From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: type system changes needed to read SHARP data
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:45:11 GMT
On 12/12/2012 05:24 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
>> Yeah, agreed that web based annotation tools are the way to go. I would
>> love to see a BRAT-like tool that could work directly from a UIMA type
>> system schema. But I'm not going to hold my breath. ;-)
> It sounds like a comprehensive annotation tool (BRAT on top of UIMA) that works directly
from a UIMA type system schema would be a common tool that would benefit the entire UIMA community;
not just OpenNLP or cTAKES.  Perhaps we can combine our efforts.

Over at OpenNLP we are working on the Corpus Server which can be used to
host a set of XMI files and share them between a group of annotators,
it would be really nice if we could find a way to attach BRAT to this
server. UIMA based trainers can be connected to the Corpus Server via
a Collection Reader which fetches the training material from it.

Jörn