code base to include ASF copyright headers to source files.
- We have integrated the Apache RAT plug-in for Audit.
- We have updated the README/LICENSE files appropriately.
- We have a release candidate (3.0.0-incubating) pending Review/Vote.
- The ctakes-dev@ discussions have been active.

--Pei